River Rae

I love:
-Vaquitas (it's an animal)
-Wolves
-Reading
-Writing
-Singing
-Learning
-My dogs

+INFJ
+Libra
+She/Her

"I needed a home, so I picked up a pen and made one." - Me

I believe every story can make a difference to someone.
Even the most insignificant story could be the most impactful of it's time.
So look up from the computer screen and out at the world.
Then write what matters.

Growing Stronger

7
I looked upon the harder times, a life unbearable. 
Misery
The tears that fell after I tried to run
Heartache
The numbness that came after
Cold
I was dark to the world that embraced me with pain
Pain
What is pain anyway?
You're hurting
Why does the world get to tear us down?
Weak
I'm not weak. I'm just still growing strong.
Doubt
It was a thing of the past. I made it this far didn't I?
Demons
Who doesn't have demons to hide?
Secrets
Bearing down on me but I don't have to run.
You ran before
That was before, this is now. I'm stronger now.
Lies
I've lied to myself before but never again

We are stronger for every scar
Stronger for every heartache
Stronger for the pain that plagues us
Growing stronger with each day
You.
I may not know you.
But you are amazing.
And anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
So very wrong.

• løne wølf

yesyesyeyfeyyesyfesy i love this so much! i especially love the format! personally, i imagined the italics being our inner demons; the darkness we harbor in our minds, while the regular text is our conscious self, our positive self, our self-loving side. i love the ending as well, it's a perfect way to finish! <3

re: thank you so much for your kind words, ahhh! i will definitely consider your suggestion, thank you for reaching out! <3

• Starlitskies

Omigosh I love this! It's beautiful how you take apart each and every emotion/word! It makes so much sense and how you've worded it is stunning!
    And thank you for the footnotes! I really needed that today. And I'm confident that you're an amazing person too! <3
    Re: So about Wednesday Words. It's like this: Every week WtW (Write the World) picks a piece that they like, that they think deserve a stronger spotlight that just getting published, and features it in the website. It goes in the homepage and in the news section of the website, and if you're able to provide a recording, it goes up in their YouTube channel. That's pretty much it. Lmk if you have any other questions. I'm always happy to help. :)

• spectral

re: hi riley, thanks so much for the feedback! however, the lack of proper capitalization as well as grammar/apostrophes in general was actually a stylistic choice, as i had mentioned in the footnote. this was to emulate a 'texting style' of sorts that many people use, and that im using right now- thanks anyways!

• Blue Jay

I love the format and the message. We are stronger for each scar, and this poem does a great job of describing the journey to get there.