mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

toast crumbs

PROMPT: Memory Object

9

burnt bits of bread scattered across my desk
from my morning toast that was
smothered with butter and raspberry jam;
now all that's left is the remnants
of what once satisfied my stomach;
and still my teeth recall the sensation of
biting into fresh-baked bread;
the nutty aroma mixed with that of 
sweet fruit congealed into a sugary spread
and the tantalizing taste of rich butter;
but now it's been
chewed and swallowed and enjoyed;
and so there's nothing left but peices
of what once was;

wow, that was interesting... never written about toast crumbs before. now i'm hungry again.

anyway, as you can see, i changed my username! don't worry, i'm still mirkat, but i decided to pick up a pen name because almost flora kane's piece inspired me. i'm mirkat and i'm miriam and i'm em wilder all at once.

stay safe and wear a mask and be kind and it's okay to not be okay and have a great day!

<3<3<3

• January 29, 2021 - 11:27am (Now Viewing)

re: ahhh thank you so much! can't wait to read it. wait i'm legit curious how did you get onto wtw on your school computer? because i can't. we've got chromebooks, and there's no way to add the google account i use for wtw.

• rwong

re: wait you got in????? luckyyyyyyy omygosh i'm much jealous lol cause its blocked by the school's wifi and i don't have control over that so :(( but if i hacked into it, i would sound just like you loll. i'm doing fine i guess kinda busy but i can't for the life of me stay away from wtw so here i am lol
    how are you? how's school?? <3 <3

"What difference does it make how it’s spelled?"

"Unromantic fiddlesticks! Anne is a real good plain sensible name. You’ve no need to be ashamed of it.”

re: thanks... i guess it's not that terrible :)

"I don’t know what on earth you mean. If Cordelia isn’t your name, what is?"

"CALL you Cordelia? Is that your name?"

re: got it np i've been known to do that also... well, not hacking unfortunately, i just bring my own chromebook and try to type subtly.

• BirdofPrey

i love your new profile name!! it kinda scared me at first tho because i was goin to read some of your stuff and looked up mirkat but nobody was named mirkat so thought you deleted your account lol. hows life going? i have all asynchronous work today because of the snow. also this is a great piece! it makes toast crumbs sound very poetic and more interesting than normal

i love your new username! wasn't sure who that was at first, but it's such a lovely pen name. and "call me cordelia"?! amazing reference! ;)
    ok you made toast crumbs sounds extraordinary and poetic and plaintive. clearly, you got skills.

• rwong

re: thank youuuuuuu <3 <3 nope it was for the regular issue cause my love letters are always so awkward imo LOL but YOURE GETTING PUBLISHED TOO EEEKKKKK <3 <3 <3

• rwong

ALSO OK HI MIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW ARE YOU????
    eek this is big for me but i'm getting published in ice lolly!! because of YOU!!!! eeekkkk TYSMMMM you don't know how much this means to me <3 <3 <3 anyway yea have a great day just wanted to let you know heh heh all my love <3 <3

• remi'sgotinkstains

hehe, i love your box, mirkat . . . or cordelia . . .
    re: that's is totally fine, I just didn't want it to seem like i was pestering you! so, scribble chums it is, and thank you for being my scribble chum ;)

• remi'sgotinkstains

so, em wilder, do you still want to do the thing with useless, starlitskies, and me? if so, we have two names we've narrowed it down to: scribble chums and inkoholics . . . starlitskies and i couldn't decide so if you have an opinion PLEASE let us know! also, if you don't want to do it, don't feel bad about telling us! all the love.

• useless :)

re: thank you! as for the message board, np, you really are an amazing writer! :)
    also, for the books...i honestly don't know if i can pick haha. i love them all, which sounds like a general answer, but each book is so important and great in different ways to her (and her childrens' in some of them) life. i love the first book because anne is so young and i just love her character, she's smart but stubborn, also kind of naive, and she has such a great imagination. i just absolutely love her outlook on life and everything and she learns so much!! the rest of the series is great too, watching her grow up is so nice but also sad in a way sometimes lol, and sometimes i missed past characters in the later books. and i LOVE rilla of ingleside but it's so so sad :// how many of the books have you read?

• xx carolina xx

aaa i love ur pen name! wait is this ur pen name or real name?? aaaaa-

• rwong

also how are youuuuuuu???? <3 <3 <3

• rwong

re: oofffff that unit is nOt fUN. at all. i'd be happy to help though, if you want, because seriously anything other than the math i'm doing would be fine LOL so lmk!! i'm pretty busy this coming week w/ a lot of tests and assessments and essays AND i'm also in person this week so imma be extra tired, with a more tired brain that might not function as intended. *sigh* butttt i'm too addicted to this site to stay away so :)

• psithurism

re: XD Alrighty then!

• remi'sgotinkstains

so, idk if you still wanna do this, but i came up with scribble chums and starlitskies came up with quill pals and inkoholics . . . which do you like better? (for our name i mean)

re: haha thank you!! i was a little nervous about posting that poem, but... i'm really glad i did :)
    as for your question about the jam, lol, my favorite is grape. every year, my mom and grandma and aunt make grape jelly together - and it is SO good, we always have jars of it that last nearly the year. mmm even just thinking about it makes me want to eat it haha :) but i also like strawberry. i also love apricots, but not apricot jam - i hardly ever get to eat apricots except for dried ones, but they're one of my favorite fruits when they're fresh. fruit is delicious :) and i'm so jealous that you get to have amazing bread - bread is one of my favorite foods ever lol!! i like making it a lot, too. although i haven't in a long time. it's a lengthy process, but the end result is amazing :))) we used to make sourdough more often - i named our starter! her name is Beauty and the Yeast XD
    sorry for the rambling comment!! :)

• useless :)

re: aw i'm glad to hear that! and yea, i've been pretty busy with school too. i had three tests today...and just finished two weeks of midterms, so i'm pretty tired haha

• remi'sgotinkstains

right now i have pen friends and bookworms . . . and i'm not confident about them hehe

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: okay, so starlitskies told me everything about library buddies, and then i asked her and useless and you if y'all wanted to be library buddies and she said that library buddies is SunV's thing so we had to come up with our own name . . . any ideas???

• almost flora kane

i'm so hungry and this was a beautiful way to make me even more so. i just realized i never got back to you about the pen name, i swear meant to, but i'm sure you've realized i'm not to good at that. still, i love your choice!!

• psithurism

Ooh I love the new pen name! :)

• rwong

wow this is really beautiful and also i love the ending with a semi-colon idk it kinda matched the feeling of not being too satisfied but being satisfied enough??? idk i'm not making too much sense today lol but we'll blame it on "the math test roasted my brain and now it's kinda charred". also i'm with paisley i loveee the pen nameeeeee <3 <3 (and i also just said that. ahahah oops)

• useless :)

i don't understand how you managed to turn writing about toast crumbs into something beautiful...XD. but this is incredible. it's so descriptive and the imagery is wow. amazing job! :)

eee this is wonderful!!! haha i had toast this morning too... it's so amazing, honestly, when being a poet lets you see even the most mundane things as potential beauty. it's a gift, it really is. :)
    love the pen name!! ik i just said that in my other comment but it really is awesome - i'm so tempted to change mine but at the same time i feel like it's too late lol. too many people know me as paisley. and it's fine, so. i'll most likely just stay with that! :)
    hope you're wonderful!!