useless :)

hi!
idrk what i'm doing but
14 :)
pisces
est 1/22/21

scribble chums with Starlitskies, em wilder, and remi'sgotinkstains
go check them out, they're amazing writers :)

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."- Anne Shirley
"Thank you for your consideration."- Katniss Everdeen
"Great, we're all bloody inspired."- Newt

thank you so much for 100 followers!! :)

have a great day everyone!

when day turns into night

14
i am enveloped by a subtle warmth, 
bestowed upon me by graceful rays of
sunlight. it reaches past the surface and into
my soul, filling me with a comforting sense
of bliss. as i bathe in its beauty,
the troubles which controlled my mind are
vanquished by an overwhelming feeling of 
peace. i look once more up at the sky,
but the beauty is now tantalizing. instead
of the sun's light stretching across the world,
brilliant hues of color now adorn the ether, seemingly
mocking me with their allure. i know
this is only the sun's way of saying goodbye
to the universe. this realization
fills my mind and soul with emptiness,
and i ever so desperately try to bottle
the last rays of sunlight visible. i
receive nothing more than a void of 
desolation. the tendrils of darkness spreading
across the night sky seem malicious.
with that thought, my mind, 
filled with an anguished sense of sorrow, 
negates everything i thought of as
beautiful in the world. the gentle
caress of the wind turns into
the feel of dark secrets blowing across
the sky, threatening to come to life
at any moment. the once angelic flowers
embellishing the grass now
alienate me, as they are already
starting to wilt in my mind.
the gorgeous lake i once admired
now casts a malevolent reflection
back at me, filled with my deepest fears.
paranoia reaches for my soul and grasps
it firmly, threatening to keep
it clasped until the sun rises once more, and
my reality is reduced to nothing more
than a frayed perception of time.
the clock, ticking ever so slowly, is
torture to my mind, as i know i can
only wait for sunrise now.
Alright, so uhm, heh. This is the result of a five minute walk outside and some observations and stuff. I honestly didn't know what this meant when I was first writing it, but how I interpret it now is how someone who is really afraid of the dark feels. Also, if you are afraid of the dark please don't be offended by any of this, I know a lot is exaggerated (and I'm personally not afraid of the dark so idk how it really feels) but I wasn't aiming towards that when I first wrote it. Anyway, thanks for reading :)

HAHA ok that was a SUPER long message so no worries about taking time to respond (especially since I took AGES as well) and ooh, read from top to bottom (I had to copy paste my comment onto notes to do that haha cause I find it's easier to read all at once instead of one message, scroll up then another top to bottom and then another, anyways, hope you're having fun doing school (or spring break if that's what you have right now) :)))

This was such a cool way of describing fear of the dark! Like you made it really poetic. "and i ever so desperately try to bottle/the last rays of sunlight visible" was just wow, beautiful to imagine! and then the whole ending,
    "the gorgeous lake i once admired/now casts a malevolent reflection/back at me, filled with my deepest fears./paranoia reaches for my soul and grasps" was just such amazing personification!

RE: Awwww thank you soo much!! I’m so glad you thought so!! <3
    Hahahaa, I feel like everyone cringes at their old work lol, but you really shouldn’t! And of course!
    Haha nice.

Oooh awesomeee!! I’ve not been super energetic (cause I’m still getting used to waking up halfway through the night to eat and then sleeping again- fasting things haha (I only fasted a few days last year (my first year ever fasting!) so I’m trying to do more this year to build up to doing a whole month once I’m an adult) LOL that was a lot of brackets. Anyways, consider yourself knowing a bit more about me now haha.

