GraceWritesTheWorld

My name is Grace.
14
INFJ-T
Brutally honest(I apologize in advance).
Heckin weird.
You don't like me? Then go away.
Not being rude. Just can't take negativity.
[ChildOfGod]
I'm just a girl who wants to share what she has written.

Everything that I write, I relate to. What I write is real life unless stated otherwise. Writing is my escape, so what I write won't always be happy. But I won't just sit there and be negative either. Good or bad I write when inspiration hits. Sometimes it just lightly taps me. Other times it hits me in the face with a chair. I love to write. I would love any feedback you can give me! I hope you enjoy reading what I've written. Because it brings me pure joy knowing that someone took the time to read it at all! :)

Sorry.

PROMPT: 25 Words

9
Why aren't you a better daughter!? You don't have half the heart of your brothers!

Translation: I wish you were a son.
I am sorry.
Haha So yeah, my parents wanted another boy. That didn't happen.
I often apologize for being their daughter. Weird right?

That's so sad! It's not your fault you're a girl, and it's not a FAULT at all! Girls and boys are equally amazing, one isn't better than the other. Just remember, God loves you and He designed you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! Don't let your parents make you forget that! <3

But you're so much better than another boy!! I like your brothers but it's your touches of femininity that I love the most. I'm with Sunnydew.

• GertyGerty

Wow, this really says a lot- and not just about your personal experience but also the experience of growing up female in most places. Often as girls, we are brought up to be "good" and complacent and not take up space. Whereas boys are commonly more voice-tress and aggressive, and are rewarded or excused for such.
    As a general rule, us girls need to stop apologising for being loud, for being quiet, smart, fat, skinny, introverted, extroverted, opinionated, short, tall, happy, unhappy, confident, insecure- literally any of the things that make us unique and human! Stop apologising for existence!!

• Blue Jay

Oh my. I will say, you are amazing, no matter the fact that you are a girl. Also, you did say a lot in that short piece.
    re: I don't get it either, poetry is also an escape for me too. How can people hate poetry? It's beyond me.

• psithurism #words [Sunnydew]

re: Oh honey, you're so welcome! I understand what you mean though, I often find myself apologizing for the smallest inconveniences.

• FastOceanLove

Re: Your welcome, but don't thank me, you're amazing! :) I can relate with one of my great aunts whom find it peculiar I play sports and don't care about fashion and drama

• Shay

I get how this feels. Not from my parents though. My grandma is so old fashioned and she loves to compare me to my brother. However, you should never apologize for being who you are. Sending all my love.

• psithurism #words [Sunnydew]

If they can't accept you for you they they're the ones who need to apologize darling. They shouldn't be mad about something you can't control. <3

• FastOceanLove

Aw sorry about that, but don't apologize cause you're amazing!

• bunnybeige

You should never apologize for that. You're their kid, and that's what should matter.