Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alum
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

I've been doing covers for so long a while that I almost forgot I'm a songwriter too...
This is my very first formal attempt at writing English songs(I've written quite a number of Chinese songs)
I hope the lyrics work
Music arrangement is on its way -- hopefully the melody works too *worried*

Love Is Just A Game(with a YouTube link!!!)

Verse 1:
I, falling into the night
Reaching for my light
In your eyes, yeah yeah

I, have never felt this before
Running through the tide
Hoping it will be alright

Pre-chorus 1:
Picking colours on my keyboards
I tried to write a song about you
Asking myself its worth
Coz you never spoke the truth
Please, don't hold on
Now I have to say bye and go --

Chorus:
Looking for paradise with someone else
Faking a smile of pain I don't think you can tell
Pick up the pieces of a broken heart for myself
And I will, I will

Rise above my ashes that remain
Find a place where nobody knows my name
Things would be easier, easier, easier
If I had known better that love is just a game

Verse 2:
You, always drive me insane
But you've got your rein
In the back of my mind

You, can's stop ruining my days
There's a price to pay
You don't deserve what you take

Pre-chorus 2:
Picking colours on my keyboards
I tried to write a song about you
Asking myself its worth
Coz you never spoke the truth
Yea, it still hurts
But I've learnt to say bye and go --

Chorus:
Looking for paradise with someone else
And I will, I will

Rise above my ashes that remain
Find a place where nobody knows my name
Things would be easier, easier, easier
If I had known better that love is -- 

Looking for paradise with someone else
And I will, I will

Rise above my ashes that remain
Find a place where nobody knows my name
Things would be easier, easier, easier

hope this works :)

• kathryn siena

re:thanks so much!
    this is so beautiful!!!

• Parisienne

Re: Thank you so much!!! I am glad if you liked it! Love your ideas too :D
    You will sound great even if it is acapella, I’m sure! Such a shame that your friend didn’t get it done in time though. Don’t worry – mine will be acapella too as the only instrument I can play is the trumpet and that’s not the best for backing :D.
    ‘I just feel my mind is much clearer when all the chaos in the day are away!’ omg that is so beautiful and true! Love that you had hotpot with friends…sounds so fun :D!! IK what you mean about wanting to grow up when you’re younger and then regretting it once you are older…but I really love the independence. I’m sorry your high school is so stressy – I’ve heard that the schools in Asia work you insanely hard. TAKE CARE OF YOU!!! Your kind words make my day, aww love you too <3.
    The takeaway was gorgeous, the spring rolls completed my life! Singapore sounds so fun, like a fusion of west and east. I am sooo visiting one day to try chicken rice and roti prata, one day if you come to England I’ll cook you a roast and we’ll get fish and chips by the sea :D. I can’t imagine just one city making up a country, WOW! Must be a very big city!! Have you visited any countries near to yours…Malaysia seems amazing?!
    ‘your dog must be as pretty as an azure with beautiful clouds ‘ this melts my heart <3. She is a very beautiful dog, means she gets away with anything!! That would be so adorable, although I warn you it rains a lot here :)
    Awww you are so kind, thank you! We must stay friends so we can send our writing to each other, that would just be adorable. <3
    Such a shame your holiday is almost over! I have next week off but as it’s lockdown all the weeks blur so much :(. Still, by early March hopefully I’ll actually have a life again :D. Your Valentine’s day celebration sounds really sweet…I’ll be watching a movie with my sister later and doing facemasks. I’ve never had a proper ‘valentine’ celebration either….maybe at uni!! <3
    That app sounds so lovely! What a sweet idea and yes I would love to write to you as well as emailing <3, what a lovely thought!! Of c I don’t mind you writing me into your bio, so sweet that you want to! Mind if I put you in mine? :D
    It was morning when you send that message (I’m embarrassed to say its now afternoon because I replied so slowly). I’ve baked some bread and walked sky (who is very excited to meet you one day). I just checked the time in Singapore and its night, so I hope you have a great night and day to follow. Love chatting with you Zirong. Btw, my real name is Becca – just realised I didn’t even tell you! :D. Also congrats on being a Community Ambassador - miss your old icon though, it was so pretty :)

• barelybear

Thanks! I think your rhymes in here are brilliant, especially “Running through the tide” and “Rise above my ashes that remain” because they have great imagery too :)

Omg now I’ve found 3 of the other CAs on here! (well I guess you did the finding this time lel)
    I’m also a libra! :)
    Gotta track down the other Americans now lmao...

