remi'sgotinkstains

you can call me Anne Shirley
I've got her hair and her imagination
INFP-T, Mediator
14 :)
a little insane--no, that's an understatement ;)

I'm just a girl with a pen, and I like to use it

scribble chums with Starlitskies, em wilder, and useless :)

Luna Lovegood is my blueberry twin Hermione and I are sworn frenemies

"If a kiss could be seen, I think it would look like a violet." --Priscilla Grant

"Look, do you see that poem! Oh, it's the most beautiful poem I ever saw!" --Anne Shirley

I'd love to be friends! Just hit me up in the comments!

thing of the wind

Fear is not the thing with eight legs, nor is freedom the thing with pages . . . fear is the all-consuming cloud that drowns you with insecurity, peer pressure, and that little voice that tells you what you have written is not enough, never will be enough.  But that's only what it said.

Freedom is not the thing with pages.  Fear is the thing with pages.  Hundreds of thousands of millions of billions of pages that have not been filled but must be filled . . . that are still so empty and clean but shouldn't be.  Not yet mottled with ink and scribbles.  Freedom is the thing of the wind through my hair, my nana's cool wrinkled hands on my cheeks, the crowd of people opening their umbrellas all at once like a murder of crows taking flight.

Freedom is when we have the daring to get a pen, take a crumpled piece of paper, and decide that you aren't there to listen to a silly little voice, or a rejection letter, or a terrible friend (if you have a friend that says stuff like that little voice, ditch them now).

You're there because if you weren't, you might just die with the itching in your fingertips, the screaming in your brain.
Fear is the thing with pages.
Freedom, passion, sensitivity is the thing of the wind.  
yeah, this is not the prompt, but my fingers made me write it.  ;)

• useless :)

re: tysm!! right??? that's such a cool coincidence, and thank you for wishing me a happy bday! ahah sending the love right back to u ;)
    and that's totally fine!! take as much time as u need, that's always a priority!

• Starlitskies

Oh and I absolutely love the title! :)

• Starlitskies

Omigosh Remi, this is so so beautiful! I adore this and the third paragraph literally took my breath away! The ending is resounding and the footnotes so relatable.
    And oh my gosh so so sorry that I'm late, but Happy Birthday! Hope you had a blast! You deserve the world!!! And keep on being the awesome person you are! Love you loads! <3<3<3

• useless :)

re: yay XD i worried it was like tomorrow or something. congrats tho!! and no problem ;)

• useless :)

i hope it's today...i think you said it was but that'd be embarrassing XD

• useless :)

hi!! you haven't posted another piece yet so i'll just say this here and then if you do i'll say it again ;)
    HAPPY BDAYYY

• Rachaelgrace

This is so gorgeous! I love the imagery. Thank you so much for the kind words on my piece :)

• Parisienne

re: thank you so much!!! <3 hope you have a great day :)

• Parisienne

THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!

• Yellow Sweater

Re: Thank you so much! You totally should write a poem! And I agree with you about the stars.

As for the questions Sophia asked: It really depends on the day and how much homework I have, but I'd say on average a half an hour to an hour. A lot of that is consumed by writer's block though. Lol.

As for advice, ok, this might sound a little pretentious and abstract, but don;t be afraid of contradiction. I think oxymoron and juxtaposition are some of the most powerful literary tools.

• useless :)

re: thank you so much for the input!! those are rlly good ideas for the man...i'll have to think about what i'm gonna do. i was planning on having the main characters think that those ppl are good and work with them for a while, basically helping their ''cause'' so i guess that's kinda like what you were saying for the second part...not sure if i'd make them totally believe in it once they found out tho, that'd complicate things and i'm not that good at writing stories yet...but we'll see (maybe whenever i do work out the plot it'll be clearer)

• useless :)

re: lol noo, i just realized the whole 'black tendril' choking stuff kinda leads up to him having a ton of power and magic...i kinda just thought it was a cool way to put it in the moment. hmm. yk, it would help if i had any sort of plot in mind, but again, kinda just wrote this randomly and with no clue of what would happen after XD. the story itself is gonna be based on a magic-y type thing, probably involving the elements...tho ik that's also common in stories, but i'm short on creativity rn lol. maybe i could make him not have magic...or maybe i could have him lose his magic? idk, also i realized this is kind of a rant srry haha. if you think of anything i'd rlly appreciate any ideas you might have!! (it's completely fine if u don't have any, i'm only asking bc i myself don't have that many rn lol)

• Ye_Old_Fountain_Pen

Re: You're super welcome (:

• useless :)

re: thank you and np! <3

• Ye_Old_Fountain_Pen

Gosh I like your writing! And I had totally forgotten that a flock of crows is called a murder XP Seriously though, you know how to take the image of something tangible and cause an abstract effect in readers (if that makes sense). The use of umbrellas all opening at once, wind through the hair, etc. are great examples of what I mean. Keep it up!

Re: You're welcome ^u^

• useless :)

oh wow i love this...the imagery is gorgeous. the line zinniav quoted is especially beautiful, but the whole thing is really good. the simplicity of just stating the two ideas at the end is powerful too, a really great way to finish. such a cool take on the prompt!

Oh my gosh I'm OBSESSED with this!! I freaking love where you took the prompt.

• Yellow Sweater

Also this is lovely and so prfound. I partiularily liked: "Freedom is the thing of the wind through my hair, my nana's cool wrinkled hands on my cheeks, the crowd of people opening their umbrellas all at once like a murder of crows taking flight." Beautiful images, they make my heart skip!

• Yellow Sweater

Re: Thank you so much. You literally made my day:) I hope I go on to do great things with my writing because I was just writing a collage admissions essay and I told them I want to pen the Summa Theological of my day. lol. Thanks again, really.