Parisienne

18
Scorpio
Daydreamer, writer, artist and traveller
Coffee addict
Dreaming of Paris

Hey everyone! This is my attempt for the song writing competition (might do a recording of it too...haven't decided yet)
Let me know what you think, hope you are okay xo

How

Verse one
These memories aren't going
always stagnant never flowing
I'm stuck
just like a spider to a web

my head is wrapped in violence
as I hide within the silence
never knowing what to do
or what he said

Bridge
We never speak now
strangers
and I'll never know how

Chorus
How I lost that boy I laughed with 
as we danced within the rain
the one I'd known forever
and I thought he felt the same
the way he looked at me later
made ice chill within my veins
with his hands around her shoulders
oh, again and again and again
how I lost something 
that once meant so much to me

Verse two
It's a recurring vision
it felt like a sharp incision 
in my heart
as I witnessed them that day

so I ran 'till I forgot it
but my brain just will not stop it
playing over
and over again

Bridge
we never speak now
strangers
and I'll never know how

Chorus
How I lost that boy I laughed with 
as we danced within the rain
the one I'd known forever
and I thought he felt the same
the way he looked at me later
made ice chill within my veins
with his hands around her shoulders
oh, again and again and again
how I lost something 
that once meant so much to me

oooh to me
oooh to me
how did I lose something
that once meant so much
to me?

• nolongeractive

I think that this might be one of the best pieces I have seen on this platform. It is so deep and meaningful in unexplainable ways, as it captivated with its descriptions of ordinary feelings that often aren't brought up in today's world. This is so lovely! Such relatable and special words. If you would like to review one of my songs, I would love more reviews on mine called 'butterfly sadness,' 'gatekeeper,' and 'motif.' Much love! Also, if you want editing or songwriting help [OR WANT TO COLLABORATE ON A SONG], please don't hesitate to reach out.

re: thank you! i'm ok now. your writing is just so lovely... also, i realize that i didn't reply to your last comment (one of the long ones) but i can't remember where or when it is... oops

• barelybear

Re: Ugh lockdown again is awful I agree. I’m super glad they actually decided to cancel GCSEs because for a while I thought we were going to have to go through with them :c it’s kinda chaotic not knowing how they will be replaced. Perhaps you’re doing a levels or college as you’re 18, so good luck with them if you are!
    I’m from the south too! More specifically the south west, near Wales so that we can visit my grandparents easily :)

• The Inky Writer

These lyrics are incredible. Raw, beautiful and so poetic. I would love to hear you perform this song!

RE: Thank you so much for your comment on my song 'Trapped in My Head'. it means so much, if you ever need someone to talk to my email is andreaking379@gmail.com. You are such a great writer too! I hope you have a great day :)

• Zirong

Your lyrics are as beautiful as your poems!!! Somehow when I read this I have a tune in my mind :3 Can't wait to listen to it!

re: "Strangers" is surely effective! I noticed that you also wrote "strangers" in the lyrics. Are these two related awww?
    Things are getting much better now since it's HOLIDAY and I'm in a holiday mood haha *star eyes* You are really kind awww *air hug* Last evening I went out to eat BBQ + Chinese food with friends for CNY eve, and we really had a great time. I also received a lot of Hongbao :D now I'm a rich kid XD(jkjk, actually not really a kid anymore) However, I don't know whether it's because of the pandemic and all the social distancing restrictions, the vibe is not that New Year-like here this year, and so I don't feel very motivated to have more celebrations. Maybe I'll just sleep more haha(I'm too sleep-deprived this year to crave for anything else during holidays XD) ooo it's great to hear that you also eat Chinese food for this festival! And I think the spirit is there as long as you can have fun :D Do you have any favourite Chinese dish?
    I'm sorry that you never had a white Christmas(maybe you'll have one when you travel to other places in the future!) It's getting ever hotter here, and now I really want the snow :( (but perhaps when I shiver in the snow I want summer back XD) A labradoodle!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    (sorry I'm going a bit crazy now) And your descriptions about her are just...awwwwwwwww so lovely! Omg how glad I'll be if I can play with her someday :3
    It's very sad that...I'm so terrible at taking care of animals when I was younger that all the pets I had didn't live for a very long time...I feel sad and guilty when plants die but much much more for animals, so I never had any more pets(aside from the hare) after primary school. I'm still not very good now, when I get better at it perhaps I'll have a dog or cat! And awww thank you so much for all your kind words! I'll surely work hard on my books :)
    WOW you are already writing for local newspaper!!! You'll definitely be a GREAT journalist!!! And a GREAT artist too!!!
    omg I feel sorry that you can't chew gum when you visit here, but that's what the law says... *sigh*
    Yep I'm going to publish a version of me singing! My friend is helping with the music arrangement, and hopefully it can be done before the competition deadline -- if not I guess I'll just go for a cappella :) I don't think I'll play the flute this time but maybe I'll do that in the future! Oh no worries about the text abbreviations haha, I found it really hard to understand initially but now I'm quite used to them XD I use them when I text people as well!
    Also, I really hope the situation can get much much better soon in your country...and the monotone voice part I can definitely relate(I feel sleepy when hearing my history teacher's voice also -- is it a history-teacher-thing? XD XD XD) It's mainly the high school work that stresses me *sigh* I feel lucky that my teachers and classmates are all very caring. I won't make it through without their support! WtW also plays a huge part in cheering me up! I feel so thankful for all the kindness and love I've received awww! :3
    Last but definitely not least, I feel so happy that you can be more online these few days too!!! I really love knowing more about you!!! Have a nice day :D

this. is. virtuosic. please. my heart, it can't bear it.

• AJ - Izzy

awww my gosh, my heart just kinda, died... this is gorgeous and so so good! as barelybear said, "perfect balance of rhyme, imagery, and storyline." i love love love the line, "my head is wrapped in violence / as I hide within the silence"... it just, spoke to me, and this is beautiful writing. Amazing work, and good luck in the competition!!! :))

• barelybear

Aghhhh how are you this kind and amazing???
    This song is super cool! I love that you’ve got a perfect balance of rhyme, imagery and storyline.
    Thanks so much for the comment as well! I’d just published and made myself a cup of tea (English Breakfast - legendary) and then got back to your super sweet words :D

Re: Thanks!

• aaliyahh

re: ahh, thank you so much that mean a lot :). btw i love what you wrote here, especially "as we danced within the rain", gorgeous!