McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi! Thank you so much for checking out my piece! Say whatever you want -- all criticism is very welcome!

celebrities

5
Posters of celebrities fill teenage bedroom walls
Kids dream of meeting their favorite all-star player and iconic award-winning singers
These are the people they look up to because… well they’re everywhere on the media
People wait for hours and hours, paying extra money to meet those providing entertainment
When in reality the heroes they should want to meet might be right across the street or ten minutes down the road
The ones saving lives, helping others and fighting like true warriors should; selflessly, responsibly, and incredibly
The doctors, nurses, healthcare workers, firefighters, teachers, educators, mail carriers, bus drivers, grocery workers, and tons more
Those who people don’t thank all the time or even think to ask how their day has been
These are the heroes who don’t save the day but save families, real lives, put others above themselves but don’t in return get anything near what they deserve

I despise the salaries of these tireless and dedicated people taking on first, second, and third shifts, twenty-four seven
And still they remain in the poverty or mid-class level, making a minuscule fraction of what celebrities are making
Why aren’t these frontline workers the celebrities starring in popular documentaries, writing memoirs about their life experiences, and signing autographs for teenagers to hang up in their bedrooms?

They should be the celebrities
They should be living in the luxurious mansions
They should be the ones reporters want to interview and publish articles of
They should be honored with dozens of awards
They should be driving the million-dollar cars
They should be appreciated more
So why are we just now celebrating them because of an unpredictable pandemic?
We should have been before because ideally, they are the celebrities
Thinking of all the frontline workers who continue to show resilience, strength, and bravery throughout this tragic and stressful pandemic. Sending lots of love to everyone :) 

• Abrianna

This is so true, ever since I was a little I have considered Police as my heroes they are so brave and kind and terribly underrated and I still do, all frontline workers are great.
    Re: Thanks yes it's nice to know most people can relate to not knowing what to do. Lucky you! You still have some years left, I only have a couple months..:)

Awww, I like this piece. It's so true, "When in reality the heroes they should want to meet might be right across the street or ten minutes down the road" was my favourite part because I just felt like you put it in the perfect place and it was really powerful and I love the repetition of "they should". RE: Omg awwww, thank you so much-and seeeee, you’re giving me sooo much proof to show you’re literally sooo nice! :)) And awwww, thank you so much! I’m glad you liked it! To be honest, when I started writing I didn’t know where I was going, I just kept writing, and then poof I finished. :)

• nolongeractive

This is so great; my new song called 'the farm' is out now if you wanna check it out!

• Nikki

lovely piece , the feeling is so strong and raw!
    re: thank you thank you thank you!!! your comment truly made my day, it was just the sweetest. it's the best feeling in the world when someone appreciates your work. so thank you for the love! :)

This is amazing!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, thank you! Have a great day/night!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thanks so much, and so are you!! I can't wait for you to read them!

• nolongeractive

Re: Yes, you got almost everything right, thanks so much you are the best.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh, my mistake lol :P I should be getting to bed anyways it's been a long day...:) I'm reading things wrong already XD

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

This is so true! Except, dentists are actually at more risk than the ICU doctors, fun fact, but they get zero appreciation :(

• nolongeractive

Re: Thanks so much!

And this is just fabulous, it really had me on the edge of my seat and deep in thought.