anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

haha guys that address is actually miley cyrus' fanmail address
i looked it up
i do not live in SoCal

A Very Serious Speech on a Very Useless Argument Involving a Dreaded 2010 Song...

10
    Fellow writers, thinkers, and teens, I come before you today to address the crisis that is gripping a certain rural high school in the United States. This high school has been functioning in a hybrid system since the beginning of the year, meaning that Group A students attend school on Monday and Thursday, and Group B students attend school on Tuesday and Friday.
    In a typical day, the bell rings at the end of every period, and a seven minute passing period follows. When there is one minute left to get to class, a song plays for that minute. Usually, it's the Mission Impossible theme song.
    Except on Fridays.
    On Fridays, students are subjected to a deeply distressing and miserable existence six times in one day—a day that is now shorter in the hybrid schedule. 
    On Fridays, Miley Cyrus' Party in the U.S.A. traumatizes every student as it projects from the tinny loudspeakers.
    I call upon you, my fellow citizens, to take a stand against this grievous injustice. No student deserves to be tormented like this.
    What's more, Group A students do not attend school on Fridays, so they are free to rest their ears on the repetitive, but respectable (and lyric-free) Mission Impossible theme song every period of their school days. Yet Group B students are put under unimaginable duress half of the time they are at school as the dreaded 2010 song plays for an entire minute.
    From a general standpoint, this is somewhat bothersome, annoying, and bound to cause slight stress and occasional head-banging. Students do not deserve to hear the same song, the same part of the song, six times per day, once a week, when they spend only two precious days in-person.
    From a personal standpoint, I can't help singing along because Party in the U.S.A is ingrained so deeply in my mind. It haunts me. How could I participate in such an abhorrent act? How can I purge these lyrics from my mind, with their horribly catchy tune and the high-pitched bubblegum quality? On the rare occasions when I forget that I must endure this song, as I did today, the realization crashes down on me like waves of acid pounding the shores of my brain.
    I scream, sometimes silently. 
    Sometimes not.
    This is my plea for help. I shall lose what is left of my mind if this torture continues. Send aid, advice, chocolate, or large checks to Maverick 9350 Civic Center Dr Suite 100 Beverly Hills, CA 90210-3629, USA.
It's not that I actually hate the song so much. BUT IT PLAYS SIX TIMES A DAY, HALF THE TIME I'M AT SCHOOL, AND IT'S STUCK. IN. MY. HEAD. AND I CAN BARELY KEEP FROM SINGING ALONG. IT'S BAD, PEOPLE.
also, that address... hahaha

• Tushar Mandhan

my heart was literally in my throat as i started reading because i thought it was like a serious piece with drama, war......XD idk why i thought so but the second i realized i was like ohhhhhhh!!!!

• TerenNeret

i think you mean that you keep nodding your head like yeah, moving your hips like yeah

• ava09 (sorta back)

HAHAHA I LOVE THIS LMAO!! i love the address xd. we have songs played during our passing periods but they change up what they play - i can't imagine having to listen to the same song all day that would suck majorly.
    replying: yay i'm glad you liked it xd. and yw! IKR SAMEEE IT'S BEAUTIFULL!!! april 9th cannot come soon enough!! ;)

• journal.scribbles

Lmao this is amazing

• Nikki

HAHAHA! firstly this piece had me laughing and grinning so much! it is just so cute! also i agree! if anyone had to listen to a song sooo much they would get sick of it super fast! very well put! also in love with the title :3
    re: thank you and very correct! oh! thats okay, even i didn't see the misspelling.
    anyways, have a nice day:)

Um... Okay?

Firstly, I've never had a bell in my school be anything other than a RRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGG, which is actually soothing (sometimes. Other times I have to shut my ears because the bell is louder than a my mom when she's shouting)

Party in the USA is a nice song, but oh my, I would hate it if it played 6 times a week. I like your argument. I concur.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Don't worry, I won't look up the address, but I live in Manhattan and we're also back! Beverly Hills though, wow! My friends and I kind of want to visit, lol. Great piece!

Oh my yes I agree with Rosi unless that's a fake address lol

I absolutely NEED to go to your school. That is all.

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

Um also did you put your school’s address in this piece?
    Maybe don’t do that?

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

THE BUTTERFLIES FLY AWAYYYYYY