gabimarie

~ 16 ~
she/her/hers
occasional nerd
future songwriter

any feedback is very appreciated; thank you!

The One

2
We've all got stories. The stories we tell to our parents on the way home. The stories we tell with our favorite people, laughing with our friends. The stories we plan to tell our children and grandchildren. We look around us and we see the people that shape us and the stories we tell. We see our teachers and our friends and our mentors and the people we don't like. They make us who we are. They are our stories. In ten years, twenty years, thirty years, we will still tell the stories about how we met our first love, when we failed our first test, when we had our hearts broken, when we fought with our parents, when we faced our demons, when we won our battles. Those are our stories. Our children will hear how brave we were and how scared we were and how passionate we are.
It all comes down to the people around us. Our teachers. Our friends. Our family. They are our stories. They are our memories. They are us. They are why we are brave and scared and passionate. I just have one question.
Could I be the one that you talk about in your stories? The stories that you tell your parents on the way home? The stories you tell your friends? The stories you will tell to your children and grandchildren? Could I be the one that lives on through your stories?

• BriRiley

Wow I love this! Great message! :)