SamRose

15
Ravenclaw
LDS
Fairykind
Homeschooler
Artist (trying to be)
Writer/Aspiring Author
Bookworm
Siberian Husky Owner (Sky)
Parakeet Owner (Haven)
Horseback Rider
Daughter of Athena
Team Leo (Lol)
Joined 11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to read my work!

Currently working on two series:
*Kingdom on a Cloud
*The Other Side (collab w/VirginaTechGirl101)
Read them PLEASE! XD

Talk to me about Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, Beyonders, Five Kingdoms, Anne of Green Gables, :)

After you're done here, go read my real-life friend BriRiley's writing! And my WtW friends Ava Marie and VirginiaTechGirl101! They are all super talented. :)

Proud member and Co-President of the Cult of the Crunch (ask (sk)eyesofocher for more info)

Don't hesitate to ask if you want a review, comment, whatever! I love getting to know all the awesome writers on here, and helping you any way I can!

Want to collab? Just let me know! I'd love to! :)

The "Gift" of Being Tall

24
Being tall is a gift
All the short people say
But they do not know
What it is like in the day to day

Towering over your friends
At an entire five foot nine
But all the un "blessed" ones
Think that would be just fine

True, I can reach high shelves 
And… other high things
I can't think of anything else
Any suggestions, if you please?

So if you wish you were tall
That every inch is a prize. 
You should probably think again
And be happy with your size.
Sorry some of the rhymes don't work XD. I would have gone into more detail in the poem, but I was having a lot of trouble with the rhyming so this is all I could come up with. I really am a 5'9" girl, so.. yeah. I am "blessed". I was inspired to write this when a friend (5'8") and I were talking about how every other girl our age who is short or normal height keep saying things like; "You guys are so lucky to be tall! I wish I were tall. It sucks to be short." So maybe someone needs to write a sequel to this poem about what it is like to be short, and then I can understand what is so bad about it. XD

• Tachi

I wrote something maybe a sequel?I dunno but I did it pretty fast cause I'm in class rn but hope you like it, its called The "Gift" of Being Short

• Tachi

I suppose I just want to be tall because everyone calls me short... I don't think it matters how tall you are.

• Jj101

I love this piece and the rhymes!! :) Another advantage is 99% of sports are made for tall people!
    Also, I am a girl (14year old) and 5’11” last time I checked(few months ago). So yeah, I can relate...

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: Yup all my plants have died but Kohi lived. He is a survivor lol

• mindfruit

Great piece! I'm short for my grade....hmmm, maybe I could write that sequel XD. But in all seriousness, thank you for sharing this. It's really eye-opening to see your perspective on height.

• pyrrhic

personally, i'm "average height" but all my friends are taller than me... i DO wish i were taller even if only to be good at the sport i play.... i play volleyball, and i'm too short to even think about playing front row lol

• The Elephant In The Room

Loved it!!
    I really related to this. As a girl who grew up being tall. You did a great job on decribing what its like

• BriRiley

Re: Ya she hasn’t written anything yet but she wanted to try WtW out. And I don’t think she wants her name on here, idk.

• acrosstheuniverse28

I love this, everything flows so nicely and the rhyming is wonderful!
    Re: Thanks for the comment! And hello fellow member! ;)

• Livsnjutare

This is really good! I'm 5"4 and I probably won't grow that much taller, but i'm okay with that. XD
    This piece is great I love the rhymes!

• Mespotz

I'm 5'9 too! But yes, I can relate to this poem! I love poems that give people a view of life from a different perspective, because it shows how complicated the art of living is.

haha, i'm short. maybe i should write a poem. 5'1" to be exact. on a good day maybe 5'1" and 1/2. but two of my friends are 5 foot and 5'2", so it's not too bad... but i've always wished to be taller for sports. if i didn't play volleyball, i probably wouldn't mind so much, but shortness is in my genes. my dream was to make it to 5'2" but it's not happening XD in an unrealistic world, i'd be 5'7 or so. and it's funny what Paisley Blue said about not finding pants that fit, because the same is true when you're short. i'm forever rolling up my jeans. but i can also get away with wearing shorter dresses, skirts, and shorts, so i guess it balances out. ok i def need to write a poem about this

• katnissromanoff

I seriously couldn't agree more!! I'm 5'8" and people either say to me "why are you so tall?" or "I wish I was tall" lol.
    It's nice to know others feel the same way haha :)

• BriRiley

And does 5’6” count as short? I don’t think I could make a good sequel for being short XD

• BriRiley

This is awesome! I’m not really short or tall, I’m in between XD but thanks for sharing! Everyone should be happy with their seize. :)

• Rose A(hiatus)

Being tall... it doesn't suck per se, but it is a struggle. I'm hoping I'll stop at 5'10" maybe 6 feet. I'm not very optimistic though. Nearly everyone in my family ranges from 6'2" to 6'9". I'm preparing myself for being asked to reach items every time I'm in a store. I'm already used to small clothes and shoes. XD

ugh this is so true!!! i'm nearly 5'10" and it's frustrating sometimes. same as sunnydew, i can never find pants that fit!! but also, i'm not the most confident person... and sometimes i just want to blend in with the crowd, but i can't when i'm towering over literally everyone. :/

• Jo Rejoicing [ChildOfGod]

YESSSSS I so relate!!! I'm 5' 8" and 14, so I'm taller than literally ALL my friends (except one). It's so weird to be taller than people older than you...I also wrote a piece about being tall. And yes, I completely agree with Sunnydew.

• psithurism

Hello fellow tall person! Being tall actually stinks sometimes lol. I can never find pants long enough for my legs, but skinny enough for my waist. *sigh* I grew so much over the summer I'm taller than friends I was shorter than pre-pandemic. It feels so weird seeing people because it seems like everyone shrunk. XD

• Just_A_Memory

I'm considered average, at 5'6", but I have family members that are really tall. My Aunt is 5'11" and the guys in the family are around 6'5". Being short does have it's advantages. Getting to the bottom cabinet, and using the lower locker, for instance. My older brother always complained that he was assigned the bottom locker when the person above him was really short. But it's also really annoying having to ask people to reach stuff for you, especially when you're in the store or something. It's also hard to see over everyone, and it's easier to get lost. (Look at me talking as if I'm one of them xD) Love this piece!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

I will write a sequel! I never thought about it like that. I'm sort of short, on the higher part of the short group, but I'm young for my grade because, well, I skipped a grade so for my age I'm very tall, but people in my grade refer to me as short. Anyways, this is.a great way to put it but if you add more I suggest going into more depth :)

• ANSON REYNOLDS

I'm 5'9 too!! I never notice I'm "tall" until somebody really short comes up and I'm literally bending over to make eye contact XD Great poem :)