Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*

~ On a short hiatus… see you Monday! ~

“The Lord is my Shepherd.”

-Psalm 23

Nightlights

Holding on for dear life 
Clutching, desperately 
So much has already vanished
Before my eyes
And I can’t lose them too
No, I will not lose them

Determined to build
Not break
Can’t fall
Must rise
Close my eyes and let the silence
Fill my ears
Grit my teeth
Shut out my fears

I’m not alone
Not alone

Laughter hidden behind masks
Eyes more tired
Than I’ve ever seen
People look... glassy
Behind screens 

It’s been eight weeks

Just have to keep reminding myself 
That I won’t lose this too
I can’t let myself 
No, I won’t give in
Deep breaths
Steady

Hope
The sun will rise again
The mist will clear
Soon
We will emerge 
Stronger

A new day is dawning
We have a chance to make things better
Hope
Hope that we will
Choose to be
Stronger

Gentle words
And resolute smiles
Memories
Despite the trials

They are nightlights in 
The dark room
Soft and sweet
Reminding me

I’m not alone

Thank you, mindfruit, for this beautiful and inspiring prompt! It really brought out emotions I hadn’t payed too much attention to.

2020 was hard, but we can learn from it. I’ve personally become aware of how thankful I am for the friendships I’ve made recently. I hope you know that I’m here for all of you. God loves you!

“Friends are like nightlights, flickering through the dark, reminding you that you aren’t alone.”
 -me

RE: Awwww, I'm so glad you like my comments!! And aww, of course! Take your time- I honestly should be working on my English assignment right now lolll! But I'm excited to know what you think!
    And haha, loll, I honestly didn't like sparring that much when I was younger but then all of a sudden I found it soo much fun when I left! I knoww- really bad timing! And haha, loll, I am not that athletic either! that's why I only played house league and on my school team! I just find it kind of fun sometimes to be able to actually push around you opponents (ok, I swear I'm not violent but it's just so much fun to tackle someone on the opposite team in rugby after they tried tackling you!) And haha, they are hilarious shows! you definitely should watch them at least once in your life! and oooh nice! Cookie dough is always super yummy! oooh, wait, I don't know why I asked this question because I'm totally blanking on an answer lolll- ok for something more normal I would say mango. But if I feel a bit more fancy pralines and cream is really nice (I know, I'm an old lady!)

Awww, yet another sweet poem of yours that goes from sad and builds up slowly to happy which is just awww makes any reader immediately smile. "People look... glassy/Behind screens " was an awesome description I really liked! And comparing people or things or hope in general to nightlights in the dark was so beautiful- I can not say that enough, like I honestly don't think a piece has made me as emotional as this one!

RE: Aww of course :) and awww, I’m so glad :)
    Hahah! And yeah, I can never decide on only one thing lol! Ooh, they’re all so much fun! I would have to say soccer is my favourite tho! And well, I was thinking about doing another martial art and my friend who I got my black belt with started doing kick boxing and told me about it so I thought it would be fun to do it with her! Plus, I wanted to do more self-defence stuff cause although taekwondo had sparring- a lot of it was also learning patterns (kind of like martial arts choreography lol)
    Haha, omg I used to LOOOVE that show sooo much! I don’t have cable either (Netflix and disney+ but I watch so much more t.v. because of it!) I love Brooklyn 99, The Office, Friends, Parks and Recreation, and Criminal Minds! As you can see I have a lot of favourites lol! ok, this is quite a different question but what’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

• ChimChim_1

Re: THANK YOU VERY MOCHI ^_^

• SamRose

Re: Aw, thx. That means a lot. :)

• SamRose

Re: Yeah, sometimes details can be tricky. XD Yeah, that would be cool. But obviously we can't send pictures on WtW. XD

• SamRose

Re: Yeah, maybe I'll try songwriting sometime. Who knows, maybe I am good at it? XD I like to draw all kinds of things. It depends on the medium. I like to draw people and animals, and I like to paint landscapes, flowers, fruits, desserts, etc. Depends on the kind of paint. Do you paint?

