Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

[Long Overdue] #januarygifting
And there'll be the two of us, lost in the memories of an august long ago.

august, again

12

i. i see you and it's like august again; 
golden rays streaming through window blinds, 
broken up melodies fluttering in the room,
pieces of forever strewn across the walls as 
i dissect my heart. and somewhere i find pieces 
of you in that heart of mine, tucked between 
citron memories and charred remnants. 

ii. you gifted me three forevers. held my hand the 
first time with glass slippers. danced with me in 
twilight whispers the second. clinked glasses of ruby 
red the third. and we're drunk on reminiscence and 
warm august afternoons. we're not written in the stars 
or the night sky, we're written in the oranges and 
pinks of sunset, written in the blues and purples of dusk, 
spilling ruby droplets onto the sky as we giggle into eternity. 

iii. and one day, we'll sip prose and poetry in the 
august days of oranges and pinks. we'll return to sticky 
summer days of golden rays and nervous smiles, on the 
coattails of euphoria as we gulp down frothy beginnings. 
again, the sky will bow to us and the ocean will soar, 
and we will discover the secrets embedded in the clouds 
once more. and until that day comes, know that i'll be here 
with that memory of you. 

iv. one day it will be august again, 
and somewhere along the way,
there will be you and i. 

Here's to you Anlee! 

Remember that piece in June-July you posted a comment on? I haven't forgotten you know. We don't interact much since you're only semi-active, but gosh when we do, it's almost magical. You take me back to moments long ago, take me back to smiles and setting summer suns. There's simply something magnetic about you and it has been such a pleasure being able to interact with you. You are such a sweetheart, such a delight, and you never cease to make me smile. Until we meet again, may all be well with you. 

• Anlee

re: ahhhh your warm welcome really made me smile so so much :DD neverending thanks for the overflowing love <33

• Anlee

Will be revisiting and rereading this too often <3

• Anlee

Wisp- I don't even know how to respond to this work of art...
    I can't even express how grateful I am for your overflowing kindness. Whenever I'm inactive or just hiding in the shadows, you just light up my world with compliments that make me feel so special. So honored that you dedicated a whole poem for me. Gosh this is so touching...

ohhhhhhhhhh wisp you just took my breath away, oh my goodness.... this! this is so.... wow. " you gifted me three forevers" i mean i loved the first stanza but this made my heart pound and my jaw drop--seriously, this might be my favorite of all of the lines in all of the poems. that was a weird way to phrase it but wow it's brilliant!! And that last stanza tied it up so simply and well and just all of the colors and imagery oooooooh i love it. it feels like august again! absolutely amazing.
    re: how did you manage to make your comment more springy and poetic than the poem?!?!??!!! XD honestly, if anyone has a gift with words, it's you. ....sometimes i feel like i'm just faking my way through wtw, while there are so many brilliant writers, and i'll never be as good as them--and then i try not to care lol. but. idk, it doesn't go away, i guess? sorry that got way deeper than i was intending this comment to be.
    thank youu for the dust jacket questions!! i'll probably end up doing one after Easter, once I'm back here more often. and yeah, i'm sorta doing weekly breaks--for Lent, since I spend so much time on wtw, i gave up coming on here so whenever i want to or have the urge to I think about God or pray instead. it's been pretty good--i've broken it once or twice, which makes me feel bad about myself, but i think it's okay. i did give a better explanation in my "ash wednesday" piece if you're confused :))
    one other completely unrelated note... there's been a lot of drama around here about self promotion and a certain writer and yikes. i'm not sorry i missed it! what has been up with that? wtw is definitely going through a bit of a growth spurt. OH i had a funny coincidence--i'm in a theater class that started in like. september? and there's a bunch of really fun people who i *kinda* got to know (stupid covies) and a week ago, i was chatting with them before class and i mentioned wtw somehow, and this girl i've known for probably 6 months now asks if i'm on wtw! so apparently we've both been on here, had NO IDEA, and have been having conversations together. so insane!! i guess it is a small world--or wtw has more people on here than i thought!! :)
    sorry for going off on a tangent haha, i guess i'm just excited to be back on here :)) a week is a long time to be away! it's too bad that just as you're coming slowly back on, i'm distancing myself slightly :/ well, i really enjoy reading your comments on Sundays! your words are so comforting.
    gah i need to wrap this comment up, it's much too long. all my love! stay safe, stay attuned to the world--my dearest constant! <3

