Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

CHECK OUT ALSO my bestie&travel buddy&amazing poet Parisienne!!! And feel free to join our John Green Appreciation Society if you are also a fan of his amazing books!(and perhaps his Crash Course Series XD)

Dreamers can never be tamed :)

Currently reading: *Ariel* by Sylvia Plath - "Love set you going like a fat gold watch"

If you need a peer review just drop a comment under any of my pieces :)

Happy reading&writing~

Full Moon

19

An imperfect pronoun 
for perfection
in an ending 
that has never been happy

Under the full moon, you are a phantom confiding to me all your sins
Sweating insanity      bleeding fervour 
The fullest moon is the most heart-wrenching teardrop

At this incomplete moment
the moon is like your dull eyes
Pedestrians by the streetlamp are walking backwards in memories
In the dark I hear your murmur
like a feather below your breath
this is the translation of another poem in my book :)

if you are interested in the translations I previously published, they are here and here and here and here and here :D

I love this, you go straight to the descriptive and create more of an atmosphere than a sequential story (if that makes sense lol) "Under the full moon, you are a phantom confiding to me all your sins" was wow, such imagery and "the moon is like your dull eyes" was great juxtaposition which really added so much depth!! "walking backwards in memories" what an interesting phrase!! By translations, do you mean you've written a book of poems in another language and these are your translations of those poems to English?
    Ooh also, I remember how much you liked analyzing the ballad I wrote (to like search for hidden meanings in the names). I think you might like my piece for the symbol prompt, it's called The Teapot if you want to check it out :)

• Starlitskies

Re: Hey Zirong, yes I received your email. I've got a busy day today, so I didn't open it, cos I know if I do, I'm gonna want to stop everything I'm doing and type out a reply, haha. I have some free time tomorrow morning, so look out for an email from me. ^u^ Love you as always! <3
    P.S. - Hope your exam went well! But knowing you, I'm sure you must've aced it. :)

• Starlitskies

Re: Yes sure! Good luck on your test! I'm sure you'll do great! <3

• Starlitskies

Re: Thank you so much for you sweet comments! Yessss, if our fates allow, I'd love to visit the beach with you too! ^u^ I just realized that I've said 'West coast' in the previous reply when I meant East coast, haha. *facepalms* And it does make more sense to exchange emails. :)

• In Which Yaya Writes

“An imperfect pronoun
    for perfection”
    Wow, that just really caught my eye! I also like this line, “ In the dark I hear your murmur
    like a feather below your breath.” This is amazing! Great job!
    Wow, that’s a lot of translations XD.
    Replying: Thank you so much! The word choice was what I was trying hardest at. Yeah, I find myself acting stuff out a lot XD. I like acting (though I’ve never done it in front of people) and actually came up with this idea because I just started acting out whatever I was thinking XD. Apparently my subconscious chooses prisoners and revolutions to act out XD.
    Yes, your song was beautiful! I’ve been asking some people, but do you have a specific method for song writing? I’m trying to get lots of opinions because I have never written a song before (minus my toddler years). I’m trying to try new things, though!
    Zirong is such a cool name! I’ve never heard it before. ‘Course I’m not from Singapore. But it’s still beautiful!

• Starlitskies

Re: Thank you Zirong! I love how you described studying abroad: “the rain before the rainbow of independence and mental strength” - so beautiful! Thank you so much again for taking time to type out that reply; it helped me sort out my thoughts a lot! :) Can I ask, why did you pick Singapore for your studies? Did you have any relatives there?
    My parents want to send me to Australia if I’m studying abroad because we have a couple of friends and family there, but I have my heart set on USA. So that’s going to be a hurdle.
    And so thrilled to find out that you’re thinking about college in USA too! I’d be applying to universities along the West Coast mostly! I’d love to get into an Ivy League university or John Hopkins but I wouldn’t mind anything else either! What are your preferences? And oh my gosh yes, maybe we’ll be able to meet!! *jazz hands* :D
    Awww thank you! I’ll always be there for you too! Hope you’re doing well and staying safe! Sending lots and lots and lots of love! <3<3<3

• ~Aurora~

Re: ty <3

• ~Aurora~

Oh this is so interesting i love it. "Under the full moon, you are a phantom confiding to me all your sins
    Sweating insanity bleeding fervour" omg this is so incredible.
    Re: ty <3

• BriRiley

Wow cold poem! I really like the second paragraph!