Oooh yikes! Two years! Ahhh, I think I might only have to wear mine for like a year and a half or something but that depends if my teeth move enough haha. And ooooh nooo, a few of my friends have rubber bands and they look soooo painful!! Ooh well hopefully if you put them in enough you’ll get used to it and it won’t hurt as much? (Ahh, it’s a pretty sucky situation, but at least when you’re older you won’t have to worry about your teeth anymore and braces will all be in the past!)
    Lolll, and yes!! Whattt? No fair! And actually, one of my sisters is the exact same lol and its so ugh, cause nobody ever understands *sob* haha (well I mean now you do!)
    HAHA XD

Hahahaa loll, yeah no worries, I have those girls in my high school too. I just never did in elementary (ooh except for this one girl who came for a year and then I think she didn’t pass grade 8 or something (which btw, you literally can’t fail an elementary grade unless you’re not there enough) lol so she moved away)
    Of course!
    Ooooh yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Both really really suck and are incredible hard but at least with vision you can read and see nature and everything!

Ooooh yikes this is a hard one, hmm I think see into my future in an hour because if you think about it, the future has infinite possibilities, so if I could see ahead, then I could see what would happen if I did different things (if that makes sense lol)

Ok, here’s another one, would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?

Also yes you really should read the book! And what? I’m so dumb, I’ve literally been to Florida and never even realized that haha but yeah, aww :(

On a BRIGHTER note- we still have WTW :))

RE to my spoken word: Awwwww thank you so so so much!! And aww, those were some of my favourite parts as well! I’m so glad it was meaningful! Ahhh, [insert name here because calling you useless :) just feels wrong! we need to come up with a pen name for you if you don’t want to use your real name so I don’t feel so cruel! XD] you’re soo nice thank you, your comment made my day! You’re literally the sweetest ever! :))))

Hope you’re having an amazing day! :)

• barelybear

Re: that’s some super cool advice, and I can see it works really well in practice, too! It gives the poem a really raw, natural feeling. I’ll definitely try going on a walk with a notebook :)
    And reading other work will definitely be really helpful too, I think. Thanks so much for the advice!

• Sophia Lewis

re: thank you so much for the review!! i appreciate it <3 xo

re: Definitely. I hope to have that much grace someday. (also, ty! Tbh, neither was I. I was just writing it and wanted it to be different, so I added that in! Yeah it's happening for me too D:

• rwong

re: oooo tysm for the title ideas and your kind comment!! I really appreciate it :) have an amazing dayy

• Minvra

Re: The length of time for us is to probably make it solely a platform for teens or very young adults. I guess they want to be able to focus on a certain age group more? I can't say why for the founder or admins, but it's my guess. We're developing writers. Regardless if we are known on the Times Newspaper or not.

re: I totally agree. You know stuff like this happens, but when it happens so close, it's so much more confronting. I'm constantly in awe of the families, if you search up "i4give day australia" you'd see what I mean. They still stay strong and laugh and smile, and keep thinking about others before themselves. They really are inspirations to me.

• løne wølf

ooo, i love the descriptions and word choice! i especially like the phrase 'tendrils of darkness'; it really helps me visualize what the poem is about. for some reason i can't like this piece and it's driving me nuts (something about an error 500 gray screen thing). your writing style is lovely, welcome to write the world!!

re: thank you for your kind words!! <3

• Sophia Lewis

this is gorgeous! your word choice is incredible and your writing is so captivating and interesting. i could visualize everything you were talking about and the imagery was amazing! you're an incredible writer!!

• Sophia Lewis

re: thank you so much for your comments!! the song is actually inspired by august haha, i also feel like it's kind of the anti girl at home. also, i appreciate the info about replying, I'm new to WtW so that was much appreciated :)

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

this is just... ahh. lovely. nature has so much inspiration. anything like this automatically reminds me of sleeping at last's music: expansive and relaxing, beautiful and mysterious. are you new here, or are you returning under a new account? (idk, i just got a vibe like maybe you'd been here before)
    also, YOUR PROFILE QUOTES! NEWT! HERMIONE! KATNISS! AND ANNEEEEEE! also the scribble chums are so cute. that name is literally perfection.
    re: no, no! DO ENTER! i super appreciate your comments, but I think you should enter no matter what. If you've got an idea, then put it to paper (or screen) and don't give it up.

