HelpMe512

Aro(?)/Ace
He/Him
Transphobes stay out
Joined September 2019

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes, is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

"With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite
How rare and beautiful it is to even exist"
-Saturn by Sleeping At Last.

"But there's a moment when you realize they're not superheroes or villains. They're painfully, unforgivably human. The question is can you forgive them for being human anyway?"
-Dry by Neal Shusterman

am i broken

18

sometimes i wonder
am i broken?

am i the shell of a boy
who was ripped from his childhood
leaving nothing but a trace
of his former self

i wanted to love
but love was twisted
into a weapon that left me
in ruins

do i not want to love
or do i just want to avoid
the sting of the blade
called love?

am i broken?
or can i not feel romantic love?

i don't know which is worse
new on river's existential crisis: am i aromantic, or just asexual with relationship trauma?

• February 11, 2021 - 11:20am (Now Viewing)

• beth r.

just noticed you've hit 275
    that's crazy- congrats and super proud!

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Not broken at all! I don't know if this relates to you at all, but I myself feel like I cannot love another. Not that way, I guess. It sometimes feels like a void in my heart when it comes to the feeling of 'love' or 'romance'. Sometimes it's just a matter of healing. One day you'll find someone who will bring the emotion back to life, I'm sure.

• beth r.

Dude you are so not broken
    I once heard this quote- "You aren't broken, just breaking through to a better tomorrow."
    as for this piece- gorgeous, as always.

• Jasmine khawar

You're not broken You're perfect and precious!! I'll always pray for you! hope you'll find an answer soon. I wanna hug you!!! (sorry it's weird I hate myself sometimes for this)
    All my love <33

• ☆TwinklingLights☆

exactly what useless :) said, it's not a choice, it's just who you are and as long as you're comfortable it's okay...even if you are scared right now, you are brave and you will come to figure it out
    again, not broken, and it's perfect as long as you're comfortable

• useless :)

this is a beautiful piece...and i agree with everything twinklinglights said. first, i basically don't have any knowledge on love at all, but i hate it when people think it's a choice, i have a friend who 's dealing with almost the same thing as you and i can tell he struggles with it a lot. even if it takes time to discover more about who you are, above anything else it's most important that you're comfortable with it. and about the poem, i doubt and question myself all the time, but talking with people about it really does help, and it's important to know you're not alone and certainly not broken. (idk if that sounds cringy but it's true lol) i really hope you do find an answer soon! anyway, amazing piece! :)

• ☆TwinklingLights☆

also, about your existential crisis:
    either one is perfect as long as you're comfortable :D <3

• ☆TwinklingLights☆

This is beautiful. let's get a few things straight
    first off, you are not broken. even if you sometimes feel broken, all injuries heal eventually. but you are not broken at all, you are not weird or odd or strange or freakish, you are perfect, there are 7 billion people in this world, and each person is part of that in one way or another.
    second, neither of those are worse or even bad. again, you're not broken, and if you feel broken, you can be healed. second, even if you can't/don't want to feel love like others do, there's other types of love, and people love you
    you are not broken whatsoever.

• BirdofPrey

re: thank you so much! yeah, its a bit annoying especially because they all think we just get up and decide to be different, its not our choice. also this piece is amazing! personally i think everyone is a bit broken but not a lot of people show it

this is beautiful. praying that you find an answer!! all my love and support :)) *insert virtual hug* (if you're comfortable with that haha!)

• ChimChim_1

Aww, you're making me cry. Im praying you'll find someone good for you.:3:3<3

• aaliyahh

this is amazing :)