Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Please please please review!! I missed the expert review so I really need some constructive feedback, even in the comments. I've added a second half to the second verse, you guys can see that when I publish my next draft. *I probably need to add a bridge; any ideas for that?*

For those who wanna know... This is kind of inspired by the guy I'm trying to friendzone. We could NEVER work as a couple, so I'm still following that plan, but dang I've been catching feelings a lil bit. I've always been really attracted to him, and he texts me every day now. And it's nice. (Also he's trying to buy me a $70 pair of shoes, despite my protests.) You guys have gotta understand why my heart is a tad confused.

Update: Ugh. You guys he asked me to go for a drive with him (specifying that it's not "in a weird way"; so platonic)... I told him I wouldn't be allowed to, because that's true. But do you guys realize how much I want that?? It's a terrifying idea, but thrilling. I've always wanted to go for a drive with someone, but the fact that it's him makes it insane. (Btw imma call him MB to y'all)

Also: In case you don't know, this piece is inspired by MB, but it's definitely exaggerated for the sake of the song.

Tell That

He wants to buy me shoes and a diamond ring
There's heart beat-beating through everything
I know that I should break this link
But I can't convince myself...

He is dangerous and so far gone
Wants to fly off-limits 'til we forget the dawn
I need to write a different song
Don't think this is going well...

But tell that to my heart
And my dancing feet
Tell that to the sparks
Oh, tell that to me

Could you tell that to me

I feel fireworks like warning shots
And fill my eyes with forget-me-nots
My safety net is getting caught
I should say I'm hating this

But tell that to my heart
And my dancing feet
Tell that to the sparks
Oh, tell that to me

Could you tell that to me

Oh tell that, tell that to me
Tell that, tell that to me, me, me
I don't think you could, don't think you could

Tell that to my heart
And my dancing feet
Tell that to the sparks
Oh, tell that to me

Could you tell that to me
I had no plans to write anything for this competition. Ever since I embraced poetry as the form of expression that works best for me, I haven't been inspired to write a full song (just the occasional little voice memo). But this song was tickling my mind for hours before I finally got it out all in one go.
Note: I do not recommend ignoring red flags or incompatibility because just because you really like someone. This is just a fun song.

• anemoia by a thread

oh my gosh. i was just reading your latest draft (#3), so i came here for explanation, and... that is a crazy amount of emotions to experience. i'm sorry it has to be so complicated... anything i can do, i got you. and you def got a great song out of it, as Just_A_Memory said. also, this guy sounds very interesting... he tried to buy you shoes?!
    well, best of wishes. praying for you! just take it day by day, i guess

• Just_A_Memory

Oh my gosh! I love love love it! Boy problems. I've been having some of my own lately, I don't envy you at all. It's not weird that you'd yearn for that, in my opinion. It's not bad to want to experience things with someone else. But hey! You got a good song out of it!

Re: Np <333

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I really love this Anne. Yes do not ignore red flags but realize some things hard in a relationship just mean work through them. I love your work.

• doodleninja

re: thanks so much! sounds like a wonderful reading experience indeed XD

replying to message board: ahhh i'm sorry annie. wish i had advice for you!<3

replying: awwwww
    hahaha

Re: Ach love is too confusing. That kinda sucks tbh. I hope God shows you an answer soon <3

Reviews done! You should get it soon :D

Re: Np :D Aaaah that's weird about the drive. So you actually want to? Have you asked your parents? To clarify, do you actually like him, or do you just think you aren't compatible?

Re: LOL Np! I don't know if it's an Australian thing, but I record on a phone, and then copy and paste it into Onedrive.

I'll review :D Beautiful song, Anne! I do wish you could sing it though; your voice is so lovely! I just use Onedrive to record it.

• MostlyBananas

Very enjoyable read, I can only imagine it sung and put to music!

• WrenBirdWrites

Re: Muahaha I accidentally scrolled to the bottom Lol

replying: oh i was saying maybe more than friends lolll if that ever happens and if you want it to.
    hahahaha i love your relationship with alex. aww but thats sweet too,i mean i wouldnt mind finding a custom necklace for ME on my doorstep from a friend?!

ohhh i just searched up the shoes,they're really cute!

replying: hahaha its so nice to hear more about you!
    thats so sweet though,he must be a very good friend and maybe?!?!lolll
    ahhh that alex being naughty naughty...;)
    hmmm well i hope your shoe plan works out.i'm curious,what shoe is it? or what type? if i may ask

also "I feel fireworks like warning shots
    And fill my eyes with forget-me-nots" these lines are beautiful

ahhh annne this is such a good song.its so pretty and youthful. i really love the "tell that" idea,its reall cool and works so well.dang,honestly im really impressed.i do think this needs a bridge though...

also eek you're so cute. girrrrl he buying you $70 shoes?! ahem ahem,thats so cute.i understand. but dont worry too much and just enjoy each others company and friendship and have fun.hope you figure it out!

• happygiggles (not as active anymore)

This is amazing! I definitely can picture you singing this, best of luck in the competition!

Re- Thanks for your comforting words. It is definitely a bit frustrating that they changed the format, but I think I'm just going to stay quiet about it now, I received a postcard today from my principal congratulating me on my poem and saying how much she loved it, even though she has never spoken to me before. Therefore, I feel it may be rather rude of me to send an email about it now as she has went to the effort of contacting me. Thanks for the kind words again! (:

• Rose A(hiatus)

This is really great! I love the vibe. I can imagine it playing on the radio. I think it would sound great if the second verse has another half.
    As for the guy... yikes. I feel a little bad for you, but he sounds like a sweet guy.

• doodleninja

aw i love these lyrics, it flows really well as a song! review coming your way :D

re: That's completely fine! Even just a comment with what you think I can improve on would be great!

• liv.luv.act

This looks like a very fun song! I can't wait to hear how the music for it goes. Great job!

• remi'sgotinkstains

yeah, songs seem a little out of my reach right now . . . this is a fun, light song! good job!

Ahh! I love this! Just submitted a review!

I would really love if you would check out my entry, and just give your feedback (i'm in dire need of some XD)

Oop this really needs a bridge it's super short (only about a minute forty). I'll work on that.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Nice! I missed the expert review too :( Mine's much worse, I would say maybe try a metaphor with the senses but not just sight, maybe touch or hear? If you have time maybe check mine out, I'm probably going to submit it for reals on the next try, though I'm not much of a songwriter either :)

• kathryn siena

wow. this is amazing and beautiful and just... wow!