• Starlitskies

Re: Hey Zirong! So happy to hear from you! And thank you so much for your sweet comment about my poem! I love those cities too; can’t wait to visit them one day.

Don’t even apologize. It’s nothing compared to my week long reply time haha! (I’m definitely working to change that!) That’s terrible news about the situation there. Lockdown is the worst. Please make sure to stay safe sis! <3

And omigosh thank you so much! That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. *tears in my eyes* Love you so so much! <3 And let me be 100% honest with you too: you are a such a beautiful person! You’re so considerate, caring and of course, exceptionally talented, not just with your writing but with your beautiful voice too! It’s so sweet how you check in on me when I’m not online. :) I’m so happy that you’re my twin sis! Sending hugs your way! <3<3<3

In the hopes of getting to know you more, would you like to tell me a bit about your experience studying abroad? I bet you have a lot of freedom and the chance to be independent. Being independent is a huge goal for me. Again, an INTJ thing! XD I long to go to university in the US one day, but I worry that I’d be scared and lonely, living so far away from home. How about you? Do you plan on going to university too in Singapore? Hope you’re doing well, sis! Lots and lots of love! <3<3<3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This is gorgeous !!! These lines are probably my favourites but I love all of them:
    “Pedestrians by the streetlamp are walking backwards in memories
    In the dark I hear your murmur
    like a feather below your breath“
    This is a fantastic piece!!!! I love the imagery!

• Starlitskies

Hey Zirong, I just read the message board on "Love Is Just A Game" and thought it best to reply to it here. I didn't want to clog up your competition piece.
    But omg it never hit me that you'd be leaving so soon. You deserve each and every one of your 103 followers and more! (now it's 104! Yay!) I'm so proud to be one of them! (And talk about hitting your goals, that's truly an INTJ high! XD)
    But it's so sad that you're leaving. :( I hope we can keep in touch even after you do. Would you be open to exchanging emails when you leave? (As long as you're comfortable with it) I would hate to lose you as a friend. Love you to the moon and back, twin sis! Hope you're doing well! <3<3<3

• løne wølf

wow! i love this so much, especially the lines "in the dark i hear you murmur / like a feather below your breath". this is lovely! <3

re: ohhh, what platforms have you been doing song covers on? i beg your pardon for being so persistent, but i genuinely can't get enough of your voice alskdfjadlkdsf. and tennis! hopefully the snow here in new jersey will melt soon so that i'll be able to go to the courts again. i would very much like to your friend, and i'm glad that our personality types seem to be compatible :D the memes agree, after all! <3

• Starlitskies

Re: Hey! So sorry I didn't reply to your comment! It's been days hasn't it? But hopefully that's gonna change cos I just found out that the exams I was supposed to have at the end of February have been cancelled!!! Yay! But the sad part's that they got cancelled because of the climbing Covid cases over here. There's a new strain that's been spreading within the community. :( But at least, my exams won't be there. I do miss going to school though. Hope you're staying safe.
    And that is so so sweet of you to put me in your file! <3<3<3 And yes, it seems we're twins all the way through!
    I read all your other translations and Zirong, they are so so so beautiful! You are extremely talented! And such a great person too! I can't wait to get to know you more! Hope you'll be around so we can have more conversations. But then again, I'm the one who's not around, aren't I? Haha, I'll try my best to stick around. Love you so much! <3<3<3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thank you! Yes, she's a bit like me :)

• Parisienne

Love you too Zirong, hope school goes well and thank youuuu <3<3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Beautiful!

