psithurism

she/her | christian
violist | nemophilist
est. 10/21/2020

on an unintentional semi-hiatus

Happy Valentine's Day! <3

Yellow Rose Petals

5

I miss you all
I miss our crazy days
I have never known eros
    But God, I have known philia
        And that's what today means to me
            I'd gladly trade kisses and red roses for
        Talking until two am at a sleepover
    I miss falling asleep with you
In a big pile on the floor
I miss our crazy days
I miss you all

• Starlitskies

Re: Oh I didn't realize that was the decision behind the title haha! *facepalms* But that makes it so much more beautiful and interesting! <3

• Starlitskies

oh and I also love the title. To me, yellow rose petals seem way more interesting than red rose petals. <3

• Starlitskies

Ah this is so beautiful! I love how it's structured and the beginning lines and their inverse at the end adds so much more to the poem. Stunning!

ahhhh i love you so much kiwi!!! i miss you more than you could ever know :) it feels like a different world, going to bed at 2 am after crying and laughing and making absurd madlibs - i still have a couple of them!!! remember when audrey was kissing lily's leg - was it lily? i can hardly remember - and uncle gunter (or however it's spelled lamp).... we had so much fun. i can't wait until we can do it all over again - someday. gosh, it's been nearly an entire year since we've had a sleepover!! the last one i had was the first day of spring break last year, with abby, reagan, and lily - i think that was it. it's been forever and yet it also seems like yesterday.

Happy Valentines day, my dear friend :)) all my love!!!!!

ahhh so bittersweet and reminds me of sleep overs long ago... happy valentine's to you too!
    <3<3<3