Ye_Old_Fountain_Pen

The fifty-something-year-old thread binding of a hardcover... a trusty pen... ancient typewriters... paperbacks with covers that don't stick up... just some things that I and so many writers share nostalgia for ;)

Thanks for checking out this writing tidbit of mine (;

Sway

6
Can you hear them in the distance?
The sound of things moving
In the whispers of the wind.
A gentle sigh, then it's gone,
Then it comes around again.

On a still, silent day,
You never hear them at all,
But on a breezy, mild day,
You hear them softly call.
And when the clouds gather
Overhead, and the wind blows
Like sea and spray,
They creak like the
Timbers of a ship;
Their mighty columns sway.
The "they" in this piece refers to pine trees. If you're like me and live near them, you're probably accustomed to the sounds they make on different types of days. Sometimes when the wind blows through them, the sound is like a passing car, and sometimes on really blustery days the pine trees creak and sway a lot. The noises come to feel nostalgic :)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: wow, thank you so much! that comment was so kind and really made me feel like I can actually write something hehe ;) thank you lots!

• happygiggles

This is brilliant! I love it. Pine trees are elite!! (:

Re- Thank you so much, that just made my day! :D

• remi'sgotinkstains

oh, there are about 10 pine trees in our yard and I am not exaggerating . . . I love them so much. The lovely smell of their needles . . . I've made numerous pine pillows . . . and the way they have of rubbing their boughs together. I love this so!
    re: thank you for the follow and the sweet comment! I love that poem with all my heart and I'm glad you do too! ;)