~wildflower~

15
Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, tall
•stranded amongst the stars any trying to work out the meaning of it all•
Joined April 2020

On a perpetual semi-hiatus

About the recording: I'm sorry about the background noise and the bad quality. I never sing in front of people and I have a cold and sore throat at the moment, so I hope you can excuse the not-at-all-perfect singing and still appreciate the tune to some extent. I also recorded the piano and singing separately so I know the rhythms don't always match up perfectly.
Ok, I'll stop rambling and mute my anxiety now.
Thanks for checking out my song!

No more (150 followers thank you in footnotes)

Recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UUq-SO1P_WZOclVUTQk34Wlhs99bwI1d/view?usp=drivesdk

Verse:
Together, we feed loneliness to the hurt
and we soar with the wings of empty smiles
on the quiet winds of happy forevers 
that sing the sweet song of denial

Chorus:
You taught me to rise
but not how to fall
I can’t flee gravity
but I can’t let go

And I learnt to fight
accept fault – oh no
so I pierced the night
held within my bones

Verse:
Why must I think I deserve the blame 
for succumbing to the pull of my feelings 
for I can’t always contest the currents anyway
and eventually they’ll lead back to shore.

Chorus:
You taught me to rise
but not how to fall
I can’t flee gravity
but I can’t let go

I’m tired of trying 
to stop seasons’ change
so why won’t you teach 
me to dance in the rain

(Instrumental part)

Bridge:
Cause’ dawn follows the darkness
but the days don’t last forever, we can’t 
stop the sky’s eternal arc
so show me how to see the stars

There’s beauty in the changing sky
oh why can’t we see? That the
darkness, the hurt and the tears
oh, they are not the enemy?

Chorus:
You taught me to rise
but not how to fall
I can’t flee gravity
but I can’t let go

And I learnt to fight
accept fault – oh no
so I pierced the night
held within my bones

Outro:
No more.
I just wanted to say thank you for 150+ followers!!! I never thought I would come this far when I first joined WtW, but this community has been the most wonderful place. Thank you to the countless people who have shown me so much love and support on WtW, and to everyone who has helped me grow. I'm so grateful to be able to share my writing here and so very thankful to everyone who chooses to listen to my voice.
I'm excited to continue my WtW journey!

WOOHOO! Happy 150- now 168- 169 as soon as I post this XD. Wow that was a lot of numbers.
    I love the message in this, "You taught me to rise/but not how to fall" was I think my favorite line because it reads true for a lot of people and it's just very eloquently worded. The outro is so short but really packs a punch cause it just shows your frustration and how you've (or the character) overcome all this! The first verse is very poetic as well (love how I'm giving feedback out of order) and again figurative language (awesome). I know I say this for a lot of songs but I honestly think this is one that I can really hear the melody as I say it out loud (and I have no musical talent so that is saying something!)

• BizzleWrites

Re: Thankyou! I started writing "mini-poetry" just because I wrote this one a while ago about philosophers or something that was going to be a long poem and then I decided not to finish.

• BriRiley

Re: me too. It’s the worst not getting any rest. :( This is a great song btw!

• journal.scribbles

Wow this song is so beautiful. The piano and the melody in the recording are incredible. Definitely one of my favorite songs I've seen on here for the comp.
    a four-day-late reply (i'm so sorry!): Aw thank you so much! That really means a lot to me. I need to visit your profile more often as well! :)

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

Replying: Congrats on the followers! But lol, it's my I'm-coming-back-to-WtW gift! I'm not really a comp girl, I'm bad at that stuff lol XD

Hi, how are you?
    I'm back and I'd love to review three or more of your pieces! Will you let me know which ones you'd like reviewed? Thanks! <3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: Thanks. :3 .

• doodleninja

these are such powerful lyrics! also i loved the tune and beautiful piano playing :D
    and congrats on 150!! <3

Congrats!!! Beautiful song here, just like the rest of your pieces :)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

The tune is awesome!!!! This is a really cool song. The piano is really powerful. CONGRATS on 150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's an amazing achievement!!!!!

You're welcome, congratulations, I'm so proud of you! You're so truly special.

• Parisienne

This is beautiful!! :)

This is wonderful! The song reminds me of skyfall, in a really good way. Best of luck in the competition!

And congratulations on 150+! You deserve all of them, WtW wouldn't be the same without you :)

• Ree Sethu

beautiful work! good luck for the competition and congrats for achieving the new milestone in the number of followers!!