Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

wishing for my "someday"

thank you to Wisp, rwong, Busssy.Bee, and mirkat for all of the love and support :)

--

"My work is loving the world.
Here the sunflowers, there the hummingbird--
equal seekers of sweetness.
Here the quickening yeast; there the blue plums.
Here the clam deep in the speckled sand."
- "Messenger", Mary Oliver

"And I will show that nothing can happen more beautiful than death,
And I will thread a thread through my poems that time and event are compact,
And that all the things of the universe are perfect miracles, each as profound as any."
-Song of Myself (Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman)

Adulthood

PROMPT: 25 Words

38

I told him, the stars in his eyes were cold. He laughed; "Fairy tales? Grow up."

So I embraced the moonlight, mourning my own death.
Gah I had to cut 10 whole words from the original... sorry if it doesn't make sense whatsoever. I think I like the idea, though...

• February 6, 2021 - 10:04am (Now Viewing)

• wallflower

I love this so much! Re: thank you for the comment! <3

• Mina_77

Beautiful!

• AstroWriter

Oh uh this is DEEP. But I like it!

• Rose A(hiatus)

This is wow. How did you do that with so few words? I'm impressed.

Also, I thought I'd stop by and tell you that I published the first draft of my song. If you ever have time, I'd love for you to check it out!

• Caleb Urlacher

you should check Charles Oleander out on here. his talent is insane lol

• beth r.

the heck this is so beautiful how
    "mourning my own death" that hits
    re: aw thank you!

• Busssy.Beee

re: yeah, he's probably rather hurt. but its crazy how much he changed from the beginning. but at the same time, im a little hurt with barney too. i wonder if he cheated while meeting with minnie, if that was the case- it would be so much worse.

speaking of minnie, do you think the baby is going to be a girl or boy? and what do you want it to be? ;)

• Busssy.Beee

re: woah, i have never even heard of cold days. but dangerously cold? that must be like really deep into the negatives :O i would probably not survive over there in Minnesota very well, since im so used to the warm haha.

yeah, idk if i ever thought of that either. i can't really recall much of what i did back then, partly because my memory span is extremely short, or because it's too embarrassing so i just forget it lol.

oh and one more thing! last night, i almost cried because of ebenezer T-T my heart feels very heavy knowing he is such a villain... T-T what do you think of him?

• Busssy.Beee

re: aww, that must be so fun to have snow!! only northern cali gets snow :P oh gosh, freezing skin? that seems harsh haha. the closest to extreme weather we get are heat waves...those are definitely not fun at all. wait, so if you get snow, does that mean you get snow days (i mean like actual school lol?)

omc haha! that's like being able to read dogs' brains with their face xD i wish people were that easy lol, but i suck at reading people's expressions. and i just realized, the phrase, "puppy-sitting" or "baby-sitting" must sound terrifying to young students learning to read. they'll think that it means actual sitting on puppies or babies -.- (my sister thought that way lol)

replying: aww thank you so so much,your words mean the world. and i dont deserve all the support you give me,thank you angel<3

re: ahhhhh thank uuuuuuuuu! hahahehehehahaheheh (me? power-hungry? no!!!!) but seriously, you are one of my closest friends on here and i can't stop thanking you for EVERYZZTHZING! (huh typing isn't working for me today nd too lazy to fix it) i'm so glad we know each toher 9even ifts only online). <3<30)<4

• Busssy.Beee

re: wow! in the negatives?! does that mean you get snow? i'm in southern cali, so weather is pretty warm in the afternoons and evenings and such. mornings are kind of cold, but its getting warmer with each passing day, so :))

for a second i thought of a 40-year old man standing in front of a pile of chew toys lol. i wonder if dogs have annoyed faces, that would be quite interesting haha. and have you ever puppy-sitted oskar before? or was this your first time?

• antizoeclub

re: thank you so so much !! you're always too sweet omg <33 and the message board is a richard siken quote! it's from one of my all time favorite poems, 'snow and dirty rain' :))

• Busssy.Beee

re: hehe i'm doing well. there's some busy things here and there, but generally speaking, life's haven't really been that bad. i played some badminton over the weekend and did some earthworm picking so :D

puppy-sitting? that's seems so cool, though i'm scared of dogs haha. but 7 years old- isn't that like really old in dog years? :O did Oskar and Finnegan work well together? and btw: those names are so cute!!

• psithurism

re: Ahhh thank you so much! ilysm dude! <3<3<3

• jubileesong42

re: oh cool! glad that works out. I made three different intro videos as a joke because I had like a strictly country intro, a film student intro, and a ukulele girl intro and they were very fun but I couldn't post them, obviously.

• jubileesong42

I still don't know how to reply to comments exactly so I'm replying to your comment on my song here! Okay, thank you and thank you for listening, I appreciate it so much and I'm glad I looked pretty because I was stresssssed about making the video and I couldn't see anything because my glasses were off. Anyway, enough info dumping online, um, I love this 25 word story you have here. "the stars in his eyes were cold" is an excellent line. It's very dramatic but in a subtle way. Great work again!

• Mpm#1

Beautiful!
    Re: Thank you!!!!

• rosi willard

• Jason_claire :)

I love to ebb and flow of your words. Even if it's a little vague, it's very beautiful.
    replying- Very much thank you

all i'm thinking is talent talent talent talent talent talent

• remi'sgotinkstains

WOW I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! and it makes so much sense don't worry . . . sense in a very unprose kind of way. if someone told me "fairy tales? grow up." i would embrace the moonlight and morn my death for sure. very well written. STUNNING job!!!! ;)

• Blue Jay

This just captures how growing up feels like so well. Absolutely stunning!

• Jasmine khawar

Ahhhhhhhhh stunning!!!! You're so talented!

• happygiggles

that last line is everything. i dont know what to say, that really left me speechless. i can almost feel the pain in the last line falling out of my laptop screen.

• rosi willard

• Just_A_Memory

Don’t worry, I still love it ;)

Re: Oh gosh tysm! I really appreciate that <3 Lmao I used to hate playing the piano, but when I learned all the chords and just played songs I loved it. (also this is gorgeous!)

ahhhhh no it makes perfect sense! the last line is just heartbreaking and this is such a wonderful story-- even in 25 words. love this idea to.
    re: ok i'm going to try to make this real short. first, thanks for responding to my very long comment with a very long comment of your own. your description of humility and self-doubt was so intriguing and i totally get what you were saying. i love your explantation of that, how self-doubt is negative whereas humility is being aware of actions and thoughts. that really opened my eyes and i love your explanation and you changed my mind on that front. and as for the self-degrading thing i said-- it came out wrong. i think that i meant that some religions have things that are considered sinful in their holy text and then people blame themselves and try to change to please the god (s) but it's no big deal and they don't actually need to change the big things. (ok this is me thinking out loud so nothing has to make sense to you-- it barley does to me. this is a whole lot of gibberish). i really enjoyed reading your comment though and understanding what you think and value. i agree with you on most things and your bit about reassuring me about not really believing in a god made me feel so much better. and i get what u mean in your poem. tnaks for clearing things up and talking witrh me.
    have an amzing day!
    <3<3<3

• Ree Sethu

WOWWWW!!!

• psithurism

re: Update: She's now fallen asleep under my window. XD

• Yellow Sweater

I've this like five times. Each time I read it, a new layer is revealed. Wow. Brilliant.