Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

Thank you all so so much for 103 followers!!! Actually my wish was to have 100 followers by the end of my journey here(turning 19 in eight months *sigh*) and this is such a beautiful surprise awww.

I really want to write a piece for this but just don't feel quite inspired recently so I'm republishing my song. I'll do this formally once I create something!

Again, tons of thanks from me <3

Take care everyone!!!

Love Is Just A Game(with a YouTube link!!!)

LINK IS HERE!!! -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gWtb7uib44 

Verse 1:
I, falling into the night
Reaching for my light
In your eyes, yeah yeah

I, have never felt this before
Running through the tide
Hoping it will be alright

Pre-chorus 1:
Picking colours on my keyboards
I tried to write a song about you
Asking myself its worth
Coz you never spoke the truth
Please, don't hold on
Now I have to say bye and go --

Chorus:
Looking for paradise with someone else
Faking a smile of pain I don't think you can tell
Pick up the pieces of a broken heart for myself
And I will, I will

Rise above my ashes that remain
Find a place where nobody knows my name
Things would be easier, easier, easier
If I had known better that love is just a game

Verse 2:
You, always drive me insane
But you've got your rein
In the back of my mind

You, can't stop ruining my days
There's a price to pay
You don't deserve what you take

Pre-chorus 2:
Picking colours on my keyboards
I tried to write a song about you
Asking myself its worth
Coz you never spoke the truth
Yea, it still hurts
But I've learnt to say bye and go --

Chorus:
Looking for paradise with someone else
And I will, I will

Rise above my ashes that remain
Find a place where nobody knows my name
Things would be easier, easier, easier
If I had known better that love is -- 

Looking for paradise with someone else
And I will, I will

Rise above my ashes that remain
Find a place where nobody knows my name
Things would be easier, easier, easier

Outro:
Just a game~

Ooooooh~

If I had known better, if I had known better...

This is finally out!!!

I wrote the lyrics and the melody, and a friend helped me with the music arrangement :)

I thought I was gonna miss the competition ddl but fortunately here we are :D

Hope this works :)

• spidygurl

Coming here soo late but I absolutely loveee thiss!! It is sooo beautifull!!

I love this so much- the message is important and you get that across so poetically. "Looking for paradise with someone else/Faking a smile of pain I don't think you can tell/Pick up the pieces of a broken heart for myself" was my favorite. and your voice- ohhh my it's so beautiful!!! I've listed to you singing like three times on repeat- you're amazing!
    RE: Aww thank you!
    And of course! :)

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

This is really good! The beat and music to this song was amazing. I loved it so much! Keep on writing!

• Parisienne

re: awwhh thank you Zirong, that is so kind!! I am glad you enjoyed it :D.
    Don’t worry arguing with parents is our role in this life haha!!! It’s good if you’re similar though, that helps with empathising.
    Go for a piercing if you want it!! Please don’t worry because it honestly doesn’t hurt. Yes, it would totally be a gap year activity, will you take your year out after college or before? What are your plans for your gap year (so exciting!!)?
    Yes, I can’t imagine getting a tongue stud either. She is totally piercing crazy tho, and it really suits her. She’s fine now, thank you, the pain faded within a few days (although her mum got really angry when she found out).
    Take care of you with revision Zirong! I have all my exams coming up too, so I’ve been madly revising as well. Good luck with your tests, I am sure you will do amazingly!!
    Thank you for your kind words about going back, I am super nervous now! It’s just been so long in lockdown that I am nervous about being back in normal life (which sounds stupid but it’s true). Thank you so much for being so sweet! I hope it will go well too :).
    Good luck with your exams and hope you have an enjoyable term too!! Take care of you and message me if you need to rant at someone.
    (sorry for not replying quicker btw, my schoolwork suddenly piled up)
    *hug × 100* love,
    Becca xo

• Quirky_Chaos

Hi! just letting you know, a new lennon and sophia piece is out!!

