Ava Marie

Hi I'm Ava
15
She/Her

Aspiring Author
Dancer
Rock Climber

Always laughing
Beatlemaniac
Favourite book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Bad jokes are the best!
I draw occasionally
I love constructive criticism!

Joined: 11/14/2020

This is another one that I wrote for my writing class. We had to choose a pet peeve and write a story about it. If anyone has any new title suggestions that would be much appreciated. Also, I know it's not perfect so any feedback would be amazing!

The Squeaker

3
It was an early Monday morning, there was still half an hour before first bell. The hallways were quiet enough to hear the rain coming down in sheets outside. The droplets pounded against the window. I closed my eyes, wanting to go back to sleep, but that wasn’t an option. Instead, I picked up my book from where it lay and leaned into the hard, cold outside of my locker. Drawing my knees into my chest, I opened my book and started to read.  

Just as I was starting to become immersed in the pages the door opened. Even though I was sitting around the corner wearing a jacket, the gust of wind still sent shivers down my spine. I looked up from my book, distracted now, to observe the newcomer. I listened to the incompetent shuffle of shoes on the carpet right inside the door. 

Then they stepped off the mat. I clenched my teeth. The sound made my ears want to scream in agony. The squeaking was relentless, but it would only be here for a few more seconds, a minute at most. I shut my eyes in anguish and tried to block out the horrid noise. 

“It will be over soon,” I mutter under my breath. I keep repeating this as the person saunters down the hall.  
After what seems like an eternity, the sound fades and the shoes keep moving down the hall, tormenting other people’s ears. The relief was temporary though, because just as the squeaker disappeared, the door opened once again. 

• Ava Marie

Thank you so much!

• Coeur

re: Thank you! I love her too. :DD Also this is a great piece! It's really descriptive and relatable, that sound can be ...a lot. It's also written very well!

• Ava Marie

No problem, and it's literally one of the worst sounds ever!

• WrenBirdWrites

Re: aww Thanks so much! And omygarsh this is accurate! :3

• SamRose

This is so true! :) XD