useless :)

hi!
idrk what i'm doing but
14 :)
pisces
est 1/22/21

scribble chums with Starlitskies, em wilder, and remi'sgotinkstains
go check them out, they're amazing writers :)

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."- Anne Shirley
"Thank you for your consideration."- Katniss Everdeen
"Great, we're all bloody inspired."- Newt

thank you so much for 100 followers!! :)

have a great day everyone!

prologue of maybe a story? see footnotes pls

18
PROLOGUE

The room was enveloped in silence. Not the typical, awkward-exchange-of-unspoken-thoughts kind of silence, but one which is a result of malice and tension, one which fills the air with greedy glances and stolen secrets. Each and every one of the twenty men and women gathered in the musty, dimly lit room was hoping that another would speak first, as none of them were willing to face the possibility of consequence. The apprehension at what lay ahead of them was tearing at their helpless souls. There was no turning back now, as they all understood, doing so would undoubtedly cost them their lives. As the tension thickened, a few began to get restless, dread creeping through the crevices in the minds.
After what could have either seemed like a mere couple of minutes or a few hours, depending on the amount of patience one has, the silence infiltrating the room dissipated all at once, like glass breaking into shards without warning. The creak of a door opening was heard, and the group stood at attention, many of their hearts pounding through their chest. He was here. He stared at them, a menacing sight, but it was really only his resting posture. Then he spoke, slowly and meticulously. "Welcome, my...friends. I'm so very glad you decided to join me today." The words flowed out of his mouth, but they weren't smooth. They were sharp around the edges, which made for a rough, raspy voice, like sandpaper. He looked to be in his early forties. He had messy black hair and was dressed in matching fully black attire, but his face was scarred. At first glance, he could pass as merely eccentric, but anybody who knew something as simple as his name knew he was dangerous, perhaps insane. To be fair, most who knew his name worked for him or were dead by now, ironically, the first often resulting in the latter.
His words, as his colleagues knew well, were not truly a hospitable greeting. This was merely a warning, of what could have been if they had happened to...miss this certain meeting. In response to the nervous nods and glances of the group huddled around the table in the far right corner of the room, the man laughed. It was erratic, and his eyes were creased, but they were ever so cold, unforgiving pools of malice. He continued, now pacing around the room, seemingly contemplating. At last, he spun around sharply, turning to the man in the group who was nearest to him and leaning into his ear, talking slowly.
Though he spoke quietly, every person in the room was able to hear him. "Where," he paused, looking up from the man and now facing the entirety of his colleagues, "Are the last four." Soft murmurs ran through the group, the first time any of them had spoken since their arrival. Finally, the man who had been whispered to replied, tentatively. "We...we don't know, but-" He was cut off by the sound of a strangled scream...his own. He was thrashing, frantically trying to release himself from the icy, vise like grip surrounding his throat. The grip was not tangible though, as the man in black was not touching any part of his body. He was merely staring at him, a crazed look in his eyes, channeling his energy into creating midnight black tendrils, which coiled their way around the other man's neck. As the others watched in horror, the struggle continued for another few minutes, until at last, the man went limp, the vigor rushing out of his eyes. They were reduced to obsolete voids of emptiness.
The man in black now staggered back for only a moment, before regaining his posture as well as his strength. The others were mortified, but he didn't looked fazed. It was only then that they truly realized what they had gotten themselves into, and only then that an intense feeling of regret wound its way through most of their minds. "I do not approve of hesitation," the man in black paused, making his way around the room and looking at each of the remaining 19 of his associates in the eye, one by one. "You have one month to find them. All four. Use any methods available, whatever it takes. I do not care about the...consequences." The word sat gingerly on his tongue, the rasp in his voice coming out profoundly. His eyes, an icy shade of blue, seemed to glow in the darkness. "You are all dismissed."

so i decided to write a story prologue because i haven't tried one yet and it seemed fun lol. i have no clue what the story would be about but can you lmk if this would be interesting as a story? if so, i'll think of something...constructive criticism, feedback, or just a normal comment would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!

