Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

CHECK OUT ALSO my bestie&travel buddy&amazing poet Parisienne!!! And feel free to join our John Green Appreciation Society if you are also a fan of his amazing books!(and perhaps his Crash Course Series XD)

Dreamers can never be tamed :)

Currently reading: *Ariel* by Sylvia Plath - "Love set you going like a fat gold watch"

If you need a peer review just drop a comment under any of my pieces :)

Happy reading&writing~

:(

10

i'm just a bit tired
and you say that's a sin

when two perfectionists come together things just don't go right *sigh*

• February 7, 2021 - 12:45am (Now Viewing)

Noooooo! I hate when people say this! Especially cause now with COVID it's so constant to feel tired! I love the lowercase as well, it adds to the tiredness aspect!
    Also lol in case you're wondering why I haven't commented on your last piece- it looks really descriptive but hahah, reading about pork would be just a liiiiiittle bit uncomfortable for me haha. (I'm Muslim :)
    Ok anywaysss, now the reason I'm here, I've decided to expand my piece The Teapot into quite a long piece or maybe even a book! *gasp- I know* but anyways, if you want to see the kind of plot outline (and let me know if it's interesting or good or whatever- btw, no hard feelings at all, I would rather know now than later haha) here's the link, https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/230196/version/487754
    Also, don't worry at all about responding to my LOAD of other comments XD when you read the outline. You can let me know what you think and respond when you have more time :D! (lol I sound like it's a necessity to respond to me and I'm doing you a favour but I know you're going to be so sweet and sorry about responding late, so I am quashing that first hehe)
    Hope you're having an amazing day :))

• løne wølf

short and simple, but powerful! and nooooo zirong, being tired is not a sin! nobody can tell you that; being tired is not the same as being lazy. my parents have a knack of telling me not to sit on the couch and close my eyes, calling me "lazy", but in reality i'm just tired. i'm just sick and tired of schoolwork and pressure and stress. things will get better, i promise; you can only see light in the darkness! don't forget to smile <3 *hugs*

re: i agree with you! ethics first, then talent. infinity war was a trip; i almost cried when spiderman disintegrated to dust. it was terrifying to see vision die, then get resurrected and die again???? wanda had to kill her lover and then WATCH. HIM. DIE. AGAIN. AAAAAAAA. anyways, endgame was amazing, i still can't believe black widow died (but you know what, she's having her own movie so i'm not complaining); the final battle was- yes. thanos fading away got me riled up, i literally shrieked "FINALLY, YOU PURPLE POTATO" then proceeded to ugly cry because freaking tony stark died- have a nice day, i look forward to getting to know you more! :D

• Starlitskies

No that is so not a sin! (if it is I'd be a perpetrator more often than not, haha! :) )Hope you feel better. I'm sending more hugs your way! *hug hug hug* <3

• Parisienne

re: It's so funny with the time difference because I just read your message where you had only just woken up, but for me that was the middle of the night!! It's snowing here, tiny little flakes so I took my dog out for a walk with my sister. Snowflakes stuck to our hair and dusted the rooftops and fences. It was so beautiful. Yes French is just stunning, It's always been my dream to learn it because I'm obsessed with Paris - hence the username on here! So cool that we both want to learn it - who knows, we could one day be communicating in French (unfortunately I think it will be a while before I can talk to you in your first language :() Ahhhh yes you should be a writer...love that it is your childhood dream-how wonderful! You are totally talented enough to pursue it!!! I'm sure you write in chinese beautifully, but your english is definitely above average in terms of great writing. IK exactly what you mean about pursuing a writing career full-time, it is a risk before success comes to slap you in the face (which I am certain it will one day for you)! Idealism is all well and good....but I mean you've got to be able to earn money so I totally understand (I am in the same boat - unless I decide to marry a baronet within the next couple of years ;)....joking I want my own independence, career and money!) Teaching is a great idea - with all those long holidays you could definitely manage to write a ton of books. Good luck I'm certain you'll get your dream *air hug*!!
    Yes we loveee TedTalks!! Don't worry, you never have to worry about asking me anything! Yes I am aware that income would be an issue with being a professional artist (though it really would be wonderful!) I want to be a journalist, as well as working in the arts (the degree I am going for is art and english lit so I've kept that door open). My plan is to start out in Journalism (I especially love the idea of travel journalism) or maybe go into an arts company. I think the journalism idea appeals more tbh because I can always pursue art in my spare time (plus I really want a career that means I can travel and express my views about the world through writing). Funnily enough I have considered teaching too, and when I am a bit older I think I would love to be an art teacher. I would love to give kids the encouragement and support that I never really received. I love your view on the science vs arts! I agree, because the arts bring an element of creativity to real-life issues. Sorry, I wasn't sure if you did GCSE's or not in your country! Also I heard in Singapore that chewing gum is illegal...is that true?
    Thanks for your belief in me with art school! I sure am determined. <3
    Thank you!! I may well post a lil song on here...not sure yet. Can't wait to hear yours!
    IK I can't believe its February already either - lockdown doesn't end until March over here so the days really do feel long and boring :(. WtW is getting me through!!
    Have a good week <3

