happy butterfly

South Africa

15
poet
pisces
swimmer
swiftie
wtw sister to anne blackwood

i hope you're happy

white chrysanthemums

26

i. you're everything i don't need but don't leave me for the life of me,
tell me my truth and i'll tell you yours,
tell me that there are better things in a worse world.

ii. i've been banned from last month,
decorate the kitchen with white chrysanthemums and hum my way to heaven,
i've said that i'm letting you go but it's
new year and i only ever stay up 'til eleven.
maybe i should leave home and visit my dream of chicago
but even then i know i'll be thinking about our insubstantial land
and the way you didn't hold my hand,
don't get me wrong
i can, i can, forget you
just give me a minute.

iii. and we don't talk about how we aren't close anymore,
probably because we don't want to bring up that we're a ghost
and i'm unsure, about everything except that every memory feels precious and empty.

iv. they say that you should leave it at that,
and i say that its the last time.
they say i'm livin' in a dream
no, i'm making a dream of reality
but it didn't work this time
i don't know what to think or feel but i know how i think and feel but i also don't know,you know?

Wow- I love your diction again! "i can, i can, forget you/just give me a minute." was so powerful! And the "we're a ghost" part was beautiful! the footnotes- is this based on true life? because if so, awww, same- sometimes it can be really confusing to know if you should be feeling what you feel and stuff (that's what I take from it, sorry if I'm wrong) RE: No prob, and haha it really is! Aww thank you! And oooh sounds amazing! I LOOOVE Jane Austen- although I am pretty terrible in that I've only read one of her books- Pride and Prejudice. But it was my ultimate favourite!! SO sweet! I guess I know what Jane Austen book to read next! And ooh, it's stuck between Pride and Prejudice and Life of Pi by Yann Martel right now

• Ellington Stone

I love it so much!!

Re: Eeeee back ^u^ <3

Omigosh imma have to label my replies because you spammed me you lovely being.
    Re to "And I Grew": Thank you! So are you. <3
    Re to "for emily (part 2) unnoticed": Aw yay I like that part too; I'm glad you did. ^u^
    Re to "A Letter to the Heartless": Wow I'm really glad you were able to have some catharsis through that piece. Obviously it's not awesome that you have had similar struggles, but it's good that that piece was comforting.
    Re to "tug of war": Thank you!! How did you manage to read into that and know exactly what I was thinking?? XD <3

• Wisp

Sounds like a story doomed for heartbreak. Like, I'm not totally sure how to phrase the emotions you evoked? It feels comfortable and like a hand to hold, yet it still feels unknown and a mystery to me all at once. I'm not quite sure, perhaps it's heartache for something you've never known?
    Anyways, this is just beautiful. I love every part of it, like each stanza and word is dripping in resignment and pain. And that kind of emotion you captured is so bold, it's so eye-catching and awe-inspiring. All of this is simply brilliant and I love how it melts against the tongue with every word. On a logical level, I'm not quite sure I understand it in all its entirety, but at the same time, on an emotional level, it just makes sense and it's those kind of pieces that you don't have to fully grasp to simply understand and feel.
    Replying: Ahh you are just so sweet!! Oh my goodness, you have me smiling like a maniac over here from your kind words. I'm not quite sure what to say because gosh that was a highlight of my day :')
    Don't say that! Your piece was just as beautiful, the emotion evoked from it was just so lovely and honestly it was just so sweet, I couldn't help but smile at it. Don't underestimate your writing, because it's beautiful and heartfelt and all kinds of wondrous.

• V-Rose

Here's Chapter 19 of Never Really Real!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Woah.......... I’m not sure I’ve really got the right words..... wow. I think the people before me have described it well... it’s otherworldly yet familiar, and the descriptions are amazing. The part about memories brings vivid imagery into my mind, and wow. Great job!

• mindfruit (semi-active)

re: heh aww you're so kind :) glad you enjoyed my pieces. yeah, my profile pic is somewhat significant. It's a glyph from a group in the Stormlight Archives, which is my favorite book series. and don't worry, not a lot of other people have read the Stormlight Archives so you're not ignorant or anything. how's school going for you? I know you've been busy lately....

ack how have i not seen this gorgeous piece of writing. footnotes are a total mood, and this. "i've been banned from last month,
    decorate the kitchen with white chrysanthemums and hum my way to heaven," that is just legendary. Hope you're doing well :D

• nolongeractive

This is so good; it really made me smile...also, if you have time, I would love it if you would check out my new song 'the farm' - had to reupload it because people were commenting negative things even though it was about my grandmother who passed away, you will understand when you read it.

