useless :)

hi!
idrk what i'm doing but
14 :)
pisces
est 1/22/21

scribble chums with Starlitskies, em wilder, and remi'sgotinkstains
go check them out, they're amazing writers :)

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."- Anne Shirley
"Thank you for your consideration."- Katniss Everdeen
"Great, we're all bloody inspired."- Newt

thank you so much for 100 followers!! :)

have a great day everyone!

forever my home

about something that you’ve had to leave behind (~wildflower~)

a wistful glance at a photograph unlocks
the flimsy gates holding back memories of
the place i call home. i try time and time again
to bind them with the ropes of conformity
that lay broken within my mind, shove them into the
box labeled 'my past' where they belong, but
it seems my yearning for those moments
is stronger than my attempts to resist.
if a picture is worth a thousand words than i
should really let it do the talking, but my mind is
already brimming with a foreign sense of
delight that only a moment of my past could offer. it is
this photograph which lets my mind soar,
carried away by the wind and forced to
shatter the windows of time with my own sheer will.
i am suddenly there, in the middle of
the beautiful chaos of a bustling city. it is not
a slow intake of happiness, but a rush of adrenaline which
fills me with a sense of euphoria i forgot
was possible to feel. the sounds of frenzied voices
and taxi honks are a continuum of madness, but i
love every second of it, as they are the ever so precious memories
of my childhood. i intake all of this, my mind
at ease amongst the imperfectness of this
place that only makes it so much greater for me. at last,
i sigh. i know this is only my imagination, so i resign to
the outlines of reality and return to the present.
i'm in my real room, and i still somewhat think of it as new but,
if four years isn't enough time to call
a place home then when will it ever be? i am washed over
by realization then, and smile at the comfort 
of knowing that although i ​am sitting in
my house, watching palm trees
sway carefully outside my window, i will
always be able to visit my forever home,
if only in my mind.

i knew exactly what i'd do with this prompt when i saw it, so ty for the idea wildflower!!
i was talking about the city i grew up in, and don't get me wrong, i love where i live now but if you know what i mean, it'll never be my real 'home'. also, i know this format, like most of my pieces, is wacky but uhm...idk lol i kinda like writing like this sometimes, it's weird
thanks for reading :)

Awwww this is so sad but you describe the longing for your old home perfectly and this story progresses perfectly! "if a picture is worth a thousand words than I/should really let it do the talking," was just wow and the last line made the whole poem make so much sense that I already knew what it was about before reading the footnotes! And I love the format you write your poems in! In fact, I just tried to do one more like this but lol, not sure what I think of it yet- maybe I'll see tomorrow when I look at it with a fresh pair of eyes!
    RE: Awww you’re so sweet! And haha, you’re not being nosy at all- we haven’t talked but tbh, because of that I almost feel like I don’t really like him anymore but as soon as I see him again I’m going to like him all over again lolll.
    Hahahaha- noooo, you need to sleep! and then you can have amazing dreams and write more beautiful poetry!
    LOLLL- honestly though!
    Oooh everything has a name doesn’t it XD Yeahhh- I really love them! But the only thing is mine are like I can dream up the instance but for some reason there’s things that I can’t change- like I can almost always never run (idk why, it’s sooo weird XD)
    No prob! And awww yeah, my mum often says the same thing. Then I just say “I have too many thoughts because I’m a genius” or something like that XD
    Maybe if you don’t for a few nights then you could prove to her it’s because of something else? Idk, I will pray for you to be able to sleep! XD HAHAHA- loll, I was always ok too but before I went my parents would tell me to be careful and all that so then I would end up physc ing myself out! But haha yeah! haha thanks for the conversion! but oh my! how could you stomach hot chocolate at that weather? I would die of heat!!! but i mean, chocolate is definitely worth it hahaha!

