Harzi

Philippines

Always shocked when people actually remember her name •
Fascinated by neuroscience •
Plays a few musical instruments •
Loves windy days (and nights) •
Maybe a cat •
17

"How strange it is to be anything at all."
- Neutral Milk Hotel, In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Sun, and A Touch Of Solipsism

9
At times, I feel like there are angels in my skin.

Beneath it
On it
Gliding gracefully

I can feel them as I stand by the window, piano keys on my fingertips - 

Rejoicing
Anticipating
Resculpting me from outside in

At times, these angels feel like sunlight on early Sunday morning, shining a shade of distinct, tactile yellow.

Through space between matter
Cobwebs glistening silver in welcoming glory

My skin is filled with angels
Gliding gracefully.
Sunday morn, sunday morn. Do you have your favorite days of the week?

1

• Khadeejah bint Malik

Re: Thank you for your beautiful comment <3 Mahigit dalawang taon na ako sa Pinas, I didn't know much Tagalog before, but I'm fairly speaking it now :D
    Yeah I do LOVE cats XD ... I have only one that my fam adopted over 5 years ago when she was kitten. Her name is Grace XD ... We're so attached to her and Idk how to live without her. Since you're a cat lover too, please check out my cat's story https://youtu.be/MD3Ty4Eq9zY
    I really appreciate it <3
    Also, (forgive my curiosity) is your name really Harzi?
    Maraming salamat <3. Best,
    Khadeejah

• Khadeejah bint Malik

Wow, beautiful enchanting words!! I like the way you described the feelings. Hello fellow Filipino!! XD I'm happy to find one from my country too!!
    Best,
    Khadeejah

Re: Thank you! They're duplets, but couplets too, I guess.... I didn't really think much about that when writing it XD

The Enneagram album is amazing!!! Sleeping At Last is beautiful, I don't think any artist can compare.

Instruments.... I dabble in a lot of them, the Ukulele, Piano, Guitar, Violin, and Drums, but my main focus is the Violin, followed by the Piano. I also am trying (and failing) at the Kalimba. it's such a tiny instrument, but so hard!!!\

Grey's Anatomy. I've watched till *Spoiler for season 11* Derek's death, just a little bit after that (two episodes). I don't want to sound backward, I mean, Meredith can get on without Derek, but I can't imagine a world in which there's a Meredith and no Derek. It doesn't make sense. The soundtrack is brilliant. Whoever sets them should be awarded with something, at least recognised. Chasing Cars, How To Save A Life, Keep Breathing, and other prominent songs are wonderful, but so are the ones that come up only once or twice. Sleeping at Last songs too come on the show (Eight, North, One, Taste, Three and Heart to name some) and there are other beautiful ones like Holding Us Back and Breathe 2am. I don't watch The Good Doctor, but I'll listen to the soundtrack!

When it comes to Hamilton, I can't decide on a favourite song, there are just too many!!! My tops would be I Know Him, Satisfied, Dear Theodosia, Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story and Non-stop, but I love all of them!

This was super looong too, sorry! But I loved hearing from you, and I adore your bio and pfp!

This is so melodical! (Does that make sense?) I love the way the words flow, and your formatting is so nice!!

My favourite day..... Probably Thursday, just because I like the way Thursday flows out of the mouth. Saturday and Wednesday's are a mouthful, Tuesday is so hard to spell, I've never liked the sound of Friday or Sunday, and Monday is the start of the week, so no.

Also, I couldn't help but read the comments below, and I saw your conversation with Anemoia.... Some artist recs? Dodie, Sleeping at Last (She gave this too), and Grace Vanderwaal have amazing originals. Cimorelli has originals too, but they have beautiful covers too. And Boyce Avenue covers are to DIE for. If you like country (I'm not a huge fan of country, but it's not like I hate it, I just never fell in love with it like I did to Alt. stuff) there's a song called 'Home' by Dotan. I'm pretty sure it's not country, but it really gave me those vibes.

Ooohh.... The violin. I'm learning it, and have been for about 8 years now, it is a pain. I remember my friends, about three years into learning it, running out of the room as soon as I got it out. I'm better now (thankfully) but it takes a while to get used to it.

There some other miscalleneous (did I spell that right?) songs I love, mostly from the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack. Sleeping at Last included, there are other songs such as 'Holding us Back','Keep Breathing','Breathe','How to save a life','Chasing cars' etc. The soundtrack is beautiful, and even if you don't watch GA or don't want to watch medical drama/soaps, the soundtrack alone is worth checking out.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Just reviewed this!

re: ah, yes, a country fan! ha it's ok to be silent. i know, people are weird about country music sometimes. but i like a lot of genres, as my message board suggests. yes, recs! i'm really getting into brooks & dunn; they're a little older ('90s to early 2000s were their heyday) because ronnie dunn has this iconic and just incredible voice. alan jackson and kenny chesney too, for older country. i'm not super into garth brooks, though. miranda lambert and carrie underwood occasionally. maddie & tae for a modern country duo, maren morris for country-pop. kelsea ballerini (!) and carly pearce too. as for country starts rn... luke combs for sure, jake owen, thomas rhett, florida georgia line, kane brown, old dominion, russell dickerson (southern symphony musically lovely), kip moore, oh, and tim mcgraw, scott mcreery, even dan + shay, darius rucker, chris lane, chris janson ("good vibes" and "done" are two of my faves by him), high valley seems to be a great up and coming duo, midland has a fun '80s vibe, brett young is sort of worth listening too, brett eldredge, kenny rogers, willow city.
    i've also tried to get into some classic country—like merle haggard, hank williams, etc.
    wow that was a lot. i can also recommend bastille, mxmtoon, sleeping at last, bob seger, mumford & sons, imagine dragons, tobymac, lorde, coldplay, fleetwood mac, ed sheeran (sometimes), jamie grace, matthew west, david dunn, skillet, cityalight, hillsong, matt redman, zach williams, needtobreathe, elevation worship, cory asbury, cody carnes, tori harper, lauren daigle, and, of course, TAYLOR SWIFT.

re re: that's so cool that you love psych too. i just want to know more about people! ooh cool i'm learning ukulele rn and i might take guitar next year. haha violin can sure be painful when you're first learning, i hear. but it's such a beautiful instrument. flute, too.

ooh, i saw that you like neuroscience! i'm fascinated as well. psychology and sociology too. just... people. we're such interesting creatures. the way we work, the way our brains function.
    what musical instruments do you play?

• Dmoral

GOODNESS THAT OPENING, it-it-it-it captivated my soul, i adore it. your use of italics was amazing and brilliant & everything about this piece felt so, just so elegant and wonderful. and the poetic touch of your footnotes? breathtaking!

ahhhhhhhhh
    enchanting

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Great, thanks! I'll check those out as soon as I can! <3

• Yellow Sweater

Ah! I love the title! this is beautiful and brilliant!

• Kasilee

My favorites Sundays and Wednesdays, the beginning and the middle, both our hope