doodleninja

18

~your local angst-y Christian girl~

ARMY <3

soli Deo gloria!

link to recording below! hopefully it works. i think i spent an-hour-and-a-half on the recording alone (*insert dead-inside smiley face*)

let me know what you think!

big shoutout to anne blackwood and anson reynolds for their support throughout the drafting process! <3

noises in the night

[Verse 1]

these noises in the night
creep into my ears like blight
who needs monsters 'neath my bed
when the demon's in my head
amplifiers in my brain
and they're driving me insane
block it out, I don't know how
it's too loud,
loud, loud, loud, loud, loud
loud

[Chorus]

I cannot sleep
even when I shut my eyes
and I scream it to myself
that everything's alright
I know it's not
so I make up these lies
and I grow deaf to everything
but these noises in the night

[Verse 2]

these mumblings in my mind
all they do is remind me
that human nature isn't pretty
we hide a devil tucked inside
the volume's turned up high
and all the butterflies are dying
from this terrible sound
that's too loud
loud, loud, loud, loud, loud
loud

[Chorus]

I cannot wake
even when I want to move
but I can't find my will to fight
'cause it's a battle I'll just lose
I distract myself
but even stars can't shine this bright
so I grow deaf to everything
but to these noises in the night

[Bridge]

when
will I learn
that I'm a victim 
of myself

I
can always be
that selfless hero
for someone else

but I need you to save me
I'm my own worst enemy

[Chorus]

I cannot win
even when I glimpse the light
it's my own voice that's echoing
"you'll never make this right"
I know my thoughts
are senseless screeching in my mind
"you're unworthy and unloveable"
why do I believe these awful lies
lies, lies, lies
lies

[Outro]

maybe if you sing me a lullaby
I could grow deaf to
these noises in the night 

Re: Oh cool that's good.

Re: Awesome! Amen! Oh dang that's gotta be a weird feeling.

• Busssy.Beee

Your fingers glide across the horse's coat, the pearl white hair tickling your fingertips. Buck taps you on the shoulder and asks, "Would you mind if I take your horse and get it ready?" You nod, and hand the horse over to Buck. Within minutes, he comes back with your horse, all saddled up. Grabbing the reins, you hop onto the saddle. Engraved onto the side of the leather seat, you find a link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/228320/version/482875

Re: Thank you so much! Your comment made me smile and is definitely helpful. (No worries I totally get that) (Hi! It's nice to see you around as much as you're able. I'm doing pretty well, hbu?)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: heh, yeah... I have a lot of catching up to do! XD But they are hilarious. I smile almost the entire time. :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ooh! That’s great! So to be honest, I only started watching them a few days ago... but I’m going mostly in order, so I’m slowlyyyy working my way to the more recent ones! XD My favorite episode so far has been Episode 9 (I think that was it). The ATV flag hunt one. Ohhhh I laughed for basically the whole show! XD

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ooh, sounds great! Thank you!
    Also, do you watch any episodes of Run BTS?

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ooh, no I haven’t, but I’ve heard of it! I guess I need to.... I’ll try to check it out soon! Thanks for the suggestion.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes yes!
    Ooh, cool! Mine would have to be Hobi. He’s so energetic and just fun. But the other two are amazing rappers as well! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes it is! I love Suga’s rapping in I’m Fine; it’s amazing.
    Aww thank you! That means a lot to me. :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ooh, cool! I’ve heard one or two of those; I should check out the others! Thanks for the recommendations! I love rocking out to Airplane Part 2, I’m Fine, and DNA in particular (but of course there are a lot).

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: I know, right! It’s such a fun way to relax and let go of stress.
    Ooh, cool! Um, I’m sure I’ve heard some of them. Which ones are your favorites? Yeah, they have so many different styles that are all so good... it’s amazing how varied their talent is.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: haha, YESSS! Aww, thank you so much! Yeah I loved it so muchhhhhh! I’m great, thank you (partially because I’ve been binge listening to BTS the past few days and it’s amazingggg) XD

• Rohan’s Defender

Hey! How are you?
    Have you seen the new BTS music video Film Out?!