Re: Oh my gosh ilysm don't be nervous you're so adorable

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Re: You are fine hun! Yes I've been back for a bit. I can't wait to read some of your amazing work. My school schedule is crazy too but we got this

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

Replying: *hugs* It's been WAY too long and I'm doing awesome, thanks! <3

Re: Ooh la la indeed! (np)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

As a tribute to wonderful followers like you I have started the series about my life. Please check it out, enjoy and give suggestions.

Re: Thank you!! Yesss I've watched The Greatest Showman multiple times (the entire director's commentary too) and I'm obsessed with it. Yeah you know it definitely made me think of him. And yeah! Our friends have partial ownership of a beach house at Fort Bragg (a little cloudy and windy but gorgeous) and they let us stay there for the weekend. So awesome. And last night I went outside into the heavy winds and sang Tightrope. It made me feel so alive. Then we watched the movie.

• Busssy.Beee

Wow! The last stanza feels so bosom, and generally speaking, splendid! I hope you see how well you've written this. Each word, each stanza, feels so raw, so fervent, gorgeous. And wishing happiness can fill your days as well, Vi. <3

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Re: of course! that's good to hear, and don't feel pressured to respond if you're too busy. yeah, I'm doing pretty well too, thanks! lol my sleep schedule is messed up, but other than that everything's great! Bye for now!

• Kasilee

I know

• mindfruit (semi-active)

oooh, interesting piece! love the rhyming. I agree with what em wilder said about this poem being familiar yet otherworldly - it's like you're breathing new poetic life into things that have been felt and witnessed before, allowing the audience to see these events and feel these emotions through new eyes. I think my favorite part would have to be "i've been banned from last month,/decorate the kitchen with white chrysanthemums and hum my way to heaven,/i've said that I'm letting you go but it's/new year and i only ever stay up 'til eleven." just something about those words make it so memorable. any-who just wanted to check in and say hi because I haven't seen you in a while :) Hope you're doing well!
    Re (from 11 days ago ~facepalm~): thanks!

• V-Rose

Chapter 25 of Death's Tales! Christmas Eve!

• happygiggles

‘and I only ever stay up till eleven’ that is just the sweetest line!

Re- <3

Hi, Happy Butterfly! How have you been?
    I'm back from my hiatus and I'd love to review three or more of your pieces. Will you let me know? Thanks so much! <3

"and i'm unsure, about everything except that every memory feels precious and empty."
    "no, i'm making a dream of reality
    but it didn't work this time"
    "i've been banned from last month,
    decorate the kitchen with white chrysanthemums and hum my way to heaven,"
    this poem felt so familar and otherowrldy at the same time. i've felt almost all these things before but the way you put them into words feels new and fresh. this is so beautiful and i love it. i dont think it has to make sense-- i think it has to make you feel something. which it does beyond belief. i'm going to read this like 5 more times... its so complex and simple and the talent here is immense. i hope you are happy too.
    <3<3<3

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so much!

• V-Rose

Hi. Chapter 18 of Never Really Real is here!

• Love, Rose

this is stunning and i feel it so much cant lie

Re: omigosh ur so precious

Re: You're welcome!
    Yup you know it. I made him show me the water bottle too.

• spectral

re: tysm haha i did unpublish some things but hopefully im more active soon so i can get that number up. also mmm footnotes mood

"i've been banned from last month, / decorate the kitchen with white chrysanthemums and hum my way to heaven, / i've said that i'm letting you go" woah this is beautiful!! I love your writing...... wow :)
    "they say i'm livin' in a dream / no, i'm making a dream of reality / but it didn't work this time" what a way to end a poem!!! this felt like a punch in the gut. wow <33

this is stunning :))

• Zirong

re: thank uuu~ :D

• Zirong

this flows perfectly. the footnotes are lovely too. i really don't know what else to say *clap* :D

Also thought you might like to know I just forced MB to drink some water and told him he better have some vegetables today

"i've said that i'm letting you go but it's
    new year and i only ever stay up 'til eleven."
    What a lovely line

I feel this so muuuch