useless :)

hi!
idrk what i'm doing but
14 :)
pisces
est 1/22/21

scribble chums with Starlitskies, em wilder, and remi'sgotinkstains
go check them out, they're amazing writers :)

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."- Anne Shirley
"Thank you for your consideration."- Katniss Everdeen
"Great, we're all bloody inspired."- Newt

thank you so much for 100 followers!! :)

have a great day everyone!

a sea of euphoria

14
i almost wish the waters in my mind could
be a crystalline portrayal of paradise, but
i could never hope for so much. the vast
sea of my doubt is rough and choppy. it recklessly
tosses my emotions around, and their anchors are
the only things keeping them clung
on to reality. it has snatched every
last grain of my confidence away, and
when the waves wash back in, i
only find vivid memories of my failure.
of course, fragments of self trust still
wait for me in the depths of my mind, like
hidden pearls in a murky ocean
of uncertainty. i could never hope
to retrieve them though. i am not
brave enough to venture into this sea
of the unknown, full of obstacles
which i have thoroughly convinced myself
i will never be good enough to face. there is no
sliver of hope to hold on to when the last
ember of the fire within me has been smothered.
doused out by the waters that have
washed away the person i could have been.
perhaps it is better this way. if i do
happen to stumble upon the grace
of a simple yes, if i have something to be
proud of, i am washed over with emotion, but
it is refreshing this time. the
sun beams down its rays of warmth
and the choppy ocean turns into the paradise
i have been desperately needing for so long. it is
only a moment though. the sun must set, and
cohesive with the blanket of darkness
that falls over the world, fear of the
unknown infiltrates my soul once more.
although i know that night will come, i
live for those brief moments, where my world
is sun-drenched in a euphoria of 
feeling worthy.

hi!
i got this idea because recently something happened that i'm actually pretty PrOuD oF mYsElF for, doesn't happen often but i was happy about it
that's where the inspiration for the ending came from anyway
thanks for reading :)

• January 29, 2021 - 11:24am (Now Viewing)

ooh also, I just realized, if you're not in the Elements of Craft group, without the link you won't see my pieces I post within that group. And even though you can't comment on them (you can still like hehe), you can look at it and then leave a comment on the latest piece you can normally see, if you could check out my piece under this prompt which was to play around with punctuation and let me know what you think (cause I'm not too sure what I think of it LOL) that would be great, here's the link, https://writetheworld.com/groups/965/shared/229550/version/485787
    Oh and also when I say "check out" that just means that you can look at that piece when you comment next.
    LOL everything I just wrote makes like zero sense but hopefully you got that gist haha!

"sea of my doubt is rough and choppy"
    "hidden pearls in a murky ocean
    of uncertainty"
    "and the choppy ocean turns into the paradise"
    and the last few lines are my favourite because they are just soo perfect!

I love how this starts off quite sad but turns to be so happy (although still keeping a sense of sadness)! And the way you transition those emotions is really amazing as well! and again, I just LOVE your use of metaphors! They're always so unique and vivid. Oh yay, I'm proud of you too for whatever you did!! Yayyy!!

RE: Awww thank you! HAHAH, no your comment made total sense and thanks!!
    Hahahaa loll alright!
    Haha no worries! Oooh nice, I was supposed to have mine a few weeks ago but then it got pushed cause of *corona* and I just had it last week *and it’s already over sob* Oooh yikes exams- hhehehe I’m kind of lucky in that regard that high school exams in my province aren’t happening right now cause of COVID and the really weird school system they set up!
    Of course!
    Lolll, honestly same though! But yes, you should definitely start loving your work because it is awesome!!

Nooo, you don’t sound disrespectful at all! I’d love you to ask me any questions you have. So basically, once you’re at an age where you can fast and it won’t negatively impact your health (so that means pregnant woman and people with certain sicknesses are exempt as well) then you are supposed to fast for the whole month. It’s actually really good for you! (Hence the whole recent craze of intermittent fasting) And then of course there are quite a few tiny exceptions as well, like if you cut yourself and start bleeding a ton you have to open your fast, if you’re travelling somewhere far that it’s going to impact you if you’re fasting then you don’t have to (this one is mostly phycological) and then if it’s your *time of the month* you don’t fast either. BUT if you don’t fast and are in a financial position to do so then you have to donate to charity (at least enough to feed one person for a day/meal I can’t remember exactly lol since that is one of the purposes of fasting: to remember how the less fortunate live) Ok lol that was a lot but hopefully it sort of explained it. In short: if you can, it’s mandatory. (Well as mandatory as something can be when it’s a choice to be part of that faith lol)

Nooo wait that sucks so much, ahhh now I’m scared cause what if the same thing happens to me ahhh! Ok, well hopefully it is nearly done and oh my yeah, when you wear them that long you forget what it’s like to not have them! You are going to be so relieved when you get them off!
    Ohhh no! That is really great but also sucks haha, but on the bright side, I had a friend one day start wearing elastics and when he came to school he spit over everyone for like a full week- it was hilarious loll! So at least you avoid that!