• SamRose

Re: Aw, thx! For both the things you said XD

• Sophiascb

re: thank you, I'm so glad you liked it! And good luck with your Audition, that's amazing!
    I love this piece! anddd sadly i can relate. The line, "I tried to write a song about you" is just so simple but beautiful at the same time. ;)

• ~Zoe~

re: Thank you so much

• løne wølf

re: my apologies for replying so late; i'm going to be on semi-hiatus again for a bit. i will definitely inform you if i plan on writing a fanfic :) i'm so glad your writer's block is beginning to ebb; take advantage of it! your ideas will flow better if you just start writing. some websites like "fighter's block" and "zenwriter" are pretty helpful at providing a nice and motivational atmosphere so that writers who are feeling uninspired can get a few words down. have a nice day! <3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Aw thanks, I'm glad your enjoying it, keep checking back for more because the next one's gonna bring A LOT of reveals, if I can fit the word count XD But definitely the get to together will happen. Oh that's cool! Yeah we do, kinda mandetory XD

• Wisp

Replying: Aw thank you so much! That's so sweet of you! And yeah of course, this song was truly breathtaking! Hope you have a wonderful day as well! :)

re: oh thank you! (but follow your dreams, be a writer if that's what you want:))

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Don't worry about it, there is a conflict, and that means a lot you read them all :) Tennis, that's cool! Thanks, I practically have been doing both since I could walk XD I also may try track, most soccer players are good at track because we run so much in soccer :)

• Parisienne

Re: awwwwhhh Zirong thank you so much your comment is so kind!!! I am so glad you liked ‘definition’. Honestly, your comments make my day so thank you! You are most amazing poet, writer and (slightly older) sis too and love youuu <3
    Yes, my mum is amazing at that sort of thing and I am glad you liked the story about the prediction gone wrong! Yes, it’s a shame that pessimism always succeeds in people’s predictions, but at least the woman was all right in the end (and had a successful career) to boot.
    Wow your mum sounds awesome, my mum would never watch rap shows with me haha. It’s nice if you have a similar taste in music too :D. That’s lovely that she’s so open minded, especially if most Asian parents are not! That would explain why you are so independent and creative :D. About getting your ears pierced, don’t worry! I got mine done when I was sixteen (so a lot later than most girls over here) on my way back from college one day. I was so nervous, but I went on my own so at least there was no one there to panic me. It really, really doesn’t hurt– you can sort of feel this warm sensation (IK that probs sounds weird but that’s what it was like) as the piercing goes into your skin but it fades quickly and it is not painful at all. I’d say if you want it then go for it (although I’ve only had my firsts done – I’m too scared to go for the more painful ones). My best friend is a piercing maniac, she gets a new one done about once a month and even has a tongue stud!! Wouldn’t recommend a tongue piercing though, as we went out for pancakes after she’d got it done and it was so painful, she couldn’t eat anything except very melted ice cream.
    I hope you are okay too. How’s school at the moment, any less stressy? I’m going back to college on March 8th and though I am really excited I’m also sort of nervous because it’s been so long. Yes, please write, your work is truly inspirational. Thank you for your kind encouragement and for being there for me. I’m here for you too, *hug*
    Take care,
    Becca <3 <3

• AugustLiao24601

Re: hii!
    Nice to see a fellow INTJ; I can't find one in where I live haha
    This is actually really impressive! Thanks for writing something that warms my heart!
    By the way, I'm really interested in songwriting too. I'm okay with writing lyrics, but the music composing part is pretty challenging to me. I don't even know how people can come up with beautiful melodies and the background music from scratch. Can you, like, give some advises if you're okay with it? Thanks very much :)))))

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Yeah, I also do soccer because I know for sure I want to play it and/or water polo in college, but pro I'm not so sure. Thank you, I hope my college dreams at least come true! :) Do you plan to play any sports in college ?

• Wisp

Your voice is literally gorgeous oh my goodness. The way it brought the song together is just breathtaking and it made it even more mesmerizing. Literally, if I heard this song on the radio or something, I would store it in my notes and then replay it over and over at home. I love the lyrics, and I love the melody of your voice, and I love how this whole thing is beautifully executed. This whole thing is brilliant and I just don't know what else to say because it left me speechless.
    Also congratulations on 100!! I'm glad your wish came true!

• nolongeractive

This is so great; my new song called 'the farm' is out now if you wanna check it out!

• nolongeractive

Wow, thank you sooooo much. Your words mean absolutely everything to me and I appreciate it so much. You have so much talent. My new song, 'the farm' will be out later and I hope that, if you have time, you would like to review it?
    Xo.

• Booklover12

Re: Thank you so much!

