~Aurora~

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." - Augustus Waters

"You've got stars in your eyes, so let's paint the sky." - Hold on, Extreme Music

Est - 13/12/2020

Aurora (not my real name btw), is not only the Latin word meaning "dawn", but also the name of the Roman goddess of "sunrise". Sunrise; the bringer of light and hope. The only light equivalent to that of Aurora is the light shed upon the world through magical words. Words that have the power to break and heal hearts. Words that sing the song of the soul. Words that have the power to change worlds.

I miss you

PROMPT: Memory Object

4
It didn't look extraordinary, in fact, it's about as ordinary as you can get. A simple folded piece of paper, left forgotten at the bottom of the tattered bag. There were words; many of them, but they meant nothing to the piercingly bright eyes they were written for. I should have said them, but I could not muster the courage. Now I lie here, alone, weeping under the moonless sky. And I can't help but wonder, would I still be here if I had said the words I was too afraid to. Would you still be miles away from me? Would you still avert your gaze when you see me in the street? 

Time has gone on, and so have you. But I'm still dragged down by memories; drowned in what ifs. One last glance. The three precious words. I shred the wretched paper. My sight is blurry and my head is throbbing, but nothing can compare to the ache in my heart. I can hide it, I can deny it, but the truth; the painful truth will always haunt me. I miss you. 

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: thanks so much! Your comments mean so much to me!!!
    This piece is filled with so much emotion. I love the ending sentence it restates the title and the theme of the poem. It is a very powerful piece. My favourite sentence was: “There were words; many of them, but they meant nothing to the piercingly blue eyes they were written for.”
    Awesome use of a semicolon!!! The 2nd part of the sentence struck me. The imagery was wonderful. All in all a brilliantly piece written by a masterful writer!!

re: i actually came here to reply and forgot XD. just wanted to say thank you! i just added the ending last night.

So much emotion and pain. I loved your message board, and it certainly rings true in this piece.
    ALSO YOUR PFP AND QUOTE VALDEZZZ FOR LIFE!!! arguably my favorite male character in the riordanverse, although carter is probably who i would actually fall for. although frank is just so good and adorable. and percy... well, percabeth is too perfect, and jason, well, he's jason. sorry, idk how this turned into a critique of rick riordan's male characters. oh, and magnus is definitely not my type. great narrator, but no way.

• JonesyL123

This is such a beautiful and moving piece I think so many people can relate to. Keep writing :)

• Parisienne

This is beautiful, painful but beautiful.
    Re: thank you :)