Also, are you and starlitskies really twin sisters? Or is it WtW twins?

Re: Thank you! I'm looking around, but I'm not sure where yet....

This piece is beautiful! Can't wait to see a recording!

replying:thank you so much

• Parisienne

re: I love what you said about moving on and fate! I agree that they are still in our minds, even if not our actual lives anymore!! Your explanation of fate is just….gorgeous! So, you believe that our lives are made up of decisions that are all lined up in a row like dominoes and are kick-started by a higher power? What a beautiful idea!!! I have never thought of it in that way before but I LOVE it!
    I am ALWAYS open for a deep chat (especially with you, after seeing your reply to this one – your ideas are really interesting!) I think philosophy is irrational, just like life is! Emotions are the only rational thing we really have which is why I think the mediums that express them (art, music, writing, dance, theatre) are so important!
    Thank you for your kind words on my idea of a recording…I may well do one in the next couple of days! I know what you mean about writing more evocatively when depressed – I do the exact same thing! Also late at night for some reason is also the best time for me to create. Yes, real-life experiences are sooo important and make for the best writing! :D
    Thank you for your kind words…How did last nights celebrations go? Such a shame we have to grow older, especially if you are less rich off of Hongbao (just realized I now know another Chinese word…Yay!!!) OMG I would love that…ahhh….let’s both get rich and just travel and live in art galleries and cafes and libraries XD. I would of course remember you, and visit you in Singapore because I could afford a ticket out there haha :) We are actually having the takeaway tonight (IK, my family got the wrong evening…shameful). So I’m looking forward to munching on spring rolls tonight! Yesss crispy duck and seaweed is the best! What sort of food do you eat in Singapore (if you don’t mind me asking?), and also are you in the city or the countryside? I live in the rural South of England – in case you were wondering!
    Yess Sky (that’s my dogs name) would love to meet you I am sure! Imagine if you visited and it was a snow day…that would be so fun!
    I’m sure whatever you want will be your future reality! Yes just chuck a dog into that vision and you’re good to go. My dog HATES cats but maybe that’s because we don’t have one in the house. It’s actually quite funny, all the neighbour’s cats down my street (of which there are a surprisingly large amount) all sit out on their front drives when I go to walk my dog. She goes crazy, practically dragging me down as she barks at them all :D.
    I would love to be a writer as well (thank you, you’re so sweet *air hug*) but I have never managed a complete book. I have so many ideas and I just want to chuck them all at the page at once, so unfortunately I just end up with a lot of unfinished stories. Maybe one day I will be more patient and professionally write, until then I will just have to enjoy reading all your books :D
    Thank you sooooo much for all of YOUR encouragement and support. Your messages make my day!!! IK, if only all Social media could be this beautiful *heart eyes*
    Have a WONDERFUL day <3 <3 <3

• Nikki (not as active but i shall be back soon)

Re: firstly thank you! also i'm glad i guessed correctly!
    alsoooo, thank you for the follow :3

ahhhh this is so good,so beautiful. i love the 1st verse so much

omg! you are such a talented writer! this song... *sighs*. it reminds me of broken love that cant be fixed. i hope that's an okay assumption :D lovely song!
    All the best for the competitionnnn!

