anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

this is def not final, so any feedback is appreciated. technical, lyrical, musical, etc. i have a vague melody for this, similar to Taylor Swift's "Dress" (i know, i know, i don't like to listen to it much because it's... intense, but this song has a similar vibe to it—just way more mild and toned down).

All the Ways

7

[VERSE 1]
Heart pounds
Breath quickens
Thoughts tangle
And you're not even in the room

[VERSE 2]
Head spins
Body tingles
Focus blurs
And you're not even in the room

​[CHORUS]
You don't know you do this to me 
You don't see the secrets I keep
You don't know all the ways I ache

[VERSE 3]
Pulse jumps
Hands shake
Passion quakes
And you're not even in the room

[CHORUS]
I don't understand how much I want you
I don't know what I want to do
I afraid of all the ways I ache for you

[BRIDGE]
Anticipation waits
Desire awakes
Soul aches
For you

[CHORUS]
You don't know you do this to me 
You don't see the secrets I keep
You don't know all the ways I ache
I don't understand how much I want you
I don't know what I want to do
I'm afraid of all the ways I ache for you

[OUTRO]
And all I can do
Is fight these feelings 
These little fires you've started in me
I'm afraid 
Of all the ways
I ache for you
not for the competition. i'm just into songwriting right now. but speaking of the competition, check out my final submission (shameless plug): https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/215731/version/457377
A rough draft of what this might look like as song lyrics.
Added to and edited.
Apologies if I don't reply.

wow, why does that all sounds so serious? 
it's the periods. punctuation matters! XD

• Tushar Mandhan

also re: well again thanks but idk why i find that song very cheesy. maybe because i don't usually write in that genre :p so your comment means a lot.

• Tushar Mandhan

that's a such a beautiful ballad! reminds me of hoax and my heart will go on and on. i'm really loving your songs. maybe you should record them and put a playlist on spotify!!
    re: oh thanks a lot for ur kind words. you're so sweet and kind and great.....and so talented duh!
    okay, i do sometimes try to put chords. i'm not particularly good at it but i like doing it. i don't remember much of technical stuff, actually my grandfather used to do these......idk what to say it in english, as a hobby, but i guess you can say like broadway......nah......like..hmmm....folk plays...idk i hope you got an idea. so he taught me when i was little on harmonium (reed organ) but unfortunately i've forgotten a lot :p i'm definitely nowhere compared to you.

• GraceWritesTheWorld

<3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Just reviewed this! <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: I'm glad to be back! I don't even know why I ever left!
    And oooh, dating Dex, huh? ;) He's pretty cute and nice, but Keefe is the one for me! He's just wayyyyy too funny to pass up.
    Awww, it's kind of you to say that, but I enjoy reviewing and I will get to those as soon as I can! Tell Dex I said hi!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Hi, how are you?
    I'd love to review three or more of your pieces! Will you let me know which ones you'd like reviewed? Thanks! <3

• xx carolina xx

• sci-Fi

Re: heyyy sorry this is late my internet keeps going out (why thank you, snow that no one was prepared for)
    yah no, everywhere in TX is frozen. i'm not even near dallas and it hasn't gone above freezing in three days.
    you're right about that, I'd much rather be inside drinking hot chocolate that freezing my butt of collecting firewood because out heating isn't working.
    oLaF!

• Parisienne

This is beautiful Erin!!! You are so talented :)

• nolongeractive

This is such an amazing song and I really relate to it. You have so much talent - I am in awe of you; you give Ariana Grande a run for her money. If you maybe have time to peer review one of my songs, (the one I submitted for the competition is called 'Gatekeeper' - best of luck in the competition. Much love!