ava09 (sorta back)

17|She/Her|Slytherin|HP|Star Wars|Marvel|LOTR|Madam Secretary|Umbrella Academy|Classic Novels|Journals|Barns and Noble|Soccer|The PL|Manchester United|USWNT|Music|Taylor Swift|Law|Violin|Food|Hopeless Romantic

any and all reviews would be welcome and lovely. :)

i'm half back - thought i'd publish this. see footnotes for help with what "v.i.", "c." and "b." mean if you don't get it!

wrote this with a specific friend of mine in mind...thinking about sending it to him for his birthday (he turns 17 later this month)...what do you guys think? should i?

seventeen

v. i.
it's been a long time since you've been carefree
now you sit weighed down by all the memories
you used to be a kid but now you're seventeen
and you discover it's not all it's cracked up to be

v. ii.
birthdays don't mean that much to you
another year passed you are just an older you
and while you might've grown and need new pairs of shoes
meaningless presents aren't the only think you'll start to lose

c.
but someday you'll say
oh remember when we stayed up all night studying
for a test on biochemistry
and later I turned the TV with the big game on
call it luck but we won and your jersey was wrong

v. iii.
when you test back for hours about stupid things
and laugh at my jokes because you think they're funny
it makes me happy and i really wonder why
it's impossible for you to see yourself through my eyes

v. iv.
i'm not sure what else is left to say
just know someday you will find your way
and through it all thought tears may fall you'll be okay
always remember that you matter anyway

c.
and someday you'll say
for a test on biochemistry

b.
where has the time gone we're all seventeen
too old to be dreamers to young not to dream
time flies, years go by, but we still belong
to this place and this day we all sing along, saying
to this place and this day we all sing this song

v. v.
now you sit and think through all the memories
the good, the bad, the pretty and the ugly
and you discover all the joys of seventeen
v. i. = verse one (v=verse, followed by the verse number in roman numerals)
c. = chorus
b. = bridge
lower case is intentional

• Just_A_Memory

The heavens open and rain pours down upon her face, streaming down her cheeks like falling tears. But, above, there were no bruised clouds. The sky was not overcast with grey shadows, but rather rays of light When they touched the ground, she noticed they spelled a link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/233205/version/494423
    Pulling that handy pen out of her pocket, she jotted down the link on the back of her hand.

I'm not sure if you're even on, and this is a completely random comment, but I saw you posted (literally 8 months ago) on beth r's piece, (the fandom one) and said you loved 1D UwU Is it a fellow Directioner I see?

• Rohan’s Defender

Ello, Ava! I just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing... I miss talking with you! Hope you’re having a great day. :)

• Busssy.Beee

She tilted her head up towards the crystal sapphire sky, her face illuminating with the soft rays of sunshine. The field of tulips were blooming beautifully in front of her, gleaming in a mosaic of vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows. The chirps of a nearby starling sounded by her right ear and she turned her head. She watched as the small bird fluttered in a pattern that seemed to spell out: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/224885/version/473812.
    Soon, another starling flew towards the bird, the two spiraling together in the air. They looked so perfectly matched, so well suited just for one another. She sighed, wondering who would be the one suited for her.

• serein

ah this is beuatiful!!! so delicately written.
    re: aaa thank you. sad songs are the absolute best thing in the world lol.

• McK13

Re: thank you! Keep being yourself too! Yes, definitely :)

• ~rain~

Re: wHaAaAaAaaAt you met the kratt brothers?!?!?!?! i'm jealous!!!!!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh cool! Yeah, it's fun especially if it's like late night on a school night because after we've managed to get a couple autographs. In fact, our coaches used to coach a lot of the player's on the UCLA team, Jacey Peterson and Olivia Athens as well as former UNC now USA player Annie Kingman, so I've met them as well. Yes, I wish I could watch the game right now but our TV's acting up so I'm just refreshing the scoreboard XD

• Love, Rose

this is beautiful, the emotion is so prominent

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thanks! I know, they actually cancelled practice so we could all watch it XD Anyways, that's so cool you live near a team! Sadly, living in Manhattan, there's not many but we play all the time on the beach with people! I mean, LA and where I live are over an hour apart, it's not really LA. I wish I could though, I've watched UCLA play and Stanford, which was awesome because they're rivals though. Alex Morgan? Are you a fan of Megan Rapinoe at all?

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

HI! It's been so long! *virtual hug* How have you been? I've missed you!
    I'd love to review three or more of your pieces. Will you let me know? Thanks! <3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Okay, thank you, it hasn't happened like this before so I'll wait like you said if it does again. Also, yes Tobin Heath is from the US so I naturally love her :) I love Manchester United both sides, but I'm also a pretty big Liverpool fan, both sides as well, my coaches actually played for Liverpool and they kind of got me into it ;) Favorite players are Julie Ertz (she plays for the US national team and the Chicago Red Stars) and she went to college kinda close to me in California. I also am a fan of Becky Saurbrunn who's a bit overshadowed by Alex Morgan in my opinion, and her early life is a lot like mine. Anyways, I'll stop now because I'll start listing too many players XD Who's yours though?

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thanks! Oh cool, yeah I watch EPL (English Premier League), all the women's leagues, though a lot collapse :(, and whatever's on too XD

• ~rain~

Re: Aw, thank you!! Lol yeahh my friends think the same thing and I'm not really the type to talk to him how other girls would with their crush... he and I argue about the silliest things instead. And yas, Marvel is literally the best! I'm watching all of the movies for the first time... just watched Doctor Strange last night and it was pretty weird. No, actually strange. And omggg you should go to Chick-Fil-A it's amazing. Like seriously I fangirl over Chick-Fil-A (please don't ask why)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thank you! It means a lot :) Also, thanks for the follow! I both play and watch soccer I'm either center forward or right mid depending on the game :) What about you? Also, thanks the quotes took a bit to find :P

• The Inky Writer

This is amazing, the lyrics sang themselves as I read. I would love to hear you singing this gorgeous song. You should definitely give your friend this song for his birthday, I'm sure he would love it :)

Are you gonna record this bc I can't wait to hear it! I love how each part flows so well! This is great!!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Wow, the flow is amazing! You're a great writer! If you get the chance I'd love it if you could check out a piece or two of mine :) (btw love the pfp, I also love soccer ;)

oh the same aesthetics that abby.a is feelin for sure. nostalgia and bittersweetness all the way through
    re: tysm!!! highest praise. seriously. AND I KNOW THE FEARLESS RE RECORDING AND THE AESTHETIC IS SO GORGEOUS

• pyrrhic

i really like this! i can feel the emotion, and i can imagine the melodies alone with it. personally, imagine a soft acoustic guitar and an emotional voice... but i could be bias because that's what i enjoy listening to. either way, this was very well written and all together it flowed really nicely. well done :]