• Parisienne

Re: Thank you so much Zirong you are honestly so kind!! Your comments literally make my day <3. Yes, overthinking definitely seems to be a writers problem – but also a strength I think :D.
    Yes, my mum is really into star signs and that sort of thing, she can do charts and even predict futures. She doesn’t do it anymore, though, because she once did a friend’s future and saw that they would be majorly involved with drugs. She told the friend’s mother and they all spent years worrying as the girl grew up, thinking she would one day swing off the rails and get addicted to drugs. But…..she became a pharmacist!!! They had all presumed she would be negatively involved with drugs, but she actually ended up helping to heal people. Anyway, sorry that was probably a really boring anecdote, but I always think that story is so interesting for how predictions can be misinterpreted :D. Yes I am lucky that I have a few common interests with my family – do you?
    Your story of flying solo is so adorable….you seem so sweet! Don’t worry I am sure he won’t have minded the accident occurring. Ah you see, you are a brave solo flyer too!! Yes the sight of the alps was so beautiful and vivid, the lakes were this amazing azure colour and everything was tinged with the sepia dust on the window so it looked like a filter.
    Glad you haven’t been hurt by love and yes, I ADORE your theory. I might re-read it now actually because it just makes SO much sense and was so beautiful!!
    It’s so nice chatting to you too and your work astounds me every time! I’m sorry if you’re suffering for inspiration at the moment, if it helps my artwork really seems to be going down the drain right now! I think it’s just the pressure of knowing I have to get my technique to degree standard within the next six months. Anyway, I am sure something will inspire you soon and I am excited to see what you write about it as a result!!
    Have a great day and love you lots *hug hug*
    Becca xo <3

• nolongeractive

Re: Thanks so much, that means more to me than you will ever know. And yes, for this melody, I was kind of thinking of one kinda similar to that of Billie Eilish's, 'listen before i go' - if you haven't heard that song, I definitely recommend listening to it.

• nolongeractive

I think that this might be one of the best pieces I have seen on this platform. It is so deep and meaningful in unexplainable ways, as it captivated with its descriptions of ordinary feelings that often aren't brought up in today's world. This is so lovely! Such relatable and special words. If you would like to review one of my songs, I would love more reviews on mine called 'butterfly sadness,' 'gatekeeper,' and 'motif.' Much love! Also, if you want editing or songwriting help [OR WANT TO COLLABORATE ON A SONG], please don't hesitate to reach out.

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you so much for the review!!!!!!
    Also, this song is amazing!!!!

• Parisienne

Re: awwhh thank you so much Zirong. I really hope you had a mini-miracle too <3
    True – there is a major difference between the use of a perfect decision. You don’t exactly want to spend hours debating which pizza topping to go for but it’s useful for picking a college (:D). Yesssss, star signs are so fun. My sister adores them too and my mum is a real expert on them, so I just ask her about it.
    Honestly same, I don’t get the whole alcohol thing. Give me coffee any day!!! Or hot chocolate or even herbal tea. Omg wouldn’t it be hilarious if I went to a club and asked for a herbal tea hahaa!
    Thank you for calling me brave and independent – it was literally only the flights I had to do alone as my sister picked me up at the other end :D so I’m not really that brave. But thank you! Well, I haven’t ever travelled outside of Europe, so you are a lot braver than me for going on longer flights :). I have so many amazing pictures of clouds from aeroplanes too!! We flew over the alps once and the sight of the mountains and lakes below was so utterly breathtaking. Don’t you just love that moment when the plane breaches out of the clouds and suddenly they’re all below you and its only the endless blue up above? I feel like that’s what heaven will look like. I hope so anyway :D.
    Ahhhh come to a UK uni!!!!! We could study together you never know!! You literally have the pick of the world with your languages, I hope you find a place you’re happy in though! I agree dorm life does seem so fun, but we could do without the sleep deprivation :D.
    Zirong your explanation for true love is so beautiful. I just reread it 3 times and yelled ‘Yes’ out loud lol!! That is sooo true….I can’t even explain how much sense that makes to me and how perfect your ides is!!! Especially the bit at the end where you said a lot of people just pick someone who isn’t meant for them because they love them or because of social norms. So true!!! Wow pls do a TED talk on this, I would listen to it!! You are so clever and I just adore your ideas :).
    Talking about love does hurt more than it heals (I hope this doesn’t mean you’ve been hurt by love :(). But it’s the only way to move on as well :).
    Take care of you and have a great day :D. Love chatting with you Zirong and your ideas are just *star eyes*
    Becca <3 <3

• In Which Yaya Writes

I'm in the car right now so I'll listen to the song later, but I really want to hear it!! I love these lyrics, even though I typically don't like break-up songs. I agree with your twin, the line "Picking colours on my keyboards!" Great job!
    Also, may I ask, is "Zirong," your real name? I know some people don't have their real name as their profile name (like me, hehe). Just wonderin'!
    Replying: Speechless, wow! Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it!
    The title, really? On another site, I changed it to "The Beasts," but I like this one, too. I'm glad you found my page!