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

As a tribute to wonderful followers like you I have started the series about my life. Please check it out, enjoy and give suggestions.

• ChimChim_1

Re: REALLY?!! Thank you SOO much you made my day:3:3 glad you're doing good!!

• ChimChim_1

Re: Thanks, Im good, how are you?? P.s: Thanks for asking

• SamRose

Re: That's so cool! I would love to be able to write songs, but to be honest, I've never really tried. XD I do like to sing tho. Yeah, I am trying to write, but I keep procrastinating. XD I have been painting a lot lately, too. Do you like art?

• SamRose

Re: Thx. I hope I am XD but everyone is pretty at that age. What have you been up to? Are you still working on multiple books?

• SamRose

Re: I've been pretty good! Still writing, still procrastinating writing. What about you? And thx! It's of me when I was like seven. XD

• SamRose

This is beautiful! And hi there! Haven't talked in awhile. :)

• Livsnjutare

This is such a sad and beautiful poem! I love it!! XD

• bookmagic

re: That's great to hear. Also, I don't exactly know why I asked, I just had cheese on the mind. Sorry, this was super late.

• Renegade_Writer [ChildOfGod]

Yes! And thanks for joining! >>---\\\--->

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thank you for the kind comment! hope you're doing alright as well. i posted once again.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Alright! You can do it next! <3

• bookmagic

This is beautiful! I can't even think of anything else to say. Not even something weird like asparagus tastes like burnt blue cheese, which isn't even true.
    re: Thanks a lot and I'm doing pretty good, how are you. And because I just HAVE to ask a strange question: What's your favorite kind of cheese?

Re: Thank you!

• Renegade_Writer [ChildOfGod]

Hey girl I know you're a Christian like me so would you like to join an unofficial Christian writers group? Check out my piece "ATTENTION CHRISTIAN WTWERS" for more info!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: erm... *hides face* well...would you like to continue the letters thing again? .... *digs a grave and jumps in* i'll be here dying...

Hey mindfruit never told me that story...XD

• mindfruit (hiatus)

Re: Yep, no injuries, though the sting of embarrassment hurts just as much lol. At least it makes for a great story! Heheh, I'll make sure to share some more funny moments if we come across a topic that brings back a memory.
    Oh, I see. Well that's nobody's fault but the snow that you got thrown off :) and don't worry, I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a good sledder (save for those Olympic athletes). And wow, glad you didn't hit the car! That would've hurt a lot.
    Hazardous Sledders Club lol, I like that idea!
    Oh yeah, the mountains are so beautiful. I'll have to get a picture one day and put it up as my pfp!

this is amazing. and i felt this wayy too hard. something about it is really relatable--i love the title too.

aslo, Chapter 30 has been published for T&R. i published this earlier in the week but never got around to notifications. i havevnt been as active on here lately.

• mindfruit (hiatus)

Re: Of course :)
    Several inches, not bad. heheh it's fine, I'm a terrible sledder too. Actually (story time) my family and I went skiing once, and there was a sledding track, or whatever it's called. Anyways, it was snowing pretty hard, so the visibility wasn't very good, and as you know sleds are very difficult to control. So my brother and I were just sledding down and then we sorta hit one of the poles marking the boundary, fell off the track, and landed face first into a bunch of snow. Luckily it was powder so it didn't hurt too much, but it was crazy cold. Oh, and our sled fell down too and then continued off without us. It took us like five minutes to get back upright, and then we had to run down the rest of the track because, well, no sled. So don't worry, I don't think you messed up as much as I did!
    Totally. It's been over a year since I've been to someplace with snow. I went last last winter (2019 going into 2020). Funny enough though, when it rains in socal, it snows on the mountains around us. So some days we can see snow on the mountaintops, lovely white snow, just taunting us lol.

• mindfruit (hiatus)

Re: Heheh, glad you enjoyed the poem! You're very welcome, btw. It was only right that I made something for you after the thing you made for me :)
    SNOW. SNOW. that's so cool! thanks for sending snowy thoughts lol, the weather in CA is like taunting me because it's cold and windy and sometimes rainy but it never snows ~insert sad face~ How much snow fell?

