beth r.

... just your average, teenage writer

hope you all are doing great!!

peppa pig- a cinematic legend or disaster?

16
    Growing up in the early 2000's, I guess you could say I had quite the cultured television experience. Wednesdays at 3, you could find me watching Arthur; shortly followed by Word Girl or Martha Speaks. All super educational, super weird, super nostalgia-y. I mean, there's nothing like aardvarks, taking dogs, and a monkey superhero. Seriously, I learned more math skills from Cyber Chase than from my freshman Algebra 2 course. 
    Where am I going with this? wElL, as a 2000's kid, I have STANDARDS for toddler television. And Peppa Pig- *sharp inhale*. PEPPA PIG. I just-
    I have mixed feelings about the protagonist. I mean, I do love how sassy she was, slamming down the phone after Suzy Sheep (uGh I hate her though) bragged about her whistling capabilities. There's also Miss Rabbit. I heard she needs back surgery; her back broke from CARRYING THE WEIGHT OF THE SHOW. Seriously, the woman runs everything in that town; according to Google, Miss Rabbit has 47 jobs. Mad respect. And that time Mummy Pig jumped out of the helicopter? Mission Impossible who? That's an epic gamer moment if I've ever seen one. Oh, and Bing Bong Bing by Madame Gazelle is such a bop. Don't forget Grandpa Pig- filled with wisdom for all the 3-year-old viewers about, er... fishing and stuff.
    Alas, Peppa has her faults. Like the time she downright shamed Daddy Pig for taking 5 portions of spaghetti. GURL STOP. I mean, who doesn't take more than 3 portions of spaghetti. IT'S SPAGHETTI *munches aggressively*. And then she has the aUdAcItY to make fun of Daddy Pig?
I- *takes a breathe*
    I mean, parents should choose what they want to expose their kids to. Either Spaghetti shaming Peppa Pig. Or educational PBS kids, and they'll end up an intuectual like your's truly *cut to clip of me eating in class and confusing the pencil with the baby carrot. Led doesn't taste like chicken.*

DID I JUST PHYCOANYLYZE A CHILDREN'S SHOW INSTEAD OF STUDYING FOR GRAMMAR?
mayhaps
pls tell me someone here knows these pbs shows

• barelybear

Hey we had both Arthur and peppa :)) what fun.
    Gotta say, I think we missed out for real on the talking dog. Numberjacks was my absolute favourite, closely followed by kerwhizz and swashbucklers. But I’m pretty sure Arthur was itv, peppa was milkshake, and the others were bbc so maybe not shown in The US. But we had horrid Henry, which was itv and also pretty legendary.
    But what is this strange pbs you speak of lmao

• Shay

Not to mention Peppa is 7 ft 1! Home girl's a giant

pffff this made me snort

i really didn't watch much as a kid, but i definitely did see Arthur, and Wild Kratts.... wait, did you ever see Super Why? That's one I watched all the time!! anyways love the piece :))

• Halopoet

How could peppa spaghetti shame someone. And that someone being her DAD. Godd how did you go through that??

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

And also, Wild Kratts was AMAZING! XD

• (sk)eyesofocher

Hey Beth--It's lin! I know I haven't been active, but I needed an unexpected break--one that I will return from on the third. Happy Valentines,
    ~lin

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

YESS! Okay, so Peppa Pig-just no, she gives me nightmares, but at the same time me and my friends put it on just to imitate them and throw fries at Peppa XD

• Asteraceae

Re: OMG YES i watched Zobumafoo in the earlier years but it got cut off my channels later on :(

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

This is hilarious!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

YESSS MARTHA SPEAKS, AND ARTHER WERE MY SHOWSSS!! XD (and I watched Word Girl some, but I LOVED Odd Squad too.... correction, still love, XD)

XD XD
    oh my gosh yessss

• xx carolina xx

YO DO Y'ALL REMEMBER WORD GIRL

• poetri

WORD GIRL YES next to her ho everything looks like trash let’s be real here

• xx carolina xx

also i think peppa's on nick jr. not pbs

• xx carolina xx

I remember this one time me and my friend were watching it unironically (we were gonna edit it lol) - apparently peppa pig and her fam were in a plane, it did a loop-de-loop and daddy pig fell out. the only thing everyone said when he fell was 'oh"

when i tell you i wheezed so hard i woke up my cat, i mean it

• ~rain~

Lol this is just- ok so Isaac (my 3-year-old brother) watches Peppa Pig and lemme just tell you... as much as that show is cringey, it's my all-time favorite kids show. This is a new favorite, thank you for the laugh!!!!

• Asteraceae

Let's not forget Olivia. She STRUTTED that runway so Peppa. Could. Run.
    Also, as a fellow member of the early 2000's kids committee, I'd like to say that PBS raised me as their own when my parents didn't. Wildkratts and Cyberchase were my parents, though I despised Barney.

Re: It also does say that on my bio :P
    and yes pbs shows are #memories

Re: Yes ma'am I am :D