Sonder Fen and Mead (#words)

Malaysia

Likes asking odd questions
Has way too many ideas
Artist
Likes Fantasy especially Blades of Actar and Staff and the Sword series
Original name Jasminandnightsky
(mead is another word for hill)
[ChildOfGod]

Weird/new metaphors

3
Weird/new metaphors!

Snow; winter's treasure.
Pain; a bird with black feathers that flies away, leaving you buried in its feathers.
Forest; each tree is a judgemental (old and grumpy) sentinel.
A fluttering heart; a wolf pup that trips and stumbles over its paws.
Thoughts; ferrets/minks/ermines
Feelings/touch; little birds with feathers the color of what feeling you're trying to describe. (For example, A dark blue bird landed on a branch above him. “Oooocean,” it sang deeply, “Dark ooooocean.” or,  Warmth radiated from its little body. “Sun! Bright sun! Golden sun!” it sang, fluffing up its feathers.)
Moon; an unblinking eye.
Mist; an eager puppy nipping/bounding around at your ankles.
Sun; the world's biggest, brightest rose.
Buildings; Jenga blocks.
(action) Trying to stuff everything into the fridge; fridge Jenga.
Crescent moon; a wolf/animal yawning/opening its mouth. (or negative space. The wolf/animal is sticking its head in front of the moon.)
Stars; watch fires, guards, paw prints/footsteps, destination points on a 'road' map (and the moon/north star would be the 'You are here' dot).
Flowers; velvet thrones for bees.
Blades of grass; earthworms' swords that they think are doing damage to people's feet.
Microphones; loud lollipops.

It's dangerous to go alone. Here, take these metaphors to spice up your writing!

• February 15, 2021 - 2:17am (Now Viewing)

these were brilliant! and so true! "Pain; a bird with black feathers that flies away, leaving you buried in its feathers." that one hit hard, and i loved the other one about the color of birds' feathers being like a feeling.
    re: ah your username! sonder! i've never heard mead used that way (i always envision it as the old-fashioned sort of beer consumed in taverns in the Middle Ages amidst bards playing songs of legends) but i love that it has another meaning too.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

These are so inventive!!!! I adore them!!!! My favourites were: "A fluttering heart, buildings, the sun, the moon, the mist, flowers and, Trying to stuff everything into the fridge which made me laugh!!!! :3

• Sonder Fen and Mead (#words)

:O I have been caught! Yep! I am an animal lover :3

• Zirong

wow this is so creative! I especially like the metaphors for the moon, stars, blades of grass and microphones. I can tell from these metaphors that you are an animal lover, aren't you? :)