Haha yeah it is! Yeah, apart from a very few select places, Canada doesn’t have middle schools, it’s elementary (up to grade 8) straight to high school. Ohhhhh see, at least then you have a bit of a reason if you fail but here if you show up every day I don’t think you can fail at all. Come to think of it, she might have had to go to summer school possibly to make up the credit. That was just what everyone was saying (that she failed).

I mean, I am pretty SMRT (yes I am aware of how I spelled it) XD

Oh wow, [insert name], that was an amazing answer and I definitely agree! So philosophical wow!

Oooh nice yeah! What book are you reading right now?

Yeah it is! And haha no worries, I’m honestly the same, don’t know why I did on this site LOL. You can just select a pen name and it’s all the same! Ooh wait, what is ice lolly? Is that some anthology or something? (I swear everyone on here talks about things like that and then there’s me who’s only started writing in like February and has no idea what any of them are and only learnt what anthology meant like two weeks ago HAHA)

Of course!
    Thank you! Hope you are as well! (And wow look, super speedy reply for right now haha)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yay i was hoping you would choose Bella Florence!!!!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: oooh i like bella waverly and bella paige!!! i still like bella florence the best tho ;)

• remi'sgotinkstains

I thought of another one! do you like Bella Tallow???

• remi'sgotinkstains

and i LOVE your anne quote so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: i love helping you! don't worry! so, Bella Florence, Bella Hart, and Bella Skye. In my humble opinion I like Bella Florence and Bella Skye better than Bella Hart. I do really like Bella Florence . . . at least you only have 3 to choose from now!!! ;)

"it has snatched every
    last grain of my confidence away, and
    when the waves wash back in, i
    only find vivid memories of my failure.
    hidden pearls in a murky ocean
    of uncertainty"
    woah... the imagery here?! i love it so much! the format adds a lot and the last bit i think is my favorite part... beautiful and gives me such a warm feeling inside! glad you are proud of something you did, that's a great feeling to have. and your message board! scribble chums! that's great. thanks for supporting me, it means so much. i also love the anne quote! ha! what's your fav anne book? alright scribble chum, gotta be productive elsewhere. have a great day!
    <3<3<3

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

Also I love the way that you made the format and the words are so beautiful:) it is so nice and contains so much imagery! Absolutely stunning just like you! :)

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

You joined a week ago and you have 27 FOLLOWERS AHHH SO PROUD OF YOU JUST LIKE YOU SHOULD BE PROUD PF YOURSELF!!!! If you want, you don’t have to check it out but I writing a series until the end of February called A Better Me, it’s supposed to create a better you in a month and I have a little guide and this is not just me looking up things it is actually what I think and has helped me! Thought you liked it just because I want to show you that you are sooooooooooooo (times infinity) worth it!!!!! I BELIEVE in you!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: i like bella skye and bella hart!
    do you like Bella Florence?

• remi'sgotinkstains

aaahhh . . . chums not chumbs what am i doing?

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: starlitskies came up with a few ideas: inkoholics and quill pals? do you still like scribble chumbs best??

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: bella eve sounds nice . . . surnames . . . kade?
    bella kade. bella kade. idk.
    hmm . . . Bella Rosebane? Bella Flaim? Bella Stone? Bella Lotus?
    I've always liked Bella Sophia
    Bella Bloodstone? Bella Starr?
    Sorry if these are all horrible . . . I'm not so great at coming up with names myself . . . you could be Bella Fern, tho that doesn't really flow . . .
    Bella is a hard name to find a good surname for. I would maybe look up online beautiful surnames that flow with the first name Bella . . . sorry if I was no help at all ;)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: totally . . . what are your ideas? so happy u want my opinion!!! (i guess that's what scribble chums do tho lol)

• AJ - Izzy

the imagery of this gorgeous writing... thank you for the beautiful canvas