• Parisienne

Re: thanks, zirong and pls don't worry about replying quickly if you're too busy. I hope you're having a good day too :)

• Starlitskies

Omg Zirong, this is amazing! And I'm not just saying it, I actually really mean it. Your voice is beautiful! And the lyrics as well,
    "Picking colours on my keyboards" - This is magnificent.
    I definitely think you have a huge chance of winning! So proud of my twin sis! <3

• Vanessa Wang

Wow, a great song! Stunning!

• løne wølf

and I am back to this piece for the heck of hearing your stunning voice again; you should really consider being a professional singer!! the music arrangement and lyrics, combined with the passion and emotion in your voice- ahhhh! i'm adding this song to my youtube music playlist, if that's okay with you! <3

re: thank you for your kind words, and don't thank me for saying the truth! :)

• Parisienne

Heyy, just wanted to let you know I've added you to my bio -LMK if it sounds good :D. Hope you're having a good day/night, love you lots *hug*

• Treblemaker

*Applauds!!* what a beautiful and powerful chorus from start to finish. You have a bunch of really well written lines and the imagery that went with it was amazing. (also what a beautiful voice/music arrangement!)

Re: Awe tysm! And np!

• Avril

Beautiful Song! I loved the recording ;)

• Parisienne

Re: aww thank you so much, I am glad you liked it! <3
    Wow so you already are a singer – good because you definitely should be with a voice like that :). I don’t actually talk to her, unfortunately, though I am pretty sure I have read some of her work. I’ll leave you as twin sisters and add you to my bio as ‘my close friend, travel buddy and the brilliant poet Zirong.’ Because that’s just what you are to me! Aha you’re a Libra, I am a typical Scorpio (please don’t be scared – I know we seem terrifying but we’re just secretive and totally intense). Okay I’ll add in the John green appreciation society thing too because that’s just too cute.
    Yes I am really hoping to live as an artist and writer in Paris one day *sigh* and yes you HAVE to come visit if I do. Nyhaven is so beautiful, I hope you did visit it (it’s one of those classic tourist spots, I tripped practically every five paces over someone doing an Instagram selfie when I was just trying to go back to our hotel haha :D). Belgium chocolate sounds so good, and we’ve got to indulge in hot dogs when in Germany too <3.
    I remember the cycle lanes there too, it’s a great way to get around whilst also avoiding air pollution. I was lucky enough to travel solo out to the Netherlands a few years ago to stay with my sister in our cousin’s house (whilst she was away). They adore cycling there too, in fact even more so than the Danish. I barely left the saddle the whole time I was there haha :D.
    Your prompt idea sounds sooo interesting and yes OF COURSE I would write about Paris! Those responses really would be adorable. Can’t wait until you put it out on the site.
    It would be so sweet if we could study together and yes you must visit one day :D, you’d love it.
    That’s actually so adorable that you’re saying my name and wishing I’d respond aww. I AM RESPONDING HEYYY ZIRONG. Can you hear me? I tried to yell so loud that you’d hear me in another time zone (sorry if I woke you up haha :D). Your name sounds so pretty too, although I would probably pronounce it wrong (English accents always make foreign names sound ugly).
    Your gap year sounds SO GOOD *jealous eyes*, are you going to be doing it before or after you go to college. I really want a gap year out travelling but none of my friends are keen *sigh* so I am hoping to meet people at uni who are as mad about travel as me!
    I’m sorry school was hard (yesterday, today? This time zone thing is so confusing), and definitely take a night off you deserve it! Take care of you! Love you lots *hug hug* and seeing as it will probably be day by the time you are reading this have a great day too <3 <3

• LadyBug...

Re: yeah, I used to play flute in the school band. I'm glad you think it turned out cool.

• Jo Rejoicing [ChildOfGod]

Wow. You have a beautiful voice! And great job on the lyrics.