replying: aww thank you so much
    i see you're new here. welcome to write the world! i hope you enjoy it here. it's great to have another positive,and (i 'm sure,talented) presence here.it's a very loving community. i see that you're new to writing,i've only been writing for almost a year now and this site has really helped me grow as a writer.i've really learnt so much. i'm sure you'll be more comfortable soon.if you ever need help or want to reach out, don't be shy to drop a comment on one of my pieces.have fun!:)

also i'm a pisces too:)<3

• barelybear

Okay
    1. Thank you so much I loved that line too (took me quite a while to get a decent rhyme for sedative lmao)
    2. You’re half French!!! J’adore tout ce qui est français donc... :)))
    (Yes, that’s probably the extent of my language skills at this moment)
    3. From your bio, I got that you are 13. And ummm whattt?? You’re super super super talented! Your word choices are so mature and perfect!! I love this piece

• happygiggles

re- Thank you!! <33

This is gorgeous!! That first line is EVERYTHINGGG, what a way to start, ahhhh! I'm in love with this!!

Re: Yeah. And it's ok, I think it's good to talk about sad things. I was coming back from gym tonight and we drove past the spot with the accident; they were doing a vigil and there was like 400+ people there and cars everywhere.

And yeah lol. Time differences are wacky

Re: Yeah it was. I drive past the place where it happened quite often. They put pictures up all over the fence. It's really really sad. Wow, that's horrible. The world can be so brutal sometimes. And np, you seem like a nice person, so I hope we get to know each other better :) Though we did meet rather depressingly..

Re: (hey welcome to WtW! And happy early b'day :D) Wow, thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I know, I feel the same way. I've been to the church they attended and they don't live far away from us, so it's pretty shocking. Especially for 1 family to lose half of their children. It's devastating. But the way the families are dealing with it is truly awe-inspiring.

also haha thank you so much for your comment it means so much!!

This is honestly so amazing! You did such a great job with every line! And its so cool how you could come up with this bc of your walk!

• Busssy.Beee

This is absolutely beautiful. word choice, fluency, tone, imagery, everything is so perfect. I want to bask in this poem forever, gorgeous!
    oh and you're almost 14!! i still have a little less than four months till im no longer thirteen, so :P WAIT, that means you're older than me!! heheh lol

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: and OMG that dog is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute . . . i actually like the ones i saw without so much hair as the ones i did . . . the ones with hair look like that ottoman in Beauty in the Beast am i right? XD haha

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: cool! my mom always says that if anything happens to Gilly she wants to get a dog . . . I don't like it when she says it tho bcs it feels like she's waiting for Gilly to die, which she really isn't, but yeah . . . ;) lol

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yes, his name is Gilbert Blythe Havens (that's my last name) but we just call him Gilly--my dad calls him McGillaCuddy, tho. I really hope nothing happens to your dog for many years yet . . . what's his breed? and yeah, i'm always so scared when I let Gilly out that he won't come back in . . . and yet he always does!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: oh i see, your not counting today. mine's in 17 then!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yes, call me Remi! and no, that would be so cool!!!! your birthday is in 21 days right?

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: awww thanks!!! and scribble chums it is! I love narrative poetry, so I'm glad everybody likes it too . . . and yeah, I've been doing things when my computer randomly restarted and it was sooooooooo annoying XD

• remi'sgotinkstains

i love your vocabulary so much!!! all your wonderful words give me the best thrills! and walks are so magical . . . i once wrote a poem about a really windy walk I took and i loved it dearly for many years.
    also, starlitskies and i have narrowed it down to two names: inkoholics and scribble chums. we can't decide between the two, so I'm going to ask you and em wilder which you like better . . . please make a decision for us!

• beth r.

I'm with Jasmine- the imagery here is stunning!
    re: aw thanks- I think I'll take your advice :)

Re: Thank you so much!

• Jasmin khawar

Gorgeous!! I just loved the imagery and this piece is meaningful. Wow!