• serein

re: thank you!!
    YES the truth untold is such a great song :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: haha, yes I totally get it!! XD They are really good at dancing, and I... am not. XD

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ha, wow! XD Yeah, you should definitely stick to watching their choreo videos... if you watched me do it, you might not like the song anymore because of how terrible I am at it, lol. XD

• Just_A_Memory

Re: I'm breathing lol. I'll take what I can get *shrug*

• Just_A_Memory

She sat at the edge of the water, waves brushing her toe-tips. Beside her was a stack of rocks she'd been skipping, their flat, slate-like textures perfect for the job. Her white dress pooled around her, light hair cascading down her back. She picked up one of the rocks, inspecting it closely. The sides of it had been worn over time, but there was still a faint imprint. Running her fingers along the edge, she whispered the numbers and letters she felt.
    She had carved the link into the side of the rock. It was part of her life's work. Something she held dear to her. Maybe someone would find it one day. Perhaps not. All she knew, was that she hoped someone would share the journey with her. Standing, she tossed the rock as far as she could. She couldn't even hear the soft *plop* it made as it hit the surface of the water. She waited until the rippled stopped and then turned, walking back down the path she'd come from, the only sound the rustling of the poplars.

Hey! It's been forever! How are you? I hope everything is going well!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes, RM did surprise me a bit (but I was watching a lyric video so I knew he was in the song). But it was really pretty. Hmm, no I haven’t! I need to check that one out! Have you heard BTS’ Boy With Love (I’m sure you probably have, but that one is just such a fun song to watch their dance practice video of).

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: I KNOW, I relate so much to it right now! It’s one of my favorites now; I love the lyrics and his voice... *insert heart eyes* Also, I could be wrong, but to me it sounds like Jimin is singing backup in that one... and I listened to 4 O’Clock, and I love it too!!!! Maybe we just need to keep recommending songs for each other, lol. XD

Re: No problem! And that's alright :) Yeahhh I didn't exactly appreciate it.

Re: Thanks! (also, I can't believe you drew your pfp; it's gorgeous!) Yeah idk what it is lol. This is beautiful btw! You have a really lovely voice, and you're super talented at playing the piano!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes yes I agree!
    Yes, it is so sweet. And sad. But heart melting, you know?! :)
    Ooh, I need to listen to those! His voice is GORGEOUS! Oh, also I listened to Moonchild! It had really fascinating lyrics too. Let me know what you think of Sweet Night; it’s one of my new favorites.

Re: Yeah lol :P It is! No, not yet. I think we find out in the next few weeks though. I really want to play Puck, but there's a few people who do so I may not. Tbh, I feel like I'll probably end up playing a boy lol. I always seem to play guys, probably cause I don't really mind. Tho, the boys in my group HATE the idea of playing girls though I think it would be hilarious :'P

Re: Oh funnnnn. Thanks! Well, we have 2 semesters (it's technically an acting uni that has classes that kids can go to. Lol never thought I'd be going to uni at 14), so this semester we're devising Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww, thank you so much!! :) yeah, I hear you! I’m pretty well, thank you. I’m tired and have been a bit emotional while listening to music today tbh, but pretty good overall. Yes I love that song too! Is so beautiful but also sad (have you seen the video where Jimin breaks down crying during a performance? Then Jungkook leaves his spot to go comfort him; it’s like one of the saddest yet sweetest thing ever). But I’ve been listening to Sweet Night by V, and danggggggg... way to get me to feel emotional, lol. I actually really kind of relate to that song right now.

• Rohan’s Defender

Hi, Doodle! How you doin?

Re: Yep lol :P Hmm.....I just finished doing the pythagorean theory in maths (blech),, I hate maths lol. Hmmm not too much I guess lol

Re: It is! Ohhh maybe I already knew that but forgot lmao :P No, I'm independent, so I don't do tests or assignments or anything like that.

Re: Ehhh I'm so lucky I'm homeschooled. And rn, I'm reading a book series called Max and Liz, it's a (christian) series about like talking animals, it's really good. I just got the most recent book for Chrissymus.

re: thanks! I'm good ty :) Hbu? Yeah been alright. Have you got much homework?

• Ellington Stone

Oooh, I really like this. It's creepy in a fun sort of way.
    Re: Thanks, that means a lot!! I'm not on a mac, but thanks anyways. I'll figure it out eventually XD

Ayo! Been a long time since we last talked!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awesome! Yes, I’ll definitely talk to you about them! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes, I meant their latest album! Okay, cool; I’ll have to check it out! Thanks! Happy Suga day to you too! :D

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: you understand me!!! XD I’ve listened to a few, but Euphoria was my fav (aw, it’s incredible). I’ll have to listen to those!!! What’s their latest album?

