anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

minor edits and fixes
see footnotes, i put the good stuff there
still in need of technical and musical advice!!! song parts, musical arrangements?! HELP

A Beautiful Ache

[VERSE 1]
I hear whispers of inspiration from letters on the page
Faded ink and dusty shelves and spines cracked with age
They tell me their secrets and I try to understand
Long-forgotten melodies and books that were banned

[PRE-CHORUS]
And I try,
To make sense of it all, and I try
I don’t always know what they mean

[CHORUS]
Darling, these written words, they shine like the sun
Reminding us of who we are and who we might become
They speak and they whisper, they shout and they plead
I wanna feel every precious sentence they weave, ooh

[POST-CHORUS]
It’s a longing in my heart
A thirst in my mind
It’s like an ache in my soul
A beautiful ache

[VERSE 2]
I see flashes of revelations from the beauty of humanity
Thoughtful eyes and open arms and how you look at me
We tell each other secrets and we always understand
Conversations become our poetry when you take my hand

[PRE-CHORUS]
And I live,
So I can make sense of you, and I live
I don’t always know where you lead

[CHORUS]
Darling, these spoken words, they shine like the sun
We speak and we whisper, we shout and we plead
I’m gonna feel every precious sentence we weave, ooh

[POST-CHORUS]
It’s a longing in my heart
A thirst in my mind
It’s like an ache in my soul
A beautiful ache

[BRIDGE]
Ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh-ooh
Every lonely word
Waiting to be found
Pleading to be heard
Every lovely pen
That writes for the world
That longs to be seen
Oh, this beautiful 
Ache
That penetrates
The depths of who I am
And who I hope to be

[VERSE 3]
I have visions of celebrations from the warmth of community
Rising to greet the dawn in a place where we’re free
Laughter rings for miles and miles all around
There is nothing like that beautiful, inharmonious sound

[PRE-CHORUS]
And I love,
So I can make sense of this world, and I love
I don’t always know how to be

[CHORUS]
Darling, these golden words, they shine like the sun
We wanna feel every precious sentence we weave, ooh

[POST-CHORUS] 
It’s a longing in my heart
It’s a thirst in my mind
It’s like an ache in my soul
A beautiful ache

[OUTRO]
Stories give me 
That beautiful ache
Words give me 
That beautiful ache
You give me
That beautiful ache
It’s such a beautiful ache
I would greatly appreciate reviews and comments! I can't promise a review for a review, but I will attempt to. (Sorry.) 
I have a friend who might be helping me set this to music, but it's quite a process. I *might* link a recording, but then I'd have to figure out how... And then I'd have to muster the confidence to have you listen to me sing without any instruments, and that's not something I wish on you lightly.
Another thing... I already had the song parts labeled as shown, but do you think I should rename/change some of them? Like, should I call the OUTRO the CODA instead? Should I label POST-CHORUS as REFRAIN? I'm not musically savvy, so this is all an experiment.
Bonus points if you notice a reference in the BRIDGE.
Oh, and did I mention how much Anne of Green Gables inspired this? You know, when she talks about that "queer ache" she gets when something is just so beautiful that it almost hurts?

• Zirong

Wow this is beautiful. Really looking forward to your performance :3

Re: your melody idea sounds so lovely! ~ As for my audition, I don’t have a super clear idea yet but it is likely about my passion for literature :) And it’s really nice of you to support my memoir, thank u so much :D

• psithurism

Ahh I keep finding myself rereading this and I love it so much!

• Busssy.Beee

oh and if you ever plan to put a link (you don't have to :D) would you please tell me? I would loveee to say a listen!! <3

• Busssy.Beee

*STANDING OVATION* this is absolutely incredible! gosh, gorgeous!! eeeekkk!!

• xx carolina xx

Hey! The last chapter of Three Sisters and the Sea (for awhile) is out:

re: basically when i look up wtw it says sign up or login and i went to login and didn't log in with google-- instead i logged in with my personal email and remembered my password and voila! hacked the system lol.

I really like this piece! Treat this comment as a like!

Re: Thank you!
    I haven't emailed them but I've messaged them through the "contact us" button on the site.

Um.... Has someone ever told you how freaking talented you are? If not, YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!!!

I can't promise a review because 1. I have finals this month and 2. I'm not able to submit reviews (I don't know why, I think something up with the site)

I however did get the 'Write the World' reference on the bridge.

And I can so see this is a song. Just-- yes.

re: that is so weird. I still have it up. ive been getting a lot of errors too (but mine are error 500 and doesnt let me like). i actually just saw that you have already read/commented on it. its my ranting poetry piece (soliloquy i think is the official name).
    anyway thanks for letting me know.
    how are you doing?

• useless :)

re: aw thank you!!
    and thanks for the song ideas, i might choose one of those or something similar, they were great! :)

• Parisienne

re: haha! Sorry to say I don't have a cute northern accent, I live in the South so basically just your basic English accent :). I think America seems amazing, you guys have so much beautiful countryside and the cities look STUNNING! Visiting NYC is a big dream of mine, have you ever been? Which part of the US do you live in (if you don't mind me asking), what kind of accent do you have? I have been to London, (it is amazing), I sung in the royal albert hall and have been to Covent gardens and watched a play in the West end. I remember going to Buckingham palace, at the time I was royal-crazy (it was just after the wedding) and it really is stunning. I think the royal family is sort of outdated to be honest - there's so much inequality in this country that it seems wrong to me that they can live in such luxury. I've attended state schools my whole life (sorry I can't tell you what Eaton's like...).
    I've been really lucky to travel around Europe a bit. I have been to Paris..it was a totally blissful dream come true for me (I've dreamt of living there my whole life). I've also visited Verona, Prague, Seville, The Netherlands and Copenhagen. If you want to hear more about those just say..I could talk for HOURS about travel. OMG it takes that long?! That's how long it takes us to get to Scotland.. can't imagine living in a country as big as the USA. Have you travelled much? Sorry this is probably an insanely long message :)

submitted review!

gonna do a review-- this is beautiful and love that anne inspired this! XD
    <3<3<3

re (that i forgot to mention): come to think of it...covid happened like right after that class so i dont think i ever got to explain it to her XD welp...what can you do haha

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

yeah this is top 10 or maybe 5 or maybe 1st place for this competition!

• useless :)

dreams*

• useless :)

yesss anne of green gables!! i remember that!! it was in...anne's house of dream's, i think? anyway, i said this earlier but i'll say it again, this is so so good :)

• Mpm#1

Absolutely lovely! Very well done Erin!
    Re: Thank you!

• xx carolina xx

YES QUEEN U HAD BETTER WIN OR ELSE I'M GONNA THROW HANDZ

Re- That is just so sweet! Thank you so much!! I will be sure to check that out!! I won't, but I do have a lot to fix/add! Sending lots of love<3

Omg how in the world did you make the rhyming sooo good!!?? This is amazing!

re: aww thank you!! im so glad you liked that piece. it is one of my favorites rn.
    re/re: welll...things have gotten a bit confusing the past few weeks. and once i think ive figured it out something happens to make me unsure again. I wrote this piece bout it so u can figure out why ive been in a inner-war with myself
    https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/210494/versions/435284
    yea...life and the future is crazy scary and feelings are confusing.

• psithurism

ACK BEAUTIFUL