• Ye_Old_Fountain_Pen

Re: Thanks so much! I haven't done much songwriting so structuring my song was one of my main concerns. You've structured this song really well! Also the English is perfect, it's really cool that you can write in different languages. Keep up the good work! :D

• Parisienne

RE: You are so kind! Thank you. Wonder if it’s the same tune or not that I’ve got going in my head :D, I might put a vimeo of me singing it on here but I’m a bit nervous of my voice being out there in the world….we’ll see!
    Yes I guess you could say they are both related – though not exactly on purpose. It’s the same story in both, the story of what happened to me. I guess I only know how to write from the heart (even if its majorly depressing!). But I’m really glad you liked it, I adore this piece too – you have such a way with words Zirong!!!
    Aha love that you’re in that HOLIDAY mood, I hope you have a great time celebrating tonight (or probably right now because of the time difference!) Wishing you a happy, healthy and fun Chinese New Year (IK that’s normally what you say to people for real new year’s, but we weren’t friends back then, so I wanted to say it now!) Your trip out for last Chinese new years sounds soooo fun, I am really jealous! Such a shame you can’t do something similarly fun this year, but I guess you’ll be celebrating it for many more years to come. I had to look up what Hongbao meant, but I think the tradition sounds really nice (ah you rich kid – remember me when you are a multimillionaire!) To be honest, I completely understand why you would just want to sleep this year haha, may as well get some rest if you can’t go and celebrate! We are having Chinese takeaway tonight (honestly, the whole country is in lockdown and I can’t go to college but you can still go and buy a Chinese takeaway – logic? I love crispy duck best of all but seaweed is also DIVINE.
    You’re right, maybe if I stayed in the Alps for Christmas I would get to have a white one. Yes snow is great fun (love your comment about wanting summer back when its cold, though :D), my dog goes mad and tries to eat the falling flakes. Of course you can play with her one day! She loves meeting new people and will play with anyone (although I warn you, she can be utterly insane XD).
    Don’t worry, pets are hard to care for – especially when you’re young. I’m sure you would be much better at caring for them now that you are older! Dogs are great fun and cats are independent and sweet. I can picture the scene, a little (grey?) cat sleeping peacefully on top of one of your manuscripts in some dreamy apartment. Or maybe you’re more of a dog person?
    Thank you for your compliments about me being an artist and writer. You are so kind *air hug*. So looking forward to reading your books one day! :)
    I think the monotone voice might be a history teacher thing tbh haha, especially if you suffer from the same issue too! Maybe they get taught in history lectures how to make their voice extra boring? Thank you, I hope things improve a lot here too! I also hope your country is okay xo
    You seem really smart from your writing, so I am sure you are more than capable of achieving whatever you want from high school. The work is stressy though, I do agree. So much to remember!! You’ll be great and I am so glad you have all the support you need, but if you need someone else I am right here!! IK this site really is so beautiful, I wish all social media could be like this.
    So happy we can talk too…love knowing more about you as well. I hope you have a nice New Years celebration! Have a great day :D <3

• The Inky Writer

These lyrics are stunning! :)

• jubileesong42

re: yeah, the chorus is based loosely off the book

• Ava Marie

Also, I wrote a short story a while ago, and would really appreciate it if someone would review it. It's called "The Thought of Freedom" and it's a holocaust based story, so if you like that genre of writing please go check it out.

• Ava Marie

Umm, it definitely works. You have real talent! I would write you a review, but I seriously don't think it needs one. I wish I could write songs. Good luck in the competition!

This is so fricken good! You are so so talented! Ok wow!

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

re: aw, thank you!
    re re: wow that is awesome! mandarin, to me, seems like one of the most difficult languages to learn, but any language that doesn't use the English alphabet intimidates me. i was actually born in China and adopted, but i came to the US when i was less than a year old, so i have no recollection or knowledge of culture/language/anything. i know cantonese is way different than mandarin, but i'm curious to hear from a native speaker... are they really that different? like, can you understand much cantonese at all?
    ooh, nice, sprinting! i wish i could. i mean, i'm not slow, but i'm not really built for sprinting. i think? come to think of it, idk exactly what the best sprinter's build is, but probably being 5'1" with short legs is not ideal XD but i definitely admire those with speed like you

• V-Rose

Hi! *waves excitedly* I'm so glad you liked Moonburn. To republish a piece, go to manage versions. It will take you to all your versions. Click where it says 'published' in the light green box and click 'unpublish'. Once it loads, click 'publish' again (pretty much the same steps as unpublish) and it will let you repost the piece. Let me know if I can clear anything else up for you! ;)

• Quirky_Chaos

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!! You deserve victory, my friend.
    Re: thank you so much for all your kind words on my pieces :)

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Wait you write songs in Chinese?! That’s awesome and very impressive! So you’re obviously fluent. Mandarin or Cantonese? Also I saw that you run track... what events?
    I’m a mid/long distance kinda girl myself. Hoping to do the 1600 and maybe 3200 this year.

