mindfruit (semi-active)

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
15
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

A little busy with school and feeling under the weather currently, will try to pop in when I can!

Be sure to check out:
~Rohan's Defender (awesome writer and awesome person! should seriously consider becoming a motivational speaker)
~Anne Blackwood (my wtw mom, one of the finest poets on this site!)
~FantasyOtter12 (a daily source of laughter and good emotional feels!)

Say hi if we haven't met!
Say hi if we have met!

A Song of Palms

PROMPT: 25 Words

40
Alone on the streets, with palm trees as his only audience, he breathed.

The words were inside him.

Once more. For Ma.

He sang.

• books4life

this is simply amazing!!! :)

OoOo this is very beautiful

• Livsnjutare

Wow, cool! This gave me chills too! Great job!

• Toikupu~est

The internal rhyming of 'streets' and 'palm trees' really works!

• Charles Oleander

re: howdy! before I actually reply I'd like to talk about your piece first eheh

this piece felt very intense to me! the finality of "once more" the reflection between "he breathed" and "he sang". it sprouted so many mysteries as to why the character is doing what he is! the punctuation replicated the feeling of his breathing wonderfully and the fact the punctuation trend continues in "he sang." is both dreadful yet makes me feel as if im able to imagine the kind of song he's singing, it's lovely!

in my submission to this prompt i took it in essentially the polar opposite manner trying to paint such a specific picture and emotion as possible, but the wide open yet very close intimate feeling this poem gives is a testament to your use of punctuation and simplicity of language!

as for replying to your kind words on my work, thank you so much for the Wednesday Words well wishes (tm)! that wild honey seems to be the stanza that everyone likes and i must say i feel the same! the idea of messaging like this makes my head spin and i don't think im going to be able to participate in communication in this manner that often (for my own sanity) but im going to do my best! the community itself has been really supportive and i hope i can only find more and more people who enjoy my work even a little bit!

ill do my best to keep correspondence in the future and good luck in all of your efforts of any nature in the future!

• WrenBirdWrites

*SCREAMS* Oh my gosh I love this! Gave me chills Lol

• _Delphiruns2theocean_(hiatus)

Re: Oh nice! Thanks!

replying: aww thank you so much connor,that really means a lot to me.i'm so happy you like it.
    yes! i'm good thank youu. school is quite busy now but i'm great,though i have less time to come on here. hope you're good too?

Re: Thank you, Connor! I've missed you. *hug* Thankfully, I emailed WtW Hello and they were very understanding. They haven't finished judging, so I'm still good! Yay!!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: the embarrassment, lol, yeahhh... I’ve done my share of embarrassing things! XD I did some more sledding today, and like you said, the snow through me off again! ;) Yup, sledding is an art! XD It takes bravery and.... luck? Lol, I don’t really know.... but it’s fun! :)
    And I am definitely looking forward to hearing more funny stories! I’ve got more than my share to tell too...XD
    Wow, I’d love to see that! It sounds beautiful!

• happygiggles

Re- Thank you so much!

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

Holy crap-

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

Replying: It's been so great but so crazy! We have like a foot of snow and walking is like sinking into an icy sinkhole with every footstep! But we FINALLY have enough snow to make a snowman but me and my brother just found out we're too lazy to do that haha!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

And I bet that’s annoying about the mountains taunting you... but it’s probably really pretty, at least.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: :)
    Oh wow XD Very glad no one was hurt! But you hit the boundary pole?! I can picture that happening to me, lol! XD (But seriously, I need to hear some more Funny Mindfruit Moments...)
    Usually what I do when I fail at sledding is I end up getting a really fast start down the hill and then the edge of the sled ends up getting caught in the snow, throwing me off, lol. Although when I was little, I was sledding in my grandma’s neighborhood, and I almost hit a parked car...
    Yes, I agree, sleds are very hard to control, so w e’ll go with that being the reason that we be in some kind of Hazardous Sledders Club! ;)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awww! :) Thanks for being awesome!
    Aw, poor mindfruit! Yeah, we haven’t had a good snow for several years. I think a couple inches fell; enough to sled on (and it turns out I am NOT the best sledder...... *insert sarcasm* now that’s a surprise, since I’m so great at physical activities! *insert me kicking a ball and basically falling over*)
    I’m sorry about that weather! It’s so annoying when it’s cold and there’s no snow. How long has it been since you’ve been somewhere that had snow?

• barelybear

Re: thankyouuuu! You know they showed us one of your reviews (massive shoes to fill lmao but still inspiring :))
    Have a great day!