• In Which Yaya Writes

Oh my gosh, I love this!!!!!! It's absolutely beautiful! I feel like it could be spoken word, especially the 7th.... stanza? (The one that starts with Hope) Have you ever tried spoken word? Poetry isn't really my thing, but when I do write poetry I always think of it being spoken, ya know? Anyways, GREAT piece, and I absolutely love the message!!!
    Replying: Yeah, it could definitely be both a religious and love song. Which can be good, because then it means different things to different people! It was beautiful either way :). And if you can figure out how to get my the link if you put it to music, I'd love that! (Also, I was wondering, how exactly did you come up with the lyrics and music? I would love to hear your process because I have no idea where I would start and I have an idea for a title that I want to use xD)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Can't wait! XD

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: SAME! I'm so happy too! And LOL, "warm" welcome when we're legit all freezing to death haha! Snow, snow, ice, ice. What is warmth? XD
    And nope, it hasn't come out yet, but maybe the four of us can go when it comes out? Make that the five of us because my brother would totally kill me if we went without him haha! <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Well, with THIS kind of welcome waiting for me, HOW COULD I STAY AWAY??? XD
    Thanks so much! You give me such a warm feeling in my heart, lovely! Gale's been great; we've totally been excited for the new Disney movie: Raya and the Last Dragon. Like, FINALLY a kick-butt awesome asian superhero! A Disney Princess after my own heart (like Mulan was OK, but Raya is WOW). How ABOUT YOU AND PEETA? WHat's been going on, love?
    And don't worry about it, I'm totally happy to review whatever I can. I'll get on those as soon as I can. ^-^ Thanks again for the warm welcome, sister!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

HI! I'm BACK and I've missed you so much! How are you? How are things going?
    Also, I'd love to review three or more of your pieces. Let me know which ones you'd like reviewed! Thanks! <3

• happygiggles

This is gorgeous! The second stanza is my favourite one! *chefs kiss* :))

Re- Thanks!

Oh and I just saw your comment on beth r's piece about the pbs shows - wild kratts was definitely the absolute best XD

Re: I'm doing pretty well, thanks. How about yourself?
    Yea mindfruit...he's the best ^-^

• V-Rose

Re: The story is actually already a part of a story I've been working on for three years. It's pretty much a memory from the past from it.

• crystalline•galaxies

this is fantastically gorgeous. the inspiring note at the end coupled with the terror at the beginning works together so well. this might just be my favorite piece of yours yet.

hey, long time no see! i posted again.

w o w. correct me if my eyes are lying but -
    did mindfruit just try to rhyme "eden" with "appreciatin'"?

• (sk)eyesofocher

Hey Eden--It's lin! I know I haven't been active, but I needed an unexpected break--one that I will return from on the third. Happy Valentines,
    ~lin

• books4life

OH MY GOODNESSS HOW IS EVERYTHING YOU WRITE SO AMAZING!!!!!!!! happy belated valentine's day haha! :)

• mindfruit (hiatus)

And thank you thank you thank you for that lil poem :D I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I wasn't prepared for this moment, so lemme just come up with something on the spot...... ~ahem~

On this day of hearts and cards
    I would like to send my regards
    To my awesome friend Eden
    Who I've been really appreciatin'
    This is a limerick from mindfruit the bard

• mindfruit (hiatus)

Ooooh, wow! I love this take on the prompt! It fills me up to see others write from a prompt that I created :) The format almost seems to resemble one's frantic internal thoughts....nice touch! I really like how there's a shift in emotion from panicked to somewhat hopeful - there's just something so reassuring about seeing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that we won't always feel this way. Did that make sense? Sorry, your poetry is making me feel poetic XD And the message behind it all is just so beautiful.
    Re: Yep, heh, I'm an alumni now! AndyYou're welcome! I'll try to get to that review today, sorry, I've been feeling a little disorganized these past few days. Practice does make perfect, but for your first official hand at song-writing, you did great! Glad you like my pfp, I've been trying to find a solid one and I realized I had this in my camera roll. Speaking of pfps, I love your new one! It's so beautiful and peaceful :)

• serein

re: thank you! same here :)

• serein

re; o gosh thank you! I'll try to publish something soon!