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Oh my gosh the “colors on my keyboards” ack it’s so lovely
    On a related note, here’s the song “A Beautiful Ache” with ukulele! I also just published it.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RJmAWjJyhI9gLOO3N4Ywx4WyZ0Ar41M/view?usp=drive

• Parisienne

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! WOW YOU ARE SO TALENTED. I especially love 'Looking for paradise with someone else' and 'Faking a smile of pain I don't think you can tell'. So relatable and exquisitely poetic!
    Re: Thank you so much! I really wasn’t sure if ‘strangers’ was effective as a short story or not but I’m glad you liked it!
    Please don’t worry about replying quickly or not…its lovely hearing from you at all! Honestly same, I need peace and quiet and my laptop to be able to respond properly. I’m really sorry the last few days have been jumbled for you and hope that everything is much calmer and better for you by the time you read this *air hug*. Wow! Of course!! Chinese New Year must be wonderful where you are, are you doing anything special for it? In England we just tend to eat Chinese for the festival, but I don’t think that’s exactly the spirit behind it! :D.
    Yes, it was snowing (not anymore unfortunately)! I live in the warmer south of England so we don’t tend to get much snow (despite the classic English thing of having a white Christmas – I have never had one in all my eighteen years of hoping :(), but we did this week so it was lovely to go out in it! Summer ALL YEAR!!! Can’t imagine that at all but wow! Can’t imagine ever wearing a T-shirt in February haha. My dog is a labradoodle (utterly mad all the time, insanely fluffy, chases her tail and barks at anything!) She’s really beautiful though and very sweet. I’m with her now actually, she’s snoozing in the corner with her nose twitching hoping I’ll feed her soon….which I will. You had a hare?!! What a beautiful and interesting pet!! I’ve only seen wild ones but they seem so majestic and beautiful. Fair enough, I’m terrible at caring for plants (the only ones that have survived in my care are 3 cacti’s, and that’s only because they thrive off neglect :D) It’ll take me a while to learn French too, but yes it would be so sweet if we could talk in it one day. Yeah teaching gives so much time off – you could definitely publish a lot of books in the holidays! Good luck, I have no doubt you’ll be a fantastic author. Can’t wait to read all your books one day :D
    Yes I like the idea of doing two subjects in tandem, and I love English lit just as much as Art so pursuing a career in either fields would really be perfect! Yes that would be awesome!! I’d love to visit your country (it seems so interesting) and meeting you would be so fun! Thank you so much that is so kind! I write for my local newspaper already so hopefully I will progress from there. But thank you, you are so sweet and you give me so much encouragement <3 <3.
    Ah so the chewing gum thing was right…ngl I chew it all the time so I better not do that when I visit your country :D.
    I loved reading this! Are you going to publish a version of you singing it too or just this lyric version? Also in your bio it says you play flute – will there be a flautist solo in there too? (what a cool instrument to play btw, love it!). Tell me if I am using too many lazy English text talk phrases (btw, ngl and all of those) because I can only imagine how hard it is to write in a second language (though you seem to speak English better than a lot of English people :D) and I don’t want to make it any more difficult for you.
    Yes this lockdown is really hard, it’s the third one the UK has had and I really miss my normal life. Still, I am lucky to have my family around and online classes to keep up with (even though my history teacher has the most monotone voice EVER). WtW is just so wonderful, I’m glad if it’s helping you too. I know high school really is crazy – what stresses you: the work or the people? I love that you login to WtW in breaks, I do too after a day of online classes too. I agree, its just such a positive space and the people are so kind and inspiring!
    Your comments make my day too :). We have half term next week too, so I’ll probably be more online as well. Can’t wait to talk more, take care!! <3

• happygiggles

This is phenomenal! "Rise above my ashes that remain" that is SO powerful, go you!! Also, I don't know why, but I read these lyrics to the tune of "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift lol, you should give it ago! Surprisingly, it works well! xD