OMG I love this so much!! It's so awesome and there is tons of suspense! I could imagine everything happening like in a movie! This is an amazing prologue- loll I have now come to the realization that the prologue I wrote is not really a prologue but wow, you have to extend this!!
    RE: Awww thank you!! And omg wait- no I do remember that- it was such an amazing piece!! And yes omg, it is definitely hard to actually write out long plots! Hahah! I just expanded one of my pieces into a chapter but it took so long and now I’m thinking if it’s even worth it to try writing more chapters because it took SO long!!!

Oh gosh this would make such a good book! Omg like the way you describe things in here are just perfection! WOW!
    Re- Also Aww thank you that is so sweet! You are so talented yourself!! Also, those are some great titles! Thank you <3

• •TheVictoriousOne•

Re: I- awwww thank you for commenting under my post 'my dream' I really appreciate it. I also didn't mind you talking about yourself I was intrigued . Also this piece is amazinggggggg if you turned this into a story i would definitely read this!

• dreamcatching

re: Thank you so much for the help and the welcome. Wishing you the best!!

• dreamcatching

Literally amazing!! IS THERE A LIKE BUTTON

wow. i would read the heck out of a story like this!! your descriptions are crazy perfect with such a deep imagery i could imagine that room. gosh. i love everything about this and wish i could read a whole book!!

• barelybear

Ach! I don’t think I could bear constant heat above 30/80. (What’s the melting point of a human because I reckon it’s not far off). I think at least in the cold, you can always put on an extra jumper. But I guess going for a walk and hanging with your friends is a lot nicer in the dry and warm. So perhaps a crisp autumn, or a more moderate summer’s day would be the perfect weather.

Oh I am *definitely* an autumn person too. I love the leaves and the smells and the opportunities to drink gingerbread-flavoured hot drinks with cream on top. Hot drinks are everything. (I’m a hardcore drinker and I do not stop even on those 20°c summer days - which in the uk sounds a lot more impressive than it would to you living in a hot place lmao)

• barelybear

Florida! The land of old people and beaches and Orlando? (If my geography is any good lmao) sea world and Disney and ice cream :D
    Hmm I think I genuinely would miss the rain if I moved somewhere where rain only lasted 5 minutes. There’s something invigorating about watching the world crumble into tears around you (wow okay ima use that in a piece). But then again, I much prefer wearing shorts to jeans, soooo. Idk what it is in Fahrenheit, but we rarely get over 15°c. In summer if it gets over 20, it’s a massive excitement, followed by a load of lying down, way too hot and tired to do anything. I swear if it got over 30, we’d all like “omg the end has come!”

• barelybear

Lel it sounds so different. My memories of outdoor sports are all huddled in my dad’s coat because it’s raining and my brother’s got a rugby match. But if the clubhouse was open, I’d be able to get a drink :)
    Imagine wanting to have an ice cream instead of a hot chocolate bahah.

• barelybear

Re: I loooveee slushies!!
    Throwback to when we could go out: my brother is all fitness so when he went to the pool on Sundays, if I ever got dragged along I’d literally sit in the audience and drink slushies while he went and swum lmao.

Re: Yeeeeee :D

re: Aww thanks! I'll be sure to notify you :P Well you be American, I'll be Australian and barelybear can be British :P

• McK13

re: aww, thank you so much!! You're so sweet! Yeah, seven definitely works better than eight lol. I'm so glad that you thought it was catchy! You made my night :)

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

Replying: Haha! Thank you! And lol I'm a psychic. XD
    Um, Idk either. Just go ahead and publish it; nobody will judge you! And if they do... *cracks knuckles* lemme know... ;)

• barelybear

Lmaoo the chavs will take over the world, of this there can be no doubt. One day they are scamming roblox, the next, they have swarmed every target store across America. (I really wanna see a Walmart a target and a seven eleven store btw).

