Coeur

girl who likes flowering trees and cats.
biopic drawn for me by my dear friend "bogsoup"

I kinda like this but I think I need to work on it more and flesh it out more. I'm not sure where I'm going with it really

Mysteries

Places are meant to be named as people like are meant to be held. Houses are meant to be lived in like how flowers are meant to be admired. There are some things, which though never being officially recognized, I feel in my being. Maybe this has something to do with devouring L.M Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables though. Maybe it doesn't, who knows?
     Regardless, my family and I have named several "beauty spots" (as Ms.Montomgery might put it) around our house. I tried to write about several of them, but just couldn't. I've heard several things about how people used to believe names have power, and that some sort of black magic could use your name to cast curses on you. I don't disagree that names have power. 
    Is there anything like the feeling when someone you like says your name for the first time? The way their voice trumpets it, the way their mouths shape it? Is there anything like the feeling when your friend texts you your nickname, when your parents use their pet name when your name is used as a pun or a compliment...? Is there?  
     I take great joy in recounting inspirations for the names of my beauty spots. When I walk with my friends in the woods near my house I like the point out specific places, list the names, and then tell the stories behind them. Oftentimes those walks with friends birth more names and more stories. But I can't bring myself to write the names here. 
     It feels as if I'm betraying some scarcity to the green-waving fields and whispering groves of trees. A betrayal to the gently gurgling brooks and creeks, and a desecration to the white flowers which dot the land like friends among strangers. It feels like trying to understand another person's mind. As much as I wish to, I also don't want to at all. And even if I succeeded in desiring it, I have no knowledge to pursue it.  

• February 15, 2021 - 1:08am (Now Viewing)

• Figwit

This is lovely! I completely appreciated the feelings you've so brilliantly portrayed in your writing. It's honest, relatable, and full of personality :)
    Re: Thanks so much! I tend to do poetry in a more structured format, but I didn't have any specific ideas, so it was kind of a compromise...

• jubileesong42

re: thank you for reading! I will review your writing soon. :)

• Parisienne

re: Thanks so much!!

• Parisienne

Stunning writing especially ' Is there anything like the feeling when someone you like says your name for the first time? The way their voice trumpets it, the way their mouths shape it? Is there anything like the feeling when your friend texts you your nickname, when your parents use their pet name when your name is used as a pun or a compliment..' You are so talented :)

• Ava Marie

I really like this. Also, L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables is literally one of my favourite books of all time!