• McK13

Re: aww thank you so much!! I really appreciate it :)

• Jasmin khawar

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Your voice is sweet as hell! I'm jealous XD
    I loved the lyrics, melody, your voice and everything about this song!!! <33

• Parisienne

YOUR VOICE IS STUNNING ZIRONG OMG!!!!! Wow, have you considered adding professional singer to your list as well as writer and poet - because you should! I have such a talented travel buddy and fellow member of the John Green appreciation society! This is so beautiful :D
    re: You needn't have worried - the arrangement sounds perfect to me! Love how well the backing track compliments your voice (honestly I am your No 1 fan right now!) YES YOU ARE MY OTHER SISTER!!! Gotta be my twin though, as we are born so close haha. 'Yea being an adult is definitely tiring so I hope I can get a job I am truly passionate about so that I can at least slave away my days in a happier way haha XD' honestly same - I think work is so important for contributing to our happiness (otherwise we're just trading our days for things and what is the point in that!) I'm glad the academic pressure is not as bad for you as it is in China (phew!) but still take care of you and I'm very lucky to have you as a friend too *hug, hug*.
    Such a shame you didn't manage to visit the art galleries in Paris, they are truly wonderful. But the city itself is the best bit so at least you saw that! I plan on living there one day (if all goes well) so just come and visit me and we'll go around all of them! I went to the little mermaid too (she's so beautiful isn't she) and yes Copenhagen really did feel like a magical fairytale. I loved Nyhaven - did you get a chance to visit? my hotel was in that area so we had a stunning view every time we opened the curtains. haha I LOVE your foodie obsession (same here tbh) and yes I hear Belgium chocolate is everything! Such a shame your tour was so rushed, but I'm sure you'll be able to return to the places you loved and do them at a leisurely pace (maybe we could go together and feed our foodie obsessions!) 'I feel that France is romantic and slow-motion, Germany is really wild and straightforward, Belgium is like a little kid who cannot let go of his sweets, and Copenhagen is both classical and fairytale-like but the fairytales in it are not only for children but adults as well...' omg this is a stunning description of these countries! It reminds me of that post you did about Madrid not minding if you come home late - you capture the character of cities so beautifully Zirong :)
    Sorry I wasn't sure if you had Sixth form colleges in Singapore (I just specified because I didn't want you thinking I meant college as in the place where you do a degree). Yes Sixth form college is basically just the place you can go to get A levels, but it's so unlike a normal school. The freedom and fun is unlike anything I've ever experienced in education before. Thank you, I hope I return soon too. :D
    Well Zirong is a gorgeous name, but its nice if you have an english one too (the surname Lovera sounds so romantic - like a character from a fairytale :D)
    I don't mind which one we use Zirong for our bio's. You pick if you like! :D
    OOOOOOOH you're doing a gap year!! Are you travelling (*jealousy floods into my eyes*) or working? If the UK is on your list let me know and I'll grab sky and the fish n chips :D.
    I'm hungry too haha, almost lunch here so I better go grab something to eat! Noodles are still a good, I mean you can use them for going with any meal! Ahh noodles - now I am really hungry (foodie confirmation XD).
    No worries about replying quickly Zirong, I completely understand (if I wasn't in lockdown I probably wouldn't be so quick at responding myself haha), have a good few days and I hope school goes well. Chat soon and take care.
    Becca xo <3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: That means a lot to me thankyou.

Lovely! Your voice is beautiful ^^ Congrats on being a new CA!

• useless :)

this is so powerful...and the concept, lyrics, and ur voice are all gorgeous. the message is so raw and beautifully expressed...i love this!! good luck ;)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

You have a beautiful voice. This is a wonderful song and has such a catchy tune. I adore this!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! The concept is fantastic.

• Blue Jay

Beautiful lyrics, and beautiful voice and song too! Good luck on the competition
    re: thank you so much!

• LadyBug...

Oh my goodness! Your song is so beautiful, audio and words! You have such a pretty voice!

• McK13

This is so beautiful!! I absolutely love all of the lyrics! This song is so powerful, honest, and incredibly expressed. I especially love the pre-chorus and your gorgeous voice just makes it 10x better! I'm going to be playing this song for a long, long time! Good luck in the competition -- I really hope you win :)

• løne wølf

you have a beautiful voice, and the lyrics are lovely! <3