• barelybear

Re: ohhh mannnn I *need* to hear that!! I’m sure it is amazing! And even if it isn’t, i bet it would be super hilarious. Hmm I’d say my accent is fairly posh English, but if I want I can really crank up the chav lmao. It’s definitely not northern or anything. Ahahahha I love New York accents! (“I’m gonna go get a coawfee in new yoiwk” is basically all I can do tho). I think it’s probably easier when you’re around someone who uses the accent, because then all you have to do is copy it ahah. We’ve been doing to kill a mockingbird at school, and EvEry tiMe now I read it in the most massively exaggerated — though perhaps inaccurate — southern accent lmao (“Jeeyym and ah weyuhnt to schoowl”) it gives me the most immense joy :D

• barelybear

Oh man. 12? I was gunning for a loveable rogue sorta character ahhshsh. Ahhh the “chip” (sidenote: I now am going to read your messages in an American accent. I’m sorry it’s gonna have to be California or southern, because that is where my technical abilities lie lmao) crunching. Crisp crunching is up there with the accidental singing and the video-chat-with-your-friends-but-actually-it’s-not-on-mute-and-you-maybe-kinda-oopsie-are-slagging-off-the-teacher. Ahaha here will be no escaper from this story flood for the grandchildren.

• barelybear

re: LMAOOO aw man that must have been hilarious (little kids are so embarrassing sometimes). I got my braces off during lockdown, and came into my sister’s room to basically grin at her and flaunt it. We have a kinda weird relationship, so she starts laughing at me and telling me I look really dumb. Turned out she had her mic on and her Spanish teacher was like “who, me?” hehehe. Long story short now the teacher really doesn’t like her. I love that he was singing that’s everythingggggg

• Starlitskies

Re: Awww thank you so much! Your comments always mean so much to me! And I've been working on your review. There's a bit more to do and I'll be submitting it tomorrow morning; it's really late over here in Sri Lanka. Love you loads! <3

• barelybear

Thankyouuuuu :))))))))))))
    This series has gotten me all way too hyped heehee. I’ve got to make some form of creative writing about music oh dearly. So far my only ideas have been
    a) do some gothic wailing description then comedy twist it’s my sister in her singing lesson or smth
    b) the symphony around us. Could take some planning, but essentially I’d be like ooh the cars are the steady whoosh and beat of percussion etccccc. Hmm I feel like that might get cuteness marks like wow sweet. But I find comedy easier to write. But I am supposed to be expanding my genres. If you don’t mind giving the advice, what do you think?

• barelybear

Re: ah, yes, siblings may be the death of me. I swear if my sister messes up my fakery moment and the teacher starts to hate me, I will be beyond mad lmao. Sounds like it was a close call with the roblox ahah. Assuming you’re not doing any more 3am work, and it’s just me up now bc of the time difference. Unless you’re over on the west, which makes it like 12... I think

• barelybear

Ooh soda that’s a new one. And mannnn early morning homework gah!
    Ima try out a new thing where
    1) teacher asks me question
    2) I have cam on but don’t know the answer
    3) I unmute
    4) I proceed to make glitchy sounds while moving my mouth and pray my sister doesn’t walk in and ask what I am doing

Genius.

Anyway time difference sucks I have to go sleep lel

• barelybear

Anshan man we all need to get out on a field trip nsmsma.
    Of its horrible when a teacher doesn’t like you. Idk whether it’s worse that or having to do homework at 1am though aggshaha that kills my brain.