• Love, Rose

this is stunning oh my gosh - well done

• Parisienne

Re: So hope your friend gets it done before the ddl, but even if not I am so looking forward to hearing your beautiful lyrics in song! Trumpet is a gorgeous instrument and really versatile; I get to play Jazz, classical pieces, blues and even pop. I love the flute, funnily enough my sister plays it and we have done some nice duets together in the past. Haha yes we must do a lil duet sometime!
    I miss my little naïve self too, sometimes I think the older we get the less we properly understand. As a child all we do is have fun yet as adults we just slave away all day! I think kids have got it right!! I’m so sorry about the crazy high school situation, we had to watch a programme in sociology once about high schools in China (don’t know if it’s similar in Singapore or not) where children would literally study for sixteen hours straight!! I really hope your school is not THAT crazy, it must be so much pressure from parents and teachers alike. Anyway, you take care of yourself and I’m here if you need to vent or have emotional support <3 <3
    :D I’m just picturing you smashing your keyboard keys at the prospect of fish and chips and roast haha (even though I have no idea what you look like it’s a funny image :)). I wish you could be here instantly too (although maybe not right now, wouldn’t wish a lockdown on anyone). OOOOH YOU VISITED EUROPE!! That sounds so fun! Yes Paris really is the dream isn’t it (THE ART GALLERIES!!!!!!) ooh and you went to Germany and Belgium. I have never visited either of those countries, but I have been to Denmark – did you visit Copenhagen too?? Where did you go in Germany and Belgium? What was it like?? I hope you can visit the UK too, and that I can go to Singapore! <3
    Yes I hope I can return to my college soon, I love it there. I hated school too until I moved to a Sixth Form college at sixteen. Then EVERYTHING changed, my whole life was transformed. Unfortunately, the pandemic has really impacted on this, but I should be back for my last term :D.
    I agree that celebrating with friends and family is great on Valentines. Last year I went out for lunch with one of my closest friends and had the best time. Whenever I’ve had a boyfriend it’s never been over valentines…maybe, as you say, we will both get dates at uni XD XD!!
    I’ll look at the app, thank you for giving me your username! Wait…so you have two names? An English and a Chinese one?? That’s really cool! Zirong (I’m guessing that’s your real name…SO sorry if I’m wrong) is a beautiful name as well as Lovera! They both sound like dreamy character names out of a book (but I guess that fits!)
    Aha great I’ll put you in my bio then. Hmmm I’m happy with any of those suggestions ‘besties’ ‘travel buddies’ ‘art lovers’ ‘caramel latte addicts’ ‘John Green appreciation society’. We have such a lot in common it could take up the whole space haha :D
    Yes I can cook reasonably well (my mum is an incredible cook and she taught me everything I know). Baking’s just for fun haha but I find it therapeutic. It is like writing and art I guess, there is something so grounding and calming in creativity. Plus, it tastes gooood!! I am sure you are talented at cooking – you’re just too modest to admit it!!
    Aww thank you, I’m glad you like my name :D. Have a great night/day Zirong, <3 <3

• Parisienne

OMGGGG THIS IS STUNNING YOU ARE SO TALENTED WOWWWWWWW!!! Btw I'm just replying to your longer message but this was so good I just had to comment straightaway haha *star eyes* :)

• Yellow Sweater

Re: thank you:) And that is so cool. Which dialect? I am really jealous of people who are bilingual. lol.

• Blue Jay

Absolutely beautiful! Translating stuff is hard, and I mean, it is amazing.

• Starlitskies

Also, how did I miss so many of your translations!!!! I'm definitely gonna read these in the evening. Cant' wait! XD
    And you officially changed you profile pic to the CA one! So proud of you! *happy tears* <3

• Starlitskies

Zirong, this is so so beautiful!!!! My twin sister is so talented! I wish I could like this a thousand times! <3
    "The fullest moon is the most heart-wrenching teardrop " - I- You- I really don't know how to word how much I love this. It's so profound. I CAN NOT get enough of the poetry in this metaphor.
    "Pedestrians by the streetlamp are walking backwards in memories" - This is so intense and beautiful! Personally, I think unusual-ness (I had to check if that's a word, and it is haha) plays such a huge part in enhancing poetry, but only recently I realised, it's not actually about being unusual; it's about telling things as they are, in the most honest way possible. And this line only goes to prove the living heck out of it!
    I have a notebook just to write down my favourite lines/quotes from other writers. Sort of like a shrine of inspirations haha. And these two are definitely going in there. :)
    Re: Thank you so much! Your comments and feedback on my pieces mean so much to me!
    And I miss you so much too! I cleared out this morning just to catch up on comments and stuff on WtW. I'll be around for an hour or so from now; hopefully, you'll be online. Love you so much and hope you're doing well! <3<3<3

• Mespotz

Coolest poem ever.

• Yellow Sweater

First off, brilliant poem! Secondly it's so cool you are doing translations. I can't imagine how difficult that must be! what language were these originally in?

wow this is so pretty and meaningful