useless :)

hi!
idrk what i'm doing but
14 :)
pisces
est 1/22/21

scribble chums with Starlitskies, em wilder, and remi'sgotinkstains
go check them out, they're amazing writers :)

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."- Anne Shirley
"Thank you for your consideration."- Katniss Everdeen
"Great, we're all bloody inspired."- Newt

thank you so much for 100 followers!! :)

have a great day everyone!

contemplation at midnight

14
i am wrapped in sheets of restlessness,
enveloped in a cloak of darkness
which seeps into my mind and soul,
but i thrive off the simple silence of the night.

fickle thoughts latch onto the pendulum 
which swings through the corners of my mind.
it is a continuum of anything but reason,
a chaotic contemplation of the enigmatic twists and turns

of my life.

a raging whirlwind of broken ideas
takes turn upon turn, and
right as they start to solidify
into anything more than mercurial opinions,

i am touched by the moon's slight glow.

the light is a mockery of
the foolish state that i am in.
it's whispers are in sync with the stars'
taunts, which never cease to repeat,

the rest of the world is asleep
this is about how my sleep schedule is officially ruined :D. in all seriousness, for the past week i've probably gotten half as much sleep as usually :/. i'm not sure how to describe why exactly, but you know when you feel like you can't relax because you're always thinking? not in an anxiety-type way (i don't think so), but just about stuff in general, especially non-important things that you normally wouldn't care to think about but now you constantly analyze and rethink for some weird reason...? that's been happening to me, but mostly at night, and i don't know if that's normal or not. i've never been the type of person to be tired early, but this is different, like even if i try to go to sleep i just can't, until most of the time 3 or 4. maybe i'm slowly sliding into insanity...;)
but it's actually beginning to affect me so welp. also sorry for not being as active, i'm pretty busy with school

• February 8, 2021 - 9:53am (Now Viewing)

Wowww, your metaphors are so amazing throughout this. Like "sheets of restlessness" it's just so beautiful. But my favourite stanza is the pendulum one, I really love this! And the last line really explains the rest of the poem. I totally knew what you were talking about before even the footnotes and that's awesome! And the title is, wow, you're great at picking titles! I'm never that creative- I just pick a word from the piece loll.
    Footnotes: Yes, oh my, I've been going through the same thing lately. (though not to that late!) But yeah, I definitely need to start trying to sleep a bit earlier and not look at a screen before bed so I can just relax and not think.
    RE: Of course haha!
    And aww thank you!
    Haha, it was night when you sent that! In fact I actually went to bed just before you sent that (and then only went on WTW really quickly to change the writer’s message (I felt like I should probably say it’s been a few years since my grandmother passed away cause I realized I may say my age in my bio but not everybody checks that or knows grades correlated to age) when I had to wake up and go pee- I drink way too much water haha) Aw thanks! It’s so cool you live in Florida! Everyone here always goes there for vacation BECAUSE of the heat (I only capitalized that cause there’s no italics but I swear I’m not screaming lol) Yeah, I get a lot of snow in the winter here. And that really sucks when you have to shovel the driveway cause there’s so much! But not bad at all compared to like Northern Canada where it’s snowing constantly. It’s always nice at the beginning but believe me when it’s cold- it’s cold!! But at the same time in the summer, it gets super hot as well. (But I also found Florida in October really hot so I’m not sure how messed up my Canadian sense of hot and cold is lol) What’s the most ‘Florida thing’ you do? (Hopefully that made sense lol)
    Thank you so much! And that means a lot thank you. <3

• nolongeractive

Wowow, this is just magnificent and you have so much talent. I love the title and the paragraph styling and your diction and lines were absolutely breathtaking. Thank you for sharing, and I cannot wait to see what else you write.

• løne wølf

*squeals* tHE TITLE IS SO GOOD OSFMSDLKGSJDFLKS! not to mention every single word you chose, and the ending especially! i love the metaphors and clever figurative language you used, as well as the aesthetic descriptions! hopefully your sleep schedule can get back on track! :)

re: thank you for your comment!! i will definitely use your flower suggestions in part three :)

• Zirong

I instantly clicked in when I saw the title because I also always contemplate at midnight haha. This piece is absolutely gorgeous, and the footnotes are so relatable! It's pretty normal(even more so among writers I guess :)) so no worries! Hope you are doing well now!

re: thank u so much for your sweet comment! It really means a lot :D

• wallflower

First of all, this is so beautiful and I relate to it a little too much also Re: thank you so much for the comment! I will most likely be publishing the adult perspective later today or tomorrow! <3

Re- Aw thank you so so so much for your comment!! I actually wrote a bit more if you wanna take a look :)

• AstroWriter

Do you see what I see? Way up in write the world there is a new chapter out for Magnum!!!! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/204410/version/455403

• Blue Jay

Definitely relate to the footnotes. Beautiful poem, the imagery and words are so perfect

• Rose A

This piece is gorgeous! And I totally relate to the footnotes. I'll be trying to go to sleep and I'll randomly start to think about something dumb I said last year then cringe for hours. Hopefully, your sleep schedule gets back on track!

Re: Thank you! I just published the recording. Tell me if it matched how you sang it in your head! As for your rant, I get it. I might not have to go through it, but it can get on my nerves. Subs and teacher just have hard times pronouncing names(even simple ones sometimes).

This is so so beautiful. Every line is just breathtaking.
    Re- Ahh haha Thank you so much!!
    I actually wrote more if you are interested!

Re: Aaah tysm! No it's totally fine, I really appreciate it :D You're too sweet <3

• Jj101

Re: Yeah, the years are going by so fast. Nice to meet u too! :)

• astrea

this is absolutely beautiful! i hope you get better sleep.
    re: thank you!!

• remi'sgotinkstains

and holy moly this is stunning! i especially love the line "but i thrive off the simple silence of the night." i also just love your choice of vocabulary . . . it's absolutely beautiful . . . i don't really know what to say but . . . W-O-W!!!!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: thank you thank you!!! ;)

• Jj101

Oh and happy early birthday!!!

• Jj101

I’m sorry your losing sleep and yes school always keeps us busy:/ This is a great piece tho! Your a very talented writer!!!
    Re: Thank you so much!!!