I love the labs at our school, if only because when we go in, that means we’re not going to be doing written work hehe. But none of that with lockdown gah

Our physics teacher is basically the opposite. She will drone on and on and on and onnnnnn. And then set all the class work as homework without explaining anything except “Just in case you wanted to know this, it’s not on the gcse course, but you might be interested.” And I’m like please can we learn what we’re supposed to know uwu
    One time we managed to get her to talk about her cat for half a lesson, which was pretty fun tho :)
    The cat is 21, which means she can drink in America! (Though ironically the alcohol would probably finish her off ahah... *trails off in bleakness*)

• barelybear

Gah! Not the dreaded late email that everyone else checks except you! That’s legit the stuff of nightmares *returns the shudder*
    Aw man there is nothing worse than teachers deciding to give tests right after a holiday. It’s like fine, take away the holiday, why don’t you?
    I’m terrible with extra work, because it’s a really obvious way for teachers to see if I hate them or not. Like usually I’m too nervous to turn down anything, but if it’s my physics teacher it’s going straight in the bin (*recycling*, I’m not a mOnSteR)
    Ahshhshsj I miss school trips. Man I even miss failing biology practicals in the labs. (Seriously I’m terrified of lighting Bunsen burners. I just KNOW it’s gonna be me that leaves the gas on and ends up blowing up the classroom. And smoky eye is really not the look for me.)

• barelybear

Re: wow some people are way too dedicated lmao. I think you’ve gotta be in it for fun, yeah.
    Ugh don’t even get me started about workload we go on half term and the teachers are like
    “Okay everyone, the most important thing for this break is to RELAX.”
    Us: YAY TEACHERS WHO GET U—
    “But haha don’t forget that now GCSEs are cancelled, we’re gonna be doing a few exams so we have evidence. It’s probably a good idea to get revising :)”
    Us: ughhhhhhhh but okay we see the point
    “But! Seeing as those exams will be two weeks after the start of term, the homework now isn’t to revise for those exams! Instead, we’re setting you this!”
    Us: okay um what?
    “Sorry did you think I was done? It’s half term, which obviously means you’ll be bored, which gives me the right to dOubLe the dose of homework. And I’ll add in a few optional tasks but I won’t be specific about whether they are really optional or not. And remember that I’m gonna be deciding your grades, so work hard and make me proud. :)”
    ...
    “But remember to find the time to relax!”

Ahhshshsjkakskdn lmao I just straight out ranted all that at you.
    Hope you’re having a great day :D
    I got the maths done (yay)

• barelybear

re: Woah league of America sounds so cool! It’s like superheroes!
    I don’t think we have anything on a national level like that *sigh*. Every year there’s the ukmc (maths challenge) but it’s an individual thing and literally one or two papers. But it’s fun to do problem solving maths haha.
    Gosh yeah we have timetabley people like that. Some weirdo decided to put chemistry first period eVerY tIMe We hAve iT. At least it gets out of the way though hehe.

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: YES TODAY IS MY BDAY! thank you so much for remembering! it means a lot. really. thank you so much. i'm 14!!!!!

• Parisienne

This is so great wow!!! I especially love 'made for a rough, raspy voice, like sandpaper' and at the beginning where you describe the room being filled with ' Not the typical, awkward-exchange-of-unspoken-thoughts kind of silence, but one which is a result of malice and tension, one which fills the air with greedy glances and stolen secrets.' ooooh its so good and creepy, please write more because I think I am hooked ngl :D!
    re: thank you so much! I am glad you liked my piece <3

Replying: So I'll review this piece and ya better give me some more links or else I really WILL review all of them! XD And as for plots, I'm prob not the best person to ask, tbh. I mean, I'm like the kind of writer that just thinks of the most base plot and starts writing and that's the end of the planning phase! If I were you, I might ask Rohan's Defender or V-Rose or books4life! They're all terrific at plotlines! <3

Replying: Obviously, you don't know how stubborn I can be. ;) You'll see though. Love ya! <3

• barelybear

Ahah have fun with that maths heheh
    If you do start an instrument, you have to tell me which one! I’m doing music gcse (would not recommend btw it comes with way too much stress). Despite its numerous downsides haha it means I’ve gotten really interested in music and instruments lel. Ahshjshshhsh competitions! I would love to do logic competitions! I’ve done a few maths challenges in my time, but never anything quite like what you described as agola.

