Ava Marie

Hi I'm Ava
15
She/Her

Aspiring Author
Dancer
Rock Climber

Always laughing
Beatlemaniac
Favourite book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Bad jokes are the best!
I draw occasionally
I love constructive criticism!

Joined: 11/14/2020

I wrote this for my writing class, as a show paragraph. Thought I'd share it with you guys to see what you thought. Please review!

A Child's Secret Hiding Place

4
The dark space was her sanctuary, her very own cave of wonders. It was here that she came up with her best ideas, it was here that she could escape. The walls, close enough to touch on both sides if she reached out her arms, gave a sense of security. In front of her hung the navy-blue blanket she’d draped over the rack in the spare room closet. The only source of light was from the flashlight she’d hung from the ceiling. In here she was isolated from her family, it was probably the only place where the bickering of her younger siblings couldn’t be heard. Blanketed from the outside world, her thoughts came alive. They danced around the room in the dim light. And she would watch them, from the comfort of the soft, grey pillow she’d stollen from her bed. Suddenly, she could smell her mom cooking downstairs, citrus and pepper drifting up through the vents. They were having salmon that night, her favourite. The food smelt so good; she could almost taste it. Although she wasn’t hungry, she couldn’t wait for dinner.  

1

• WrenBirdWrites

Re: Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it! And, this is so good! It reminds me of when I was younger and I would hide in my own secret hideout Lol. You paint a very vivid picture here. I can almost touch the walls and smell the salmon. Love it <33