mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

vehicle (footnotes!)

18

i. toyota tundra 
this one doesn’t have peeling paint;
   the metal frame is hidden away under
      a shiny coat of cavalry blue;
and even though i stare the man in the face
   when he comes whirling past, he doesn’t 
      waste a single glance in my direction;
i knew it would be better to stand
    in the middle of the road;

ii. honda odyssey
a family for sure; a tired mother, squabbling siblings,
   and a father that tunes it all out;
because it’s better to drown in your own silence
   than tread over the desperate words of others;
this time i don’t bother waving my arms;
i’m exhausted as it is and i haven’t had a sip of water
    since last night when mary dropped me off;
well that’s what i tell myself;
it’s not like i’m lying;

iii. subaru forester
i imagine it’s a group of teenagers
   heading into this dusty wasteland
      to drink and laugh and kiss 
          under the starry desert sky;
but it’s the afternoon and the sun is beating down
   and there’s no use imagining things that aren't true;
stop, you sound like kyra;
when the clouds give way to the person’s face
   under the windshield, i almost heave
      up the granola bar i had half an hour ago;
i know those hungry eyes and that twisted grin;
i know that greasy hair and those wireframe glasses;

iv. cadillac escalade
another car rips a hole in my mind
    and sends hair flying into my mouth;
i spit out the brittle strands and stop myself
    from remembering his face;
he was never there, not three months ago
    and definitely not seconds ago;
my brain plays tricks
    and my eyes join in
        and before i know it
            i am made of echoes;
that never happened, it couldn't have;

ok, ok, ok! so first check out the first part in this series here. then my idea: a story told by certain objects in the present that trigger memories from the past. ha, now that i type it out it doesn't seem like that great of an idea but you never know until you try it out. be on the watch for more parts!

and... 200 followers! what!? i'll try to keep this short, but by golly i did a little dance when i saw that a few days ago. thank you. thank you. thank you.

to each and every one of you,
your support, whether a comment or a like or even just a read, means so much to me. i couldn't have grown as a writer without growing as a person. i find it so amazing that you, a person living across the state or the country or the world, could find my writing meaningful. i find it so amazing that you lead your own life and i mine, but here we can convene and share snippets with each other. thank you for the support and the stories and the words and the conversations and the smiles.
love and laughs and hugs,
mir the kat
<3<3<3

• February 9, 2021 - 11:11am (Now Viewing)

• ~Zoe N~

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you :) Your writing is always stunning!! (also, sorry I'm late, I didn't see this until now... oop)

Congratulations on 200+!! Proud to be one of them :)

Re: Thank you so much! Yeah, we haven't talked lately, but it means so much to me that you read my pieces, even if you don't follow me. I hope to talk more with you, but I must go to sleep now!!! Good day to you!!!

• useless :)

re: thanks!! and honestly, i didn't have a plot layed out yet at all, so who "the 4'' are is still a bit of a mystery to me XD. i'll work on it tho, i think i'll continue bc once i get the plot set it'll be something i can do when i'm feeling uninspired for poetry...lol
    also, gosh this is brilliant. i agree with paisley, your words just come alive in such a beautiful way...wow i absolutely love this piece!! :)
    (compass was stunning as well, i just love the whole series ;))

• ~wildflower~

Re: oh wow, thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! I was so, so nervous to publish that piece and until this morning I was half thinking I’d scrap the whole idea. You comment means so much to me. Thank you again!

re: i have *almost* no idea what it's about haha - i kinda maybe sorta want to base it on the ojibwe idea/prophecy of the black snake? idk i read a picture book recently that made me really motivated called "we are water protectors" - it sounds silly but it's really beautiful and the illustrations are breathtaking--anyways, there's gonna be dragons and really cool nature and a hero that ISN'T the main character (who's also genderfluid maybe) and representation for all and yayyyy :) it's a really, really, REALLY big daunting project though so... yeah, idk. it might fall apart before it even gets going. but. i'm gonna try my darnedest!! :)
    thanks for all of your support with my song :)) i really really really appreciate it!! love youuu

Just wanted to thank you again for your peer review, it was truly helpful. So, here’s the song “A Beautiful Ache” with ukulele! I also just published it.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RJmAWjJyhI9gLOO3N4Ywx4WyZ0Ar41M/view?usp=drive

• rwong

re: awwww your so sweetttt <3 ahah it seems we always catch each other during those two classes lollll but how have you been? how’s school?

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Check out on my latest post when you get a chance. I will come back and read this later because you are amazing and the structure of this piece tells me it is breathe taking.