• barelybear

Agh 7:30 maths?! If one good thing has come out of lockdown, it’s that I don’t have to get the bus early. I now wake up at 8 hehe.
    Agola actually sounds super cool! I’m kinda academic, so that sounds like it would be a fun mind stretchy thing. Can’t say that I’d be very good at track, but I’ve always found tennis fun, even if I’m not all that good. I played football (soccer) in primary a little, but never fully got into it. We don’t do any baseball or American football, but in the summer we’ll do cricket and rounders, and my brother plays rugby a lot.

Don’t worry I absolutely adore seeing long messages! Ooh and about orchestra, I’d say go for it learning a new instrument! I only started bass halfway through year 10 (I think that’s 9th grade) but it’s been really fun. I love being able to play jazzy pieces. It would definitely be fun to see an American High School!

Replying: It's been terrific to meet you too! And I will review all of them; mark my words! XD

Replying: Omg, NO! Absolutely not! I enjoy writing reviews; how dare you refuse to give me THREE? Hmph!
    That's IT! You have crossed the line, girl! I will review all of your pieces as time allows!
    Haha, backfired, didn't it? ;) I always have time for friends! Love ya! <3

Replying: Lol, thank you! I'm so glad you liked it!
    I can't wait to read some of your writing! I'd be happy to review three or more of your pieces; will you let me know which ones you'd like reviewed? Thanks! <3

• barelybear

Re: ooh good luck for the high school! Wow all those American teen drama movies set in high school and you’re about to go! Do you do cheerleading? Omg that always looks like so much fun! And you guys have marching bands and American football. Shjsjskskk. Wow. And no uniformssss gah. To be fair, in lockdown we can wear whatever we want.

We have hockey and netball lel (not ice hockey btw I only know like 3 people that can decently skate). Also, I never knew what kindergarten was, so this is so cool! I guess the club that I’m most involved in is orchestra. I might join wind band when lockdown ends, because I play double bass and they need more bass because there’s one bassoon player and they seem happy enough to branch out into string accompaniment. Anyways I really hope you get into your first choice school!

• barelybear

re: woah! high school is at 14?! I really should get to know the American school system. It seems super cool. I'm also really jealous that your exams are only at 18, though I guess you don't get to drop as many subjects with that being the case. We have primary from age 4-11, secondary 11-16 and sixth form/college 16-18. So I'm in the last year of secondary at the moment. And you're in the last year of middle school, which i guess is kinda exciting. I'm staying at my school's sixth form, so the only change is that next year I won't have a uniform and I'll only take 4 subjects.

• barelybear

Re: yeah lel it’s weird this ageing business. I’d say you’ve just gotta learn to love the moment. Like I remember when I was like 8 and I thought 13 was ancient but now that seems like so long ago. But yeah every day is a new day, so make sure you keep on shining, and go forth into that 14-year-old world :D

• barelybear

Yeah omg happy birthday for soon! Yeah you’d definitely have a lot of time to reply. It does seem like quite the commitment, so it’s a good idea to wait until you feel prepared :)
    Thanks for the comment - I’m so glad you liked the piece.

• cloudi

wait! consider this a part two of my previous comment- happy early bday!!

• cloudi

re: thank you!! yes, that's right, perfectly safe :)

• barelybear

Woah I think this would be so cool as the prologue of a story from the perspective of one of the people being hunted down! It’s really ominous, and paints a great picture
    Ahhh yes this old thing? Why I updated it on Saturday :)
    I applied the 13th Ning I’d just go for it and see what happened. I think the next applications will be opened around May, because that’s when our term ends. Are you thinking of applying? Ooohhhh! I think you’d be so great!

Re: Oh gosh thanks :D You're very sweet!

