~wildflower~

15
Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, tall
~stranded amongst the stars any trying to work out the meaning of it all~
Joined April 2020

On a perpetual semi-hiatus

I know it’s very late to be publishing my first draft, but here it is! I’ve composed the music to go with it, but I haven’t recorded it yet because I’d love some feedback!
Thanks :)

No more (150 followers thank you in footnotes)

Verse:
Together, we feed loneliness to the hurt
and we soar with wings of empty smiles
on the quiet winds of happy forevers 
that sing the song of sweet denial

Chorus:
You taught me to rise
but not how to fall
I can’t move from this ledge
but I can’t let go

And I learnt to fight
accept fault – oh no
so I pierced the night
held within my bones

Verse:
Why must I think that I deserve blame 
for succumbing to the pull of my feelings 
for I can’t always contest the currents anyway
and eventually they’ll lead back to shore.

Chorus:
You taught me to rise
but not how to fall
I can’t move from this ledge
but I can’t let go

I’m tired of trying 
to stop seasons’ change
so why won’t you teach 
me to dance in the rain

(Instrumental part)

Bridge:
Cause’ dawn follows the darkness
but days don’t last forever, we can’t 
stop the sky’s eternal arc
so show me how to see the stars

There’s beauty in the changing sky
oh why can’t we see? That the
darkness, the hurt and the tears
oh, they are not the enemy?

Chorus:
You taught me to rise
but not how to fall
I can’t move from this ledge
but I can’t let go

And I learnt to fight
accept fault – oh no
so I pierced the night
held within my bones

Outro:
No more.

The message is beautiful plus every line is so good!!

• anemoia by a thread

re: oh, and thank you so much! i really appreciate your comment! <3

• anemoia by a thread

wow, this expresses such depth and emotion. that line "You taught me to rise
    but not how to fall" carries a wealth of meaning
    re: i actually recorded mine on an app called "Voice Recorder" since I didn't want my Voice Memos on the built-in iPhone app to be taking up storage that also affected my mom's phone. So i just searched for a free voice recorder app and downloaded it. It's a light gray icon that looks like an old cassette tape. From there you can share it to several platforms, like Google Drive, which is what I did. then i make the link available for everyone to view.

• useless :)

re: oh not a problem haha, and thanks! :)

Re: I love that!

• useless :)

re: thank you so much for the feedback!! i'll definitely describe his anger in more depth during some of the parts. only thing tho, lol, is that i was thinking of him being the antagonist rather than the main character. like yk those prologues that start out with a different character's perspective just to give the reader a little more insight and some anticipation? i'd rlly appreciate it if you could tell me how to make it seem like he's not gonna be the main character of the book, because i wouldn't want it to be misleading...anyway thank you for helping me already! :)

• useless :)

wow, this is incredible. i absolutely love the message the song portrays...it's so beautiful and relatable and was presented so clearly throughout. these lines-
    "You taught me to rise
    but not how to fall" manage to encompass such a profound idea in a gorgeously simplistic way. i love the whole song tho, great job ;)

Re: <3

Ooh this is deliciously thought-provoking. Maybe my only tiny critique I can think of is maybe strengthen the line "I can’t move from this ledge". It's quite good, but perhaps you could find more vivid language? Idk.

• EmmeH

Re: Thanks for the feedback on my song! I just propped my phone up on a cardboard box to record my performance. Your lyrics are incredible by the way. I'm sure this will sound amazing recorded.

• Rival

RE: look i loved this. you are an amazing writer with more talent than i could dream of having. there is no way i could make myself read this and not give you the respect you deserve

this is so emotional and beautiful and i love this line so much: "You taught me to rise
    but not how to fall" so relatable and you brought this feeling to the surface. i can't think of a single thing to improve on... marvelous job.
    <3<3<3

• Rival

this song made me cry. this is literally the most relateable thing ever:(

• ~wildflower~

Oh, and by the way: for anyone who’s wondering, this song is basically about how the world seems to expect us to always be ‘okay’ and acts as if being unhappy is the worst thing that should be avoided at all costs. In reality, sad times are an inevitable part of life that I think we should learn how to live with, not how to avoid or get rid of. (Sorry if that makes no sense!)