Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY!<3

~Hi, I’m Eden! I joined WtW in July 2020. I’m here for you if you need a friend. <3

~Go say hi to my amazing friends V-Rose and mindfruit. They’re supportive, talented, and just awesome!

“A pen doesn't stop you from doodling when the words stop for a second
And you need to draw them first.”
-V-Rose

“and as long as we fight we'll continue to see another day
and we'll drift off to sleep in the ruins of yesterday”
-mindfruit

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
- Isaiah 43:2

~Stay kind. Be brave. Keep going.~

My Key (A Song; Footnotes!)

17
Palm trees line the empty street
Dancing in the salty breeze
The twinkling of the lights
And all the sounds of night
Turn this quiet city into a dream

Your hand is warm in mine 
Fingers intertwined 
Comfort in the touch
While the brightness of your eyes
Is shining through the night
I can’t help but smile

I was lost in a raging storm
Every word piercing me like a thorn
My own fear was the only sound
But then you found me in the maze
And you showed me the way out

Even though the world keeps on spinning
And the darkness all around
Is nothing new
People night not always change
And the world might stay the same
But when the waves get rough
At least I have you

I was lost in the crowds 
Always stumbling,
And always falling down
I was drowning in my fears
But you found me on my knees
You pulled me to my feet
You wiped always my tears
You wiped away my tears

You never pretended
That everything would be okay
You never promised 
That I’d live to see a better day
But even when a spreading flame 
Sparked to life before our eyes 
You never left me
You stayed right here by my side 

I was lost in a raging storm
Every word piercing me like a thorn
My own fear was the only sound
But then you found me in the maze
And you showed me the way out

Even though the world keeps on spinning
And the darkness all around
Is nothing new
People night not always change
And the world might stay the same
But when the waves get rough
At least I have you

When my heart is guarded 
Like a wooden box
You know what’s hidden
Behind the lock
You just want me to be free
You are my silver key

Even though the world keeps on spinning 
And the darkness all around
Is nothing new
People might not always change 
And the world might stay the same 
When the waves get rough
I’ll keep swimming through
Because I have you 

At least I have you 

Hi, everyone! 

This the first draft of a song I wrote! I have an uncle who writes music, so I’m hoping to turn this into a real song! I’m probably going to be revising it, but this is the basic layout for the lyrics. This could be interpreted in many ways, I suppose.

*A huge thank you to mindfruit, who helped with this song because it’s partially inspired by his poem “key”. ( And by that I mean I used some of the lines from his poem, and also some general inspiration from it) But go say hi to him!

God loves each and every one of you! And  even though this song isn’t specifically a religious song, the meaning also relates strongly to how God looks out for us. Just a little encouragement for anyone who needs it! Have an amazing day! 

This is so sweet! And the rhymes just are so perfect, the lines are short but not too short- literally the perfect length which helps it go really smoothly! I want to pick out my favourite lines but I honestly don't think I have any, they all just flow so well together and build up perfectly! Although I do love how you set the scene in the beginning! Ooh, have you been working with your uncle on making this a song?
    RE: Awwww Eden thanks so much!! You’re so sweet!! <3
    And haha! Oooh those colours are super pretty as well! Loll, I think my favourite colour changes depending on my mood and why it matters (like am I painting my room, getting a chair, etc.) and HAHAH LOLL- I feel the same way, no worries! And I’m the one who asked for favourite ice cream colour lol! Ok, favourite animal: Used to be a dolphin but then I started thinking about how creepy they are cause they come from the ocean and oceans are creepy XD so now it’s an Elephant cause they’re so strong and majestic- plus they have a matriarchy!! Nooo, I don’t have any pets sadly *wipes tear away* my family’s away for the whole summer every or every other year so it would be really hard to look after one! But if I could have one I would definitely have a golden retriever named Loki!! What about you? (In case you need a refresher on the questions: favourite animal, do you have any pets?)