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so much for this, this means so much to be and your comments are so kind! I really appreciate them!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes, I think the music video seriously almost made me cry, and I would not recommend it if you’re not up for feeling depressed by it. But the song is so emotional, and poetic.
    Okay, thanks for the recommendation! I keep listening to more of their songs I haven’t heard, and thinking they can’t get more beautiful. Like I heard Magic Shop a while back and though that would stay my favorite, but then I found Life Goes On. Today I listened to Euphoria..... I have no words.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: okay, so cool! Aw, I’m really happy to talk about it! Are there any more fun facts that I might not know (probably a lot, actually). And I actually listened to Spring day this morning, and it’s one of my new favorites. I love the “I miss you” message of the song.
    And thank you so much about my piece! Your comment was so sweet!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ah, wow, that’s so cool!! Yeah, I can definitely see where that would make things interesting! So, none of them are related, right? (I’ve really enjoyed talking to you about them, and I really appreciate your willingness to answer my questions!) :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Sorry for the question overload...

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: wow, that is crazy! Hey, I actually got it right! XD Also, another question since you know so much more about them than I do: do they all have very different personalities, or do they all think pretty similarly and that’s why they get along so well?

Re: :D <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ah, okay!! So mine would have to be Life Goes On I guess, followed by Dynamite and Magic Shop. Also, since I’m still kinda learning about them, were all the current members originally in the group when it started? (That was 7 years ago, am I right? I also think JK started when he was 15)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Re: Thank you for the hug. My name is madelyn and I love warm hugs lol. Yes I went through hell but I can use it to show people you can eventually find yourself. You can do it. God has a reason for your existence. But it really hurts when God doesn't show up. He has shown up a few moments lately but I am still searching for a huge presence of Him. Thank you for your kindness

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: XD ha!
    he seems like such a talented guy, tho they all do! Also, what’s your fav song of theirs?

• Avril

Wow I love the piano part to the recording of this song! It works so well with the melody and it reinforces the feeling of "loud, loud, loud" so well! :)

• Avril

Re: Thanks so much!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ha! XD okay cool! I still haven’t watched a whole lot of their videos, but I’m learning more and more about them! And my bias is Jungkook! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you so much!! :) How are you doing? What’s new with BTS (seriously though, because I’m behind, XD). Btw, did you say your bias is V?

• ~rain~

Re: Yes. Peppa Pig is truly a masterpiece of a show. And yessss I turn on Peg + Cat for my brother all the time but he doesn't like it *sigh* something is surely wrong with Isaac. He's currently yelling about a squid under his bed *slaps forehead* apparently squids are his biggest fear... lmao

• nolongeractive

This is so pretty, wow. Make sure to look out for my new song coming out tonight called 'the farm'

Re: :D <3

• nolongeractive

I think that this might be one of the best songs I have seen on this platform. It is so deep and meaningful in unexplainable ways, as it captivated with its descriptions of ordinary feelings that often aren't brought up in today's world. This is so lovely! Such relatable and special words. If you would like to review one of my songs, I would love more reviews on mine called 'butterfly sadness,' 'gatekeeper,' and 'motif.' Much love! Also, if you want editing or songwriting help [OR WANT TO COLLABORATE ON A SONG], please don't hesitate to reach out.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Chapter three about my life is out!

This is really well-written and I like the themes a lot. Good work! I hope you do well in the competition!

• ANSON REYNOLDS

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!! This is just fantabulous. Hope to see it on the top 100 billboard soon :)))
    re: THANK YOU so much for your comment <3

• Vanessa Wang

Hauntingly beautiful! This is really well done.

• Treblemaker

*APPLAUDS* Lovely! What a beautiful voice and the lyrics are so beautiful and it was so easy to follow your thoughts throughout the song. Made me smile and I was swaying by the end and humming along. Brava!

Re: Thanks! Just sorta came to me lol.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

I submitted the review! And I forgot to add this in the review, but you have the singing voice of an ANGEL! XD I'm just a teensy bit jelly-alright, alright. I'm SUPER JELLY! Girl, you need to be on AGT or some other talent show! Don't let this amazing talent go to waste! ^-^

Re: Anytime, mermaid. ;P

Re: Yup it works now!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Thanks! Glad to be back!
    And I'll review this as soon as I can! <3

Re: The link to the Vimeo video on this piece

Hey I tried clicking on the link but it said "Sorry, we couldn’t find that page"

Re: Ohhh okay thanks :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Hi, doodleninja! How have you been? Everything going well?
    As a sort of I'm-coming-back gift, I'd love to review three or more of your pieces. Will you let me know which ones I can review? Thanks! <3

Re: You're welcome! Would you mind telling me how you fixed it? Because that's the reason I'm not posting a recording.
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it. :D