Nikki

feminist
fantasy freak
would marry Inej Ghafa any day
yes, i cant ever my eyeliner to be straight <3
writes, because the other option is shutting down

'From my rotting body flowers shall grow and I am them and that is eternity'
-Edward Munch

'The sun watches what I do, but the moon knows all my secrets'
-J.M wonderland

'I am a mess of unfinished thoughts'
-John Mayer

Some words i love, you may too:
Hiraeth (Welsh)
A homesickness for a home which maybe never was
Saudade (Portuguese)
Longing for something that might never return
yuánfèn (Mandarin)
To have fate without destiny

'it is not in love we are truly blind, but in hatred'
-Mpm#1

books we can talk about:
six of crows
king of scars
KOTLC
mistborn trilogy
maze runner
and literally anything else. i absolutely love talking to people. so come chill with me

POVs sfter grandmother's death

I lie in bed watching the shadow of my window against the cupboard. It was a cold night, huddled in a mess of blankets next to me was my sister. It was nights like these that made me wonder. I wondered about my grandmother, this bed had once been hers, so the room. Had she also flipped sides because of no sleep. Had she also watched the shadows being formed on the cupboard.  It doesn’t matter anyways, she’s gone now. I’m not sad, because I never knew her that well. After an accident that I don’t remember, she had become mentally ill. No one wanted to relive it, so we weren’t given many details. But for twelve years I had watched her, from behind the cupboard. I had seen her sing and shout psychotically till her voice became hoarse. I watched as she forgot our names, even her own. I would see my mother’s forehead crease when she would have to book another doctor’s appointment. It became from bad to worse, hence I didn’t have any memories worth treasuring. But that didn’t stop me from wondering if I was heartless for not feeling sad when she left.
(Kavya’s POV)

I close my eyes for the fifth time praying for sleep. The sound of traffic coming from somewhere far was keeping me awake. I think of all the people going to their places. I never went places for I was a servant, but fate brought me to this house. This house was something else, I have worked here for thirteen years. I took care of the two children when their parents went to work and looked after the grandmother who was in a world of her own. But I remember the beautiful lady when she had her mind. At least I remember her right after the accident, when the damage had barely begun. She was a person of awe; she would always require things to be clean. Even at her worst she would make sure that her bed is made. She was extremely caring when it came to her grandchildren; she would go to pick them up from school and dry them when they were wet. But soon after the accident, she remembered nothing and no one. Soon she worsened and maids came and went, but I stayed. It was a day of sadness when she left. I cried that day, part of me did it for the deceased the other did it, for I knew it would soon be me to go.
(The maid’s POV)

Would you like to see more of such made-up characters? please let me know :3 and have a great day!

• February 2, 2021 - 8:42am (Now Viewing)

Awwww this is so sad but your brought across the emotions and wrote it beautifully! "I watched as she forgot our names, even her own." was soo sad and "I would see my mother’s forehead crease when she would have to book another doctor’s appointment." gave amazing visual imagery! Showing how the maid was so attached was a great way of showing how this grandmother was a very nice person! and the last line just- awww broke my heart!
    RE: Omg awwww thank you! And haha omg I didn’t even think of that but you’re so right lol!! Just call me Nyla Grimm now!

• astrea

RE: thank you, nice to meet you too!

Re- Thank you!! Yeah something like that I guess!
    Sending lots of love<3

• Mpm#1

Re: Glad to hear that! :) No problem, take your time with studying! Well, in my part of the US, we have 4 quarters in a high school year, and at the beginning of each new quarter we have to take a test on everything we've learned so far. We're now into the 3rd quarter (2nd ended last week) so we're doing midterms. And they suck. I have my physics one in a few minutes, and I'm so nervous! How does it work over there? Good luck with your exams, I'm certain you'll do well!

• tanvinagar

This is just—Beautiful. Loved it! Thank you for reading my work.

I hope you are well!! I wrote more to my story!! AHH I'm excited to share!!

Re- Of course! Oh gosh I never had to take art but ahh! Oh no!! It probably doesn't look that bad tho because from what you explained I think that would look so cool!!

Aw this is so sad, and you did such a great job with showing the environment around them and setting the mood! This is such a cool and interesting piece! And nevertheless, the maids point of view was also so well written!

Re- YOU ARE SOOO INVITED!! aww sending lots of love! :)
    I promise to come back and read this after school!!

• Mpm#1

Wow, this is really interesting to read. I love how you explore the difference in the connections these two had to the grandmother, and how you show so many different sides to these people in such a short piece! Amazing job!
    Re: Thank you, that means so much to me! Things have been going a little better here; exams for the second quarter of our school year end this week, so that's a bit stressful. How are things going with you?