• Busssy.Beee

Your beautiful illustration of sunshine, and the overall feel of autumn, sends as if we are trapped in a perfect world. Your words are so delicate and etheral, truly one of a kind. Your tone, too, whispers refined elegance, so so sweet! But everything in its entirety is enchanting; from the small details to the flow of your lines, everything, everything, is absolutely wholesome!
    re: ah, I am so sorry for the late reply. It's been a while, but I hope that's alright. Has everything been alright for you? are you fine?
    You get to play badminton for school's pe? that must be so much fun! for my pe, we don't have badminton as one of our sports, so I have to play outside of school. Nonetheless, it's quite a pleasure :) yeah, I have just started playing so my coordination is still lacking a little bit haha. oh and track! I heard that they're multiple types of track; like sprints and relays? do you specifically do any of those events?
    Wow! I am almost the exact same! It feels amazing to feel sunlight enter the world, and the morning breeze is just, gosh, the best feeling ever! sadly, I don't get to experience much of it because of school, but when I do get to it feels so refreshing. And yes! racing against time is almost normal now, so I, too, stay up pretty late every night. but, I do function pretty well at night so that's kind of cool. When are you most productive?
    once again, sorry for the delayed response! hope everything is beyond well! Love you so so much!!

• spectral

re: alright thanks! wtw has definitely changed since the new guidelines, but i'll see what i can do about it. (i think you've been around longer than me though hahah). jason also unfollowed me lol

• spectral

re: tysm for your kind comments on my piece, they really made my day! i'm glad you found my take on the concept interesting, haha. im glad what i said on jacob's piece mighta helped you find your words for the issue; for some reason i've been both seeing and a getting a ton of self-promotion from the community as a whole- i'd like to write a piece about etiquette concerning this but i'm not exactly a veteran around here and it might not get past the,,, um,,, writing guidelines. anyways, again thanks for the comment!

• Zirong

"and one day, we'll sip prose and poetry in the/august days of oranges and pinks."

This is...so beautiful and stunning, and even more so after I read the footnotes...awww such sweet friendship! I especially love part ii. This piece really tugged at my heartstrings. You are truly talented!

re: omg thank u so much! It really means a LOT to me, and I'm more than happy to know that you like my song. Wish you an amazing day ahead! <3

• nolongeractive

If you have time my piece called 'the farm' could really use one of your incredible reviews! Xo

• nolongeractive

This is so good; it really made me smile...also, if you have time, I would love it if you would check out my new song 'the farm' - had to reupload it because people were commenting negative things even though it was about my grandmother who passed away, you will understand when you read it.

Re: SAME she makes me grin and giggle all the time.
    Awww that means so much to me definitely same to you!

• nolongeractive

This is so great; my new song called 'the farm' is out now if you wanna check it out!

• crystalline•galaxies

“and one day, we'll sip prose and poetry in the august days of oranges and pinks.” wisp, this is absolutely gorgeous! it feels sticky sweet and juicy and content, and i felt like i could smell something coming from the words though i do not really know what. it’s whimsical and daydream-y and oh my word, can i make a home in this piece and live there forever? it feels like there’s so much history in the words and so much meaning packed into it, it makes me feel nostalgic for something i’ve never experienced.

Re: Omigosh excuse me while I go SOB from happiness you're so freaking sweet aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Thank you!!! You're the best.

• nolongeractive

Re: OMG THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

re: ahhhh i would be lying if i said that wasn't the reaction i was hoping for on my musings piece. sometimes i write lighthearted or just random fluff pieces or just dash my thoughts into a poem and throw in some good vocab, but that's a piece i care about. so it means a lot to see that comment. it's so encouraging and thoughtful and makes me want to write more like that piece. (which means spending more time perusing the dictionary of obscure sorrows, so it's a win-win)
    all that to say, thank you.

"broken up melodies fluttering in the room,
    i dissect my heart"
    "we're written in the oranges and
    spilling ruby droplets onto the sky as we giggle into eternity. "
    i would be lying if i said i had dry eyes. i swaer, i'm not one to cry much though i do get emotional often enough. but somehow this made me tear up... it reminded me of august, of the faded golden days long ago, of sweat and popsicles, of sticky hands and laughter. it reminded me of camp, of the summer idyll, of forgetting the world existed. anlee, you truly are lucky to have a deep connection with wisp here. and wisp, i don't know how you do it but i felt how you feel about anlee in every line of this beautiful poem. ahhhhhhh it's amazing!
    re: thank you so much wisp. i think that's the magic of being a writer-- sure, we exaggerate, but it's to get the emotions across because language can only do so much. we must push language to its limits. i am glad it made you happy, my wisp. happiness is hard won these days and fades fast, that's for sure. have a wonderful day, dear! oh and of course, it's a treat to read your writing any day! how are you?
    <3<3<3

Oh! Oh how beautiful! /enraptured

• nolongeractive

Re: WOW, thank you so much. That is so kind of you; I really appreciate it.

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: stars, wow, I was not expecting a comment like that, thank you

Wow. That was lovely. Virtuosic. Everything about it... your words sing on the page. (well, screen.) that was just... Anlee is sure lucky to have you. What a monumental piece.