OHHHH loll! Hahah- I love how against hot weather you are!! It’s so against the traditional floridian depicted in tv and movies! XD Haha palm trees are really beautiful but yeah, it can get boring just having one type. I still find it so weird to think that palm trees grow in America (they could NEVER survive the climate here loll)
    Oooh ok. And hahah loll, well I do love technicalities but pleaseeee sleep! (I don’t want to sound like your mother- I just want you to not have a headache or your eyes hurting for the rest of the day!!- is that just me when I stay up late? XD)
    Thank youuuuu (I did see this in the morning but I only got enough time to sit down and respond now so technically you’re right XD ;)
    Ok also, here’s a would you rather: would you rather Have a great (insert current time)! :D

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh lol, yes it is literally my everyday outfit.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thank you for the comment! Yes I'm swimsuit, soccer jersey, and shorts, every. Day. (A true californian :) but one of my friends is a wannabe fashion designer but she surfs with us and she's a feminist, totally awesome, but creating clothes calms her :)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: thank you, bella florence! ;) i though the "but no longer" bit was pretty good too *if i do say so myself, sheepish grin* ;)

• Kahte

re: thanks for the tip lol :) thank you for checking my work out too!! it means a lot

re: yeah, nyc and florida are really different. i would miss a lot of things about my city too. and hey, just noticed this but your bio said you'll be 14 in 17 days and i was wondering did you update it today? ha! well happy early bday.
    <3

this was so full of nostalgia and bittersweet resignation and imagery and just everything that makes a great poem. ahhh the last line was my favorite i think! there were so many amazing lines though that i can't pick one. so you moved, right? where from, where to if you don't mind me asking. i've never moved cities, just houses once when i was five. i've always wanted to move across the country though and live on the east coast (i live on the west).
    re: thank you so much for your comments, they mean a lot to me. and thanks for the title suggestion! might use that.
    <3

• ~wildflower~

Re: Oh wow, that's so cool!! I can't believe there's a word that so perfectly describes how I feel!!! Thanks for telling me about that :) It's definitely one of my new favourite words. And I'm so glad you like the prompt! I got sooo excited when I saw that it had been included.

• AstroWriter

What's that? Oh is it another chapter for Magnum? I think it is!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: lol ;)

• ~wildflower~

This is a beautiful piece! The way you’ve described your feelings is just wonderful - it felt like I was right there with you in the city, felling the way you were. I also had to leave behind a place that felt like my real home, but now I feel like that place has moved on without me and I don’t belong there anymore, but I don’t belong where I am either. So I think now I yearn for a home that I’ve never been to, if that makes any sense? Anyway, sorry for rambling. Thank you so much for using my prompt! I love this piece!!
    Re: thank you so much!!!!!!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yup. now it's 11:07 am for me. hehe, I'm just going to tell you what time it is for me every time I comment. That means that it's currently 3 pm for you . . . wow, your day is nearly over!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yes, I live in washington state. right now it's currently 8:50 am for me . . . you?

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yeah, that happens to me sometimes. and it sucks because then I'm tired during the day, but I can't go to sleep until it's nearly time to get up! And wow . . . New York City! That's all the way across the US for me! It sounds so far away . . . lol ;)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: aww thanks! I'm actually REALLY proud of that poem! Thank you for loving it too! ;)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: aww pretty well . . . there's a sickness running through our house . . . isn't COVID, but I hope I don't get it (I have five siblings). I've always had trouble moving. When we moved from Portland I was devastated. I remember sitting on the couch for days, maybe even weeks, no trace of a smile for months, staring out the window, wishing I wasn't seeing so many trees and not Gladstone Street. Then when we moved from our farm to where we live now I hated Washington, HATED it. It wasn't so bad when we moved again because we moved in the same town and out previous house WAS HORRIBLE, but I still missed things. I'm a nostalgic person. Howru?

• remi'sgotinkstains

love the last line! and the whole poem is so nostalgic and takes me right there alongside with you! I lived in a city when I was younger too . . . although I don't remember much of it because we soon moved to the country and have been living in small towns in the countryside ever since ;) love this, well done!

• Ye_Old_Fountain_Pen

Re: Aw thanks! I've been impressed by the nice welcomes I've already got here on the platform (: By the way, I like this piece here. To capture an experience of your own and translate it to words isn't always easy. Well done! :D