• Parisienne

re: thank you!

• beth r.

re: aw thanks :) ikr its crazy

• Parisienne

This is so beautiful!! :)

• serein

re: ahhh thank you for standing my weirdness
    I'm so glad he liked it!!! im honestly so flattered and honored that you showed it to him!! Thanks!!

• beth r.

"Gentle words
    And resolute smiles
    Memories
    Despite the trials"
    ugh this is GoRGEOUS. the rhyme, scheme, the diction, the overarching message- love it!
    re: EDENNN thanks so much for everything >3

• serein

re: O my gosh i'm honored!! Wow! What did he think?
    (lol this is unrelated but im dying to tell someone: i'm pulling a prank on my sister for april fools and convincing her that im unstanning a group we like called ateez. so far it's working but SO HARD. sorry I'm really bad at keeping secrets)

• serein

re: thank you!! I totally agree with everything you said :)

• barelybear

Re: thank you! :D you’re the first to notice haha I’ve just updated the pfp
    I’m pretty excited, even though it’s quite the commitment and we had to say goodbye to the squirrel.

Did you also go for it? (I think so, but I’ve lost track of who dropped out last minute). If you did, they basically told us that we were super lucky because they had so many to choose from. I hope you go for it next term, because I know your work is always really brilliant! Speaking of, this piece is so beautiful and really resonates with me. Lockdown is hard, and I’m glad you’ve managed to find these gorgeous words to express it.

Re: :D <3

Re: <3 <3 <3
    On another note (actually just the same note), this whole situation reminds me of my favorite book that I'm rereading for like the 4th or 5th time. So if you wanna dig into that or just read a stunning book, A Voice in the Wind is for you.

Re: Thank you! He's taking it really hard (like desperately suggesting he become a Christain hard) so please pray for him, but we'll get through this.

Re: Hehe thank you! I told him I didn't think my heart could handle morning texts and he understands (and thinks it's cute). We're figuring things out! He's currently losing his mind over the fact that I wrote that "Don't" poem about him in September of 2019.

Re: Uh actually he told me. I feel so bad because he thought he was going to lose me over it. We were both shaking, I made myself sick, and he cried happy tears. Hehe so it was intense. I'm okay though. It was very sweet once we'd spilled our guts.
    We have to stay just friends though. I figure since he's liked me for so long without pressuring me, I can trust him to at least try to keep it platonic. He sent me a good morning text though... Should I allow that?
    Omigosh I also realized that he's liked me through braces, glasses, and two haircuts. That's non-stop through two summers and a pandemic that kept us out of touch for a year!

Re: Thank you!!

Re: ^U^ Cool about the cookies. Thank you! I just called on the buried knowledge from my two years in a songwriting class and tried to make it help me. I haven't been doing anything too interesting lately besides texting MB, and I had youth group yesterday (I've convinced him to come to the ZOOM next time!!) Oh, do you think I should keep the labels/headers in the song? And which version of the chorus do you like better (I'm not talking about the two-part addition)?

Re: You're welcome. :D I hope you get snow! I was really sick this morning, but overall I'm doing pretty well. What've you been up to?

Love this! How are you, Lark? It's been a bit since we've talked.

• Blue Jay

So beautiful. I love the quote by the way, it's going on my wall (I'm not joking, I may or may not have already put it on my bedroom wall)

• ANSON REYNOLDS

“People look... glassy” Such a good piece of imagery and totally captures the feeling of people on Zoom. I wrote my pandemic memoir today too, but mine was about Indiana weather. We actually got snow today which was AMAZINGGGG- I haven’t talked w you in forever, what’s the weather like in your corner of the world??

beautiful.
    so amazing!! great work on this :D