barelybear

she/her, INFJ-A
musicals
fantasy/dystopian fiction
piano
life goal = becoming fluent in le français
☕️
est August 2020
community ambassador alum :D
They tell me I’m 16 but I’m sceptical
the squirrel is back!!

Beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes:
small, large, round, square ... stuffed crust, crispy, extra cheese ...

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Writing4Life: The Adams to my King George

My big sis, the potato fanatic and utter genius: Parisienne <3

Feel free to comment a piece if you want a review - I actually love writing them haha ;)

Has anyone read A Swim In A Pond In The Rain? (by George Saunders)

SHEPHERD’S PIE AND TEA! c:
Have an amazing day!

Skeleton Tree

PROMPT: 25 Words

10
Beneath the skeleton tree, the wind bites blue bands into my fingers. I kneel, shins digging into rotting apples. I know when I am defeated. 

• February 4, 2021 - 4:29am (Now Viewing)

Ooooooooooooooooo Ellie this is amazing! I love it :D

WOW! Ellie! This was so amazing. It was definitely tragic and so sad but you showed defeat so well and I can picture everything. "blue bands" was so vivid and even how you said "rotting" to describe the apples. Everything in this is so carefully worded!

RE: Awww thank you so much! And aww I’m really glad you thought so, I definitely wanted it to be. Thank you!

(Ok so I’m going to attempt to use fewer exclamation marks in this message because it makes it so hard to read loll)
    LOLL, no I came sixth TWICE in FIVE years with TONS of different events lolll. But I mean the people who won were always the same so it’s a tiny win hehe
    Oooh cool, we call it cross country too. Loll, but wait omg, calling yourself unathletic and then proceeding to say how you used to get 1st/2nd? Tsk tsk, Eloise, that’s a bit too modest *incredulous face*.
    Lolll now I am too! Great image if I do say so.
    Hahahaaaa lolll, your comments are a piece of writing themselves with all the imagery they have!

Yes it really is *sobs and grabs an embroidered handkerchief to dab aggressively at the corner of my eyes- no I do not have an embroidered handkerchief though I wouldn’t be surprised if you do with all your Britishness* Wow that was a long Asterix thingy.
    Yesss, every time we return we bring like a whole suitcase full of chocolate lollll (really shows you how seriously we consider chocolate) and then we ration it as long as we can so we don’t have to buy the limited imported ones they have here for like 3 times the price *sob* We do get some normal Cadbury bars at like dollar store (Candian version of pound land- lot worse though) but not all the flavours!
    Hahahaaaa! Yeah it really does, well hopefully they’re happy now :)

Not ewww it just tastes ewwww! And haha nope, well not unless you go to some of the really old towns (cause you know they were settled by Europeans) And haha but they’re just awwww so cute. Awwwww, that sounds so beautiful.

Yeah. HAHA really had to bring up the multiple choice? That’s the thing my mum always brings up. But it’s often actually harder because there’s this blind monkey thing so if you get exactly half of them right, you don’t get a 50 because statistically, you should get half right. And a lot of times it’s “what is the best answer” and that is the hardest ever! 5 weeks yikes, yeah we do have it easier that way but no, we don’t have one! We have one for each of our subjects (we have two semesters though so we have fewer at a time and so fewer exams at once) It’s definitely a lot easier cause of that here hehe. And yeahhh, we don’t get to do that! No fair!

Lollll! Haha literally going to be me with half of the subjects I’m learning now and thank you :)

Awwww yes, that sounds like the absolute perfect life. Lolll, it didn’t come across bad at all.
    Wow that sounds so amazing and cool and haha aww. Yeah it’s definitely something of a pipe dream now.

Hahaha lolll, I like “phenomenal”, that’ll be your name now. Forsake Ellie, tis presently known by the name phenomenal. (Lol, just had to try adding another shakespearean line)

Haha aww yeah he was super nice! It was just idk kind of scary to see how devoted someone could become to their career that they wouldn’t have time to start a family. (Like totally fine for the people who don’t but I just love little kids, they’re sooo cute!)

Hahaaa loll. Mmmm pudding! Yum- cafeteria food here is terrible! And haha, nice. Cauliflower is pretty good- mm, my mum does make something sometimes called cauliflower and cheese and it’s basically just what it sounds like but it’s in this white sauce as well and it’s yummy!

Thank youuu! English today was actually pretty fun and I accredit it to you XD Have a fun morning too! Go stare down a cow for me haha!

• AugustLiao24601

Hi!
    Thanks a lot for commenting on my work! It really warms my heart because I didn't expect to be recognized this quickly. It means perhaps more than most people could imagine.
    The reason why I choose to comment here because 1) I don't know how else I can talk to you and 2) this piece is amazing. It's really interesting how you choose this setting to reflect your internal thoughts. The strong imagery is engraved in my mind and I can't think of better ways to create such splendid work. Brava.

• remi'sgotinkstains

oh, just say your message box . . . i'm a major tea-drinker too. i love chai (who doesn't?) and this orange and peach flavor i get that is totally unexpected from what i first imagined it would taste like . . . it tastes like spicy juice spilling over your fingers, cramming it into your mouth, dribbling down your chin, sitting in a pool of sunshine, under the most wonderful tree in the world . . . yup. This spring I'm going to plant a whole bunch of herbs and make my own tea mixes . . .can't wait!
    Also, you sound like a really cool and interesting person! ;)

• remi'sgotinkstains

oooh, this gives me a very vivid picture! great description. i can feel the wind biting into my fingers and my shins muddied with rotten apples . . . stunning!

Re: Ach tysm! You too! (if you entered lol)

• Ree Sethu

You have created such a mystic atmosphere in 25 words! that's such a wonderful achievement!

• Parisienne

re: thank you! haha yes. Hope you have a good day

• Parisienne

ooooh this is so interesting...I just want to know more! :)