Re: I knowww thats totally on me, been super busy with school and stuff :l
    I'm doing well, thanks for asking!
    by.
    the.
    way.
    CONGRATS ON 200!!! You totally deserve it, I've seen you become such a huge part of the community here over time :D
    <3
    -otter

re: i ALSO can't find a city inside anywhere, but i really want to read it!!! I've only read are you listening?, on a sunbeam, and spinning. i'd love to read her others, too! i think she has 6 total. my library only has those three, though. Which ones did you put on hold? I have not read book thief; it's been on my list for probably 3 years but i just haven't gotten it yet!! that happens more than i'd like to admit... sigh...
    oooh your friend ray sounds cool!! :D always love a nature-based poet :) tell her hi for me!! (lol if that's not weird haha)

also.... i can't stop reading this piece... this and "compass" are my new favorites. omc (oh me chicken - i blame busssy.beee XD ) this is amazing!!! :D

re: afhsjfgds dude you're so sweet i'm gonna cry

thank you *squeaks*

re: dUDe!!! i'm so glad you read one of her books!!! i've been trying so hard to get all my friends to read them XD and i LOVE are you listening?, but On A Sunbeam is my favorite :))) I really really want to someday write/illustrate a graphic novel but i suck at drawing... idk lol. i love her style and i wish with all my heart i could draw like that :)
    also, thank you for your kind comment on my poem :D and ohh yeahhhh sun has that part like that!! i forgot about that lol :D but yeah, that's so fitting lol :)) i submitted it to the love letter part, do you think it fits? idk...
    anyways, hope you're wonderful :)) i love talking to you!!

• doodleninja

i loved both pieces "compass" and "vehicle" the way you brought each object/word to life with your short little descriptions was wonderful!
    also congrats on 200!! that's so exciting! always love reading your pieces, you truly have a gift my friend :) <3

• Rose A(hiatus)

Re: thank you! I had a lot of fun writing it and singing it(well... not so much the singing). :)

• happygiggles

re- Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I drafted an email and was about to send it this morning, although didn't end up doing so. I'm so glad I didn't end up sending it as I got a "Headteacher's Award" in the post congratulating me on my work with a personal message from my principal explaining how much my poem meant to her, I would have been mortified if she had found out I'd been complaining about it!
    I'll definitely send them an email if they change the format of my work again, but I'm gonna keep quiet about it for now. (:

• rwong

re: hi mir!!!!! im okay i guess i forgot to set my alarm so i failed to wake up for class *sigh* but oh well
    i'm definitely not in spanish class right now heh but he's just going over verb tenses which will fly over my head even if i tried to listen. so that's not gonna happen. eheheh oopsies
    also i loveee the book thief omg i adore the book especially because some parts are written from the perspective of death like :o but yea. have you read "between shades of grey"? it's really good and i think you'll like it <3
    anyway enough about me how r u??? sending love <3 <3 shell

"my brain plays tricks / and my eyes join in / and before i know it / i am made of echoes; / that never happened, it couldn't have;" goodness this hit me really hard... all of this feels like standing on the side of a dusty road and wishing with all my heart that i was back home but at the same time not knowing where home is or if it even exists-

i want to draw this. i suck at drawing but this needs to be a graphic novel. gah this is just too good!!! mir i absolutely love your work, wow... your words come alive in a way i could only ever hope to have. mmm reading this makes me FEEL so much and i just-

wow <3

love you dude :)

• Yellow Sweater

Brilliant concept and brilliantly executed!

ALSO THE TOYOTA'S CAVALRY BLUE IS MY FAVORITE VEHICLE COLOR EVER

i loved this so much.

• crystalline•galaxies

this is such a cool idea, wow! and the way you executed it is so poetic and meaningful. spectacular.
    re: thank you so much for the comment! i keep posting about my struggles with religion, and i think i ought to stop soon... anyway, i'm really glad you liked the piece. i'm thinking about posting a recording of me reading it out loud somewhere because it just feels like that kind of piece, you know? anyway, hope you're doing alright!

• psithurism

Ahh congratulations! I'm proud to be part of the 201, you definitely deserve it! <3

• happygiggles

This is so refreshing, much more enjoyable that just listening to car ads on the tv xD

Congratulations on 200 friends! (:

• Rose A(hiatus)

I love it! This is much better than reading car magazines. And congrats on 200!! Pardon me, I mean 201. :) So happy for you!

Huge thanks are due to you too! You're such a wonderful and positive presence here. You've given me more than one kind comment!

Nice name change too!

• rwong

alskdjf;alksdfj woahhh i've never thought i would ever find a piece of writing about cars beautiful...but it is ak;sfj;aklsfjlk "because it’s better to drown in your own silence / than tread over the desperate words of others;" like i mean this is gorgeous
    also super congrats on 200, now 200+!!!! i've said this like a billion times but i'm so proud of u mir and you definitely deserve every single one <3 <3 all my love, shell