Replying: Hmmm, eh, I liked it better when I thought you were a psychic! XD Mind if I keep holding onto that idea? Btw, I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC!
    Lol, but anyway, that's great! School can be exhausting and are you OK because this weather is crazy and it's hitting some people worse than others!
    Also, just let me know which ones you'd like reviewed! Thanks! <3

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

re: np, it wasn't urgent, you'd just given me good advice so i figured i would let you know when i finalized it ;) hmm i'll check on the link. thanks for letting me know

Btw, how are you?
    And I'd love to review three or more of your pieces! Let me know which ones you'd like reviewed! Thanks! <3

Lol, how did you know I was back? XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

CONNOR CONNOR CONNOR IT’S A SNOW DAYYYYYYY!!!
    (Wish you could enjoy it too! Sending snowy thoughts, lol)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: okay, firstly, I’m smiling over here from the poem! :D Thank you so much! Those rhymes! Man, you came up with that on the spot?! Thank you, it really means a lot to me! :) :) And I’m glad you enjoyed yours.... I tried some rhyming this year, XD
    Awesome about the alumni! :D And Thank you so much about the poem; you really have a lot of insight! Yes, it made sense! And thank you also about the review; please, there’s no rush! I appreciate any feedback, even just in a comment! And thank you about the pfp... I’ve been changing mine a lot, and I like using some that make me feel inspired! :)
    That was a lot of thank you’s packed in one comment, but thank you again, that poem made my day! XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

HAVE A GROOVY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!
    *virtually sends chocolate*
    Okay, now for a lil something I composed...... *forgive the possible cringe, lol*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Today is full of flowers, candy
    And stuffed bears oh-so-cute
    And Rohan wants to say “Happy V Day!”
    To her awesome friend mindfruit

Since the end of July
    When we first became friends
    Your caring and support
    Has come to no end

You really are an inspiration
    WtW wouldn’t be the same without you
    You are so sincerely kind,
    Helpful, talented, and true

So thank you, my friend
    For all that you’ve done
    And I hope your Valentine’s Day
    Is filled with all kinds of fun!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

your pfp! Ah! Also, here’s the song “A Beautiful Ache” with ukulele! I also just published it.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RJmAWjJyhI9gLOO3N4Ywx4WyZ0Ar41M/view?usp=drive

Wow that pfp. Good one .-.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

YOUR PROFILE PICTURE!!!!! :D
    Oh my gosh, it’s sooo CUTE! *insert heart eyes*

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: hey, look who’s an alumni now! ;D
    Thank you so much for the comment! You’re always so supportive, and it means so much! I’m glad you like it (especially since I took some of your words, heheh). And if you have time to do a review, that would be amazing, but if not please don’t stress about it. Either way, thank you so much! My songwriting still needs a lot of work, but I guess I have to practice to get better! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

I love your new pfp, by the way!

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

Just beautiful that’s all I can say... beautiful great job!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, thank you! :D And lol, I don’t know about that! XD I could say the same about you, since you seem to be able to do a wide variety of things! :) But I appreciate the compliment! And I think I will post it. I would really appreciate some feedback, whenever you get the chance. I hate to ask, because I know you’re busy and stuff, but since you are practically a coauthor (since I borrowed some of your poem), I’d really appreciate your thoughts. I like the basic layout, but I feel like a few lines might be a little clunky and awkward in the flow....

• Love, Rose

this is beauty

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

And I’m not sure if I’m going to post it yet, but I’ll send it to you at least if you want, so you can read it! I have an uncle who writes music, so I’m thinking about seeing if he could help me actually write music for it (since I can’t play an instrument). I want to make it into a real song somehow! XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much! :) I knew you wouldn’t mind, just wanted to ask! :) But it kept coming to my mind, and so I decided to use it for some inspiration!

ahem ahem your talent for telling a story in such few words and leaving enough for imagination.clear the dancefloor,the fruitsalad is putting his shoes on

re: Ah! Thank you! I'm kinda in shock, when I noticed.... It feels unreal....

What's up with you?

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, thank you!! :)

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

re: at least, in my head you are! prob cause you were a CA also. and you're welcome

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

re: thank you SO MUCH! from a WtW warrior like yourself, (yes, you are), that means lot! ha, i actually did that rise intentionally. I wanted it to sound almost... unfinished. like i'm still aching for more. yep.

• happygiggles

re- Thanks!

Re: Thank you so much!

• happygiggles

This is really good! I like the sense of solidarity that it has! "with palm trees as his only audience," brilliant! (:

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

you're back! i like your new pfp and the power of this piece

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I love this friend. Can't wait to read more of your work.

• Jasmin khawar

Wow stunning!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Btw, It’s so nice to come to your profile and see that you’re active again...... it’s not the same here without you!

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: das okay, we can both be small together. *nods in five foot zero*
    yes it was a BTS reference, but I am not army. My sister and a friend ruined it for me. and of course! You are a favorite on the website^^
    (enthusiastic? me? never.)

• (sk)eyesofocher

CONNOR IS BACK WHAT YIS YIS I CAN'T EBLIVE I MISSED THIS!

May I say I didn't know your gone *laughs nervously*, but it's great to have you back!!!!

Also, weird, but my pfp for my school gmail is so similar to yours, except it's pink, not orange. This is also the first pfp i've seen of yours that's not the CA one (that's my attention span thoguh, so it's ai'ght.)

Excuse me for the typo's, I'm too lazy to fix them

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

CONNOR HI!!!!!!! YOU’RE BACKKKKKKK!!! (Or, you think so...) :D We missed you so much!!!!
    This. Piece. Is. Fantastic! So. Much. Depth. In so few words!!! Also, your new pfp is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Okay, I’ll stop dreaming out now!!!! But it’s so great to have you back here!! :D

Welcome back my good sir .-.
    what a beautiful story this would make..

Wow, I love this!! And I'm glad you're back, even if it's temporary.
    Also treat this comment as a like bc WtW is broken and won't let me like anything.