Savannah

we take the naps we think we deserve

One in Six

0

One in six women are raped. Over 200 women are raped each day. If you say that it does not scare you, you're lying. As we grow up we start to see overthing unfold. Men are taught that it was not theirr fault, it was what she had on, or we were drunk. They are not taught how to respect women. Women learn from the age 13 how to take precautions so they will not be raped.  Men do not care enough to understand consent. Consent is not what she is wearing, how drunk she is, or if you make her too afraid to say no. In 31 states, if you have your rapest's child, they can sue for visitation rights. Everyday women do things to avoid men becuase honestly you can not tell whether he is just a man walking past or a potential rapest. America preaches that it is the land of the free, yet half of the population is too scared to walk alone after dark. 

1

• Aspen Gray

Um, I hope that made sense. :)

• Aspen Gray

SO TRUE--but what's your point? What are you trying to communicate? Are you trying to convince people to protect women more, or are you trying to persuade your readers to try and educate men to respect women more? That's your thesis, and that's what you're missing. So stick a sentence at the end that tells your readers what it is that needs to happen. So true, though. That's a PSA we need produced.