wallflower

15 ll she/her

"He's a wallflower. You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand" - Perks of being a wallflower

"I do drink a lot of coffee and eat a lot of sour patch kids, so I guess I'm kind of a badass" - M.G.G

Fake Love

8
Teens don't understand love. They believe they do but what they don't understand is love's never constant. You can hate someone but still love them. You can resent them, but still, feel empty when they're not around. Teens believe that love is having small arguments and figuring them out and continuing on with their relationship like nothing happened. The world doesn't work that way, although it would be a hell of a lot easier if it did. You'll fight, and it usually takes time and effort to figure things out. Teens like to take the easy way out of everything, so they go along with what they're given and believe it's love. They put their entire being into their relationships when most of them don't yet feel comfortable with themselves. They use this person to fall back on, but when they leave they come crashing down hard. They put this person above everyone else in their life and lose people due to their immaturity. Teens would do anything for the person they "love", and when they do this they just end up destroying themselves in the flames of this "love." Teens understand feelings of passion and caring, but not yet love. Teens don't yet know who they are, honestly neither do adults. We are all still trying to figure out our place on this big rotating rock we call our home. 
This is from the adult's perspective. I know it's not great, but it's something :) 

I love this and it is great!! This line hits especially hard, "You can resent them, but still, feel empty when they're not around." The whole piece is so true and the ending gives the whole thing a wonderful sense of finality! RE: Awww thank you so much for that comment- it means so much :))

• aaliyahh

re: thank you so much! also, this is a wonderful perspective :)

• McK13

Also, this piece is so creative and definitely true! You totally showed the perspective of how an adult views teen love -- fantastic job!

• McK13

re: thank you so much! I'm so glad that you could relate to it :)

• aalawrites

Don't doubt yourself! This was great!
    Re: Seven to Seventeen
    Thanks for your kind comments! <3

You got each part of this right. This is exactly how adults feel well at least the ones I know

• RulerofMYworld

Love it!

• nopenopenope

Ooh, very interesting. Nice job.