• Parisienne

Re: thank you! *remote hug* right back :D
    Spanish is a really beautiful language, and you seem to be good at them so I’m sure you’ll learn easily. Thanks for your encouragement but I think me and Chinese just don’t get along haha. Maybe one day I’ll manage to get good at it. I adore languages too…my goal is to learn French at university over the next few years (we’ll see whether that happens or not!) Ah yes that would be AMAZINGGG, I’d love to see your country! XD
    Thank you, you’re so sweet! Do you know what you want to do as a career (other than write gorgeous poetry obvs), are you going to continue working with TED Talks? That would be sooo cool! Woahhh your subjects sound challenging especially Physics (eeek!) I think the arts are wonderful too, but I adored science (chemistry especially) at GCSE (we take them when we’re 15). Both the sciences and the arts have so much to offer! Yes I am so happy to be pursuing my dream of art school…but also sort of terrified that I won’t be good enough to be honest. Still, I’d rather fail at something I love that succeed and follow a life path of something I never wanted in the first place y’know. Yes DO IT, go after what you want!!!! You’ll be great. I was thinking of entering the song writing competition too, I’ve jotted some ideas down but I probably won’t go for it. Good luck I am sure your song will be great!
    Loveeee talking to you too, and yes it would be amazing to meet in real life one day. Take care :D <3 <3 <3

• Karma’s_Coming

re: ah, thank. Sitting around and doing nothing but playing video games sounds like a day well spent. (also, I didn’t know the frowning emoticon could make such a lovely title, the more you know.)

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: thank you!!!

• Parisienne

This says so much for a two-line poem! Love it :)
    Re: OMG!!!!! You are amazing! I mean your poetry is astounding (yes I did scroll through your published work to find the ones you’d mentioned, I love them all but especially The Pier) but the fact that English isn’t even your first language amazes me! I thought (because you are so talented with English) that it must be! I tried learning Chinese last year, because my friend does it for A level and we were going to go on the school trip out to China – but it is SO hard!! All those different symbols and my pronunciation sounded AWFUL (I only speak English and Spanish to a decent level – but I have nothing like the fluency that you possess with your second language!) I’m embarrassed to admit I can only say ‘hello’ and ‘how are you’ in your mother tongue (Good thing you’re so good at mine) :D. I actually think your translations are very effective (not that I’d be able to compare them with the original!) They flow beautifully and your language choices are exquisite. Yes, it would be amazing to meet you…Singapore is on my travel list (especially since you mentioned the Merlion Park – wow that looks gorgeous!) so maybe I will be lucky enough to visit your country one day.
    Yes, I wonder how Dali gets his ideas too (and whether that amazing brain could be swapped with mine :D) I’m so glad you like Badway, my dream is to travel the world painting murals like she does. Wow! Knowledge and Inquiry sounds brilliant!! It sounds quite like what we call the liberal sciences. (although I could be completely wrong – I don’t take it). What other subjects do you study (if you don’t mind me asking) or is Knowledge and inquiry the only one that you look at? (sounds to me like it is sort of an amalgamation of several subjects anyway – a lot of work!!) I study English literature, History and Sociology. Good luck with the songwriting competition – your work is certainly lyrical enough to be used alongside music! Yessss, I’m so glad you like nightcore – it’s just stunning isn’t it? I looked at Anny – wow she is so talented! I wish I could draw that beautifully. I love the last line of your message to me ‘I feel happy that my eyes can be blessed by a lot of things every day’, that in itself could be a poem! I feel the same way.
    It’s so nice talking to you <3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I love your avatar!!!!!

• Jasmin khawar

No dear that's not a sin!!