Parisienne

18
Scorpio
Daydreamer, writer, artist and traveller
Coffee addict
Dreaming of Paris

Hey everyone, hope you're alright :)
Please let me know what you think of this, I really love hearing from you guys
Take care xo

Salt

9
Love isn't everything
it's like salt
not instrumental to the meal
and our hearts
would probably be less damaged without it
but love enhances every flavour
every aspect
of life so beautifully
that we can't help
but season our entire existence with it

• February 4, 2021 - 5:26am (Now Viewing)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I love the last line. This is such an amazing metaphor and is very creative. I love the language and the comparison to love. All in all a beautiful piece.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I love this so much it is so beautiful

• Zirong

re: ooo so you are younger than me~ I love the fact that we were born at a similar time and we are both daydreamers and travellers :D

• Sol noctis

re: thank u

• Zirong

re: thank u! Wow so we were born in the same month and the same year! *star eyes* I wonder whether it's the same day haha~ My birthday is Oct 16th. How about you?

• Zirong

re: thank uuu~ For now we are not in lockdown in Singapore. However, the situation is not that rosy so maybe policies will be changed soon. And OMG I LOVE VANILLA LATTE SO MUCH TOO! Honestly I wish coffee can wake me up coz then I won't fall asleep during lessons XD Yes we should definitely go get coffee if I'm ever in England! Actually I've been thinking about how I can keep in touch with my WtW friends in real life after I turn 19(which is coming soon in 8 months...:() and have to leave this site. Maybe we can exchange emails then if you don't mind? I'm not sure whether this site allows this but it's not in violation of anything I think.

• Ree Sethu

lovely, deep and beautiful. wow!

• Zirong

This describes love so well! I love how you can always catch the essence of abstract things in your poems!

re: awww thank you so much! I'm perfectly fine :D I hope you are good too! I saw in your profile that you are a coffee addict -- I may also be a coffee addict if it does not make me feel more sleepy haha(yes I know it's weird that coffee makes me sleepy when it's supposed to wake me up) Still, I like the taste of coffee! And I love latte best, how about you? :)

YES "we can't help / but season out entire existence with it" so true
    re: haha it's so funny to see our different perceptions of each other because of the countries we live in! yes, hagrid totally should have had a southern accent.
    I KNEW IT! what house were you in??? XD
    haha, i am not a beach girl or your typical cali girl, so i don't remember sunset blvd and i don't think i saw much street art (although i'd like to). i was actually born in china and adopted when i was less than a year old, so i'm definitely not that blonde, tan, beachy vibes kind of girl—mountains and desert for me! (those actually go together very much in the american southwest!) haha i didn't quite think that but the tea assumption was in my head.
    hm, interesting to hear your take on accents. some english accents def sound posh. those ones are fun to do (like when I'm reading Hermione's voice in the first book, or draco's) it's a lot more sharp and clipped. more of a traditional "queen's english" i suppose, although i can keep it a little softer and round off the harsher letter sounds.
    gosh i wanna go to london now. hm... NYC or DC? well, prob NYC just cause it's so full of life (or it was) and it's so... iconic. DC is our political center, so I'd prob pick NYC. Although the Smithsonian! (they had this exhibit with all the first ladies' inaugural ball dresses... i loved seeing the evolution in fashion.) victorian and edwardian eras are my personal favorites (you should see my pinterest boards haha) but what am i talking about? sorry, rambling
    the statue of liberty is as beautiful irl! i couldn't believe i was actually looking at this icon of the american dream (and i got some decent pictures too). unfortunately we were not special enough to get to go inside, but i know people have. the empire state building is pretty cool too; we went up at night... and it's just stunning. it makes everything seem more beautiful and mysterious than it is.
    hm. i think the royal family is cool. more the idea of it than the reality, tho. i admire queen elizabeth ii for sure; also, people in her family lived a long time! i was looking at a family tree, and i think severa; of her parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles lived into their nineties! so i'm curious about that... i heard that she's a cannibal, but somehow i find that hard to believe. XD as for the others... well, i suppose it's fun to see what they're wearing and how cute their kids are. but i don't follow up on that. i don't really even follow the lives of american celebs. although taylor swift is one of my faves, at least for her music and lyrics and approach on life (mostly). what do you think of taylor?
    oh i'm so glad paris was what you hoped!!!!! what got you into paris? how come you decided you wanted to move there?
    ha i'll prob pack SO many clothes if/when i travel to europe (hopefully "when") to accommodate every possible place and activity.
    best states for visiting, hmm... depends on what you're into. i need sunshine, so utah and colorado are amazing. it's really cool how you can go from sandy desert and red rock to grassy clearings and thousands of butterflies and flowers just by going up a few thousand feet in elevation (ack what is that in meters?) well, i wanna move to out there someday, but i def recommend california because it's california. it's iconic. there are beaches. there is disneyland and hollywood and the golden gate bridge and tons of national parks. and lots of people. and very expensive gas, just fyi. oregon is also really awesome; Silver Falls State Park has dozens of waterfalls along this one hiking loop, and it feels very surreal to walk behind a waterfall. lots of great breweries and coastal activities as well.
    hope you're having a good day/evening as well! what time zone are you? (I'm PST so it's 5:23 when I'm writing this)

• barelybear

Sheish this was way too beautiful and hit hard. I love “Enhances every flavour/ every aspect.” But I need salt -
    how else am I supposed to cry? Ahah
    Have a great day :)