• Busssy.Beee

ahhhh!! i can't with this!! it's in a way sweet and so so sincere. the ninth stanza is my absolute favorite. the use of figurative language mixed such beautiful emotion, asdfkasj!! im shook!

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Wow. I loved it! So much meaning and depth and beautiful diction

• books4life

re: hahaha! glad you enjoyed it. as for what happens next--i guess we will see when i write it! i won't be posting it for a little bit because i want everyone to have some time to digest the 2,000+ word chapter i threw at them! :) your support means everything.

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Oh wow, this is really good! Sorry I haven't commented sooner, but what you did here with this song is fantastic. The lyrics are poetic yet not to the point where it's hard to decipher them. And it feels like an actual song :), you know what I mean? Anyways, I'll try to get a review in on this piece!
    Re: You're welcome! and thank you :) I agree, the layout is solid, and I'll make sure to provide some feedback on any awkward parts. But this song is good. And glad you like my pfp!

• ~rain~

Re: Yep... the video is a must-watch and when I first saw it my brain exploded. Almost literally. Plus it's educational which makes it even better

• ChimChim_1

Re: Good!! you too!! <3<3:3

Re: Yea he lied :P
    I don't write songs lol - im super busy with school atm so i cant give you a review but if i have time ill comment some feedback - at first glance it already looks so pretty tho..

• beth r.

"You just want me to be free"
    gorgeous- giving me major dear evan hansen vibes- love the message!
    re: aw thank you so much! *chugs chocolate milk*

• books4life

re: I've been good. Life has been busy for sure! I keep trying to come back on here some time and read what everyone's been up to but I lose track a lot of the time! :) also if you dare: a monster of a chapter awaits in my writing lair! :)

• books4life

OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS wait omg the rhyming tho! I love listening to music and I could def imagine this as a song on the radio. gave me chills. :)

• ChimChim_1

Re: Thanks! im doing well. How about you?

• ~rain~

Re: Yep... Isaac is quite the kid... *sighs*

• Halopoet

Hi! I am SO fine. Absloutely cool like this song. Wby? Thanks for checking in.

• V-Rose

OKAY... AWESOMENESS! This could be an awesome song! Like, beyond awesome! As you go, you might mess with the words a bit, taking out some phrasing and adding others but this is really good right now!

• V-Rose

HI! Chapter 21 of Flying on Broken Wings is here, after forever!

Oh this is beautiful!! You have written so many songs! Are you going to enter one in the comp?

also, Chapater 29 for T&R is out!!

• In Which Yaya Writes

*gasp* I love this! Ahhhhhh!! When you turn this into music, can you give us the link? Is that allowed? I read it as a worship song because I read the footnotes first, and I think it's amazing!
    Replying: Thanks!
    Yeah, but we're all pretty much good. My mom is the worse. We went out for the first time today and she felt really weak afterward. But thank you for your prayers!

• ~rain~

Re: Thanks! :)
    Lol yeah... me wants cake nowww *sadness*

• ~rain~

Re: Awesome lol- *tries to resist the cake but can't and has 4 slices*

Ooh this is really cool!! I read it as a worship song. :D

Re: Thank you! Yes, I'm doing well, hbu? Idk if that could be a song though bc it doesn't really have a song format... But thanks anyway!

• ~rain~

Re: You're welcome! *adds pop music, virtual hugs, and some fun activities*

• ~rain~

Can I just say...
    Bea-ti-ful! I love the lyrics. "I was drowning in my fears // But you found me on my knees // You pulled me to my feet // You wiped always my tears // You wiped away my tears"- Those lines really stuck out to me. Great job! And your footnotes are just as inspirational :)

Re: Thank you!! *adds a pinata, some party hats, chocolate cake, party favors, and Dr. Pepper*

Ok I absolutely love this!
    "Behind the lock
    You just want me to be free
    You are my silver key"
    I can't wait to hear the final version of this! <3