• barelybear

Re: Thanks so much for your comment! I absolutely loved reading it, word splurge and all :D
    Thanks as well for the support on the recording lmao. At least I learnt where my talents lie haha. I had a look at your song entry, and I love the rhythm of it! I was really impressed that you said it was your first attempt - it’s amazing! I hope you enter it, so good luck :)

• ANSON REYNOLDS

I like it!!! Very dark and creepy and there are so many fun things that can happen here and ahhhhh I like it :)) PLS notify me if you write more, bc I would loveeee to keep reading

• Starlitskies

Yes yes yes! I would definitely read more! You have such a way of drawing in the reader. There were so many beautifully crafted lines. The overall piece gave me a whole lot of Dan Brown vibes. :)
    " To be fair, most who knew his name worked for him or were dead by now, ironically, the first often resulting in the latter." - I especially love how this is worded and with one single sentence you've conveyed such a lot about the character.
    I'll be sure to leave a review. It'll take a couple of days though; hope that's fine.
    Re: Thank you so so much! <3

• McK13

Wow! This writing is very incredible! Your imagery and detail is amazing. I’m so intrigued and I’m on the edge of my seat (literally, lol) but I do, absolutely love this!! And I can’t wait to hear more :)

• McK13

Re: thank you so much for your comment on my piece, My Silent Promise!! You are so incredibly sweet! :)

• Love, Rose

wow this is stunning and so creepy

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yay, so excited! ;)

• lana.n

re again: thank you again :) also dw the reply comment helped me bc i actually didnt know how so thanks

• remi'sgotinkstains

hmm, well you could have the man being controlled by something else . . . and not like a monster i'm thinking but like a bird or a wolf or something that can talk . . . i've always thought that would be pretty cool. you could also have your main character (the protaginist) be a bad guy and actually believe in the cause or something. or a few main characters. yeah, just thinking of ways to not make it a cliche story and something readers will be like "wow, this is really interesting and different way to think about things!" or something. you could also dig up some folk tales or fairy tales and adapt those for a plot . . . just an idea. i hope this helped some! and of course you can be cliche because it would still be a great story and it it your first! ;)

• Nikki

HOLY CHRIST!!!!!! I NEED MORE OF THIS, LIKE NEED, LIKE NOW, and that is not a request young lady!!
    haha i'm joking. but seriously i cant wait for more :3
    re: thank you! i'm glad you liked my piece! :)

• remi'sgotinkstains

oh this is so creepy and really well written. I especially like your similes a lot! I think this could turn into a really cool story, just maybe consider not making it another story where the evil guy is this powerful man with all this magic . . . of course you can, tho. You could turn this into something really interesting! well done!

• lana.n

re: awe tysm that really means a lot :)

• ~wildflower~

Re: ohh, I actually did think that he would be the antagonist and I didn’t mean to say main character (oops!). Sorry, that was my tired brain speaking to you. Even if someone did think he seemed like the main character from the prologue, I don’t think it would matter that much. Prologues are often a little confusing because they don’t have the context that the rest of the story does, but that’s okay. I think the idea of showing a different character’s insight in the prologue is great!

• ~wildflower~

Ok, wow, this is incredible! Your descriptions are stunning and the tension is powerful. I completely agree with em wilder - the way you’ve formed the main character with so much detail really does make him seem real. “the silence infiltrating the room dissipated all at once, like glass breaking into shards without warning” - that simile, ahhh, it just created such a perfect image. I love it!
    The only thing I would have done differently is maybe describing the man’s anger a bit more..? I know you were trying to build him as a loose-cannon kind of guy with a constant persona of danger and anger (which you did amazingly) but I feel like showing how his anger escalated in a little more depth could add a greater depth to the character. Just my personal opinion :)
    Anyway, this is amazing! I’d definitely read more.
    Re: thank you sooooo much!! I was so nervous to publish that so your comment means a lot <3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thanks! Yes, I have a plan hehe probably will be published sometime today or tomorrow morning :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Whoops, sry I was planning to submit that when I finished this chapter which I'm working on now (currently morning for me :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Hi! A new chapter was posted last night for A "Real" Girl if you want to check it out :) (last night referring to my time zone's last night)

oh wow... heck yeah, i want to read more! the imagery is phenomenal and the characters seem real. so much tension there. ooooh who is that guy? what happened to the 4? continue if you want!
    <3