McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi! Thank you so much for checking out my piece! All feedback is welcome, very appreciated, and super helpful. Also, quick shout-out and huge thank you to ScarlettLucian for writing on review on this piece! And to useless :) and lucyyyy thank you for writing really sweet comments! I hope you enjoy reading! And have an amazing day :)

***Also does anyone know if it’s even possible how to republish a piece but keep the likes and comments from the previous version?***

seven billion

6

(Intro/Verse 1)

We were all once young believers, young dreamers
Using our wild imaginations we created our own future
But when did our faith in shooting stars go away?
When did we let our world become so blind? 
When did we begin to lose track of our heart's wishes?
And when did we close our minds?
Growing up so fast we forgot what it was like to be young
Well we can still make up for the time we lost in our quick childhoods 

(Pre-chorus)

We're all one in seven billion
But we all got our own story
So why don't we just take the time
To write the pages of our lives
All your fears and all your struggles
All your hopes and all your dreams
Can make up your book
Titled with your name
On the cover
There's a picture
Of your beautiful face

(Chorus)

And what were the chances?
That we were chosen to get to live the life we live
What were the chances?
When we're one in seven billion

(Verse 2)

All different, special in our own way
I believe that we all got a reason to be here today
Maybe it's a groundbreaking discovery
A new ability, an inspiring personality
Or it might be something you've yet to achieve
Whatever your purpose is, you are an author
And we're all making history
Composing a masterpiece for the world to read

(Pre-Chorus) 

We're all one in seven billion
But we all got our own story
So why don't we just take the time
To write the pages of our lives
All your fears and all your struggles
All your hopes and all your dreams
Can make up your book
Titled with your name
On the cover
There's a picture
Of your beautiful face

(Chorus)

And what were the chances?
What were the chances?
When we're one in seven billion

(Verse 3)

And we don't know when the book will end
We could be old, we could be young
Small or big, weak or strong
But we're all human and that's enough
Our love is unbreakable
Our smiles, so powerful
So let's go show the world what it means to be free 
What it means to live our stories

(Chorus) 

And what were the chances?
What were the chances?
When we're one in seven billion
Notes: After the competition, I thought I'd try writing some other songs so I wrote this extremely happy song but it might be kind of catchy. (maybe??) I know the world population is almost eight billion but since there aren't eight billion people yet, I stuck with seven billion. Also, I think that the song sounds a whole lot better with seven billion than eight billion (at least to me it does) lol :) 

***Also, does anyone happen to know how to republish a piece but keep the comments and likes that were on the original piece?***

1
  • February 19, 2021 - 8:53am (Now Viewing)

Wow I love this so so so much!! The whole song has such a strong message!! And it was suuuper catchy!! I love how you say we don't know when the book will end and how you could be strong or weak- it comes to us all (death). And comparing everyone to authors and their lives as books was just so amazing!! I loved it!! RE: Awwww thank you so much!!! And oooh ok, nice to know! Thank you! And oooh thank you for clarifying that! I do remember reading that- I don’t know why I ended up writing my comment so cryptic though lol. But wow- that’s really cool you wove this whole story out of it!! And awww, thank you so so much!! You’re sooo sweet!!! I’m so happy I found your awesome writing as well! And hahah! Ooh ok! That’s great that he’s older then- I’m so used to most of my friend’s having brothers much younger than them- I was picturing a grade 5 or 6 watching it and I was like- that is probably not good!! XD and yess! COVID sucks! Oooh that was fun! Painting is always fun! Haha, it was sooo much fun! Really scary at times but honestly- fake it til you make it never meant as much! HAHAH, my friends think the same thing, well that and “you’re trying too hard to mark it rhyme” that’s what spoken word is!! Like ahh!! Haha :)
    1. Copycat- hahah jkjk!!
    2. Oooh nice!
    3. Oooooh that’s really smart!
    As for your fantastical wish- wait omg that’s literally so smart! You could do anything you wanted by saying it’s a superpower!!
    Ok next question: Dream vacation?

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

this is such a beautiful concept. they way you conveyed it was poetic without trying too hard—a perfect blend. ah, i see lone wolf has already told you how to republish. that's the same way i do it.
    re: aw, thanks! i'm glad you appreciate country music. i never thought i'd want to write a cliche country song, but it happened XD

• løne wølf

first of all, this song is amazing. i love the concepts you conveyed in the lyrics. and secondly, if you'd like to keep the likes and comments on the original piece, simply go to portfolio (this is what i do, but there may be an easier way that i'm not aware of), click the piece you want to republish, then click "see all saved versions and publishing options" on the upper left. once you're there, you'll see a few saved versions, and at least one should have a black banner with "published" on the right. click "options" and then select "unpublish this version". that version should now be unpublished. then, click "publish this version for peer review", if that's the version you're most satisfied with. if that piece has likes on it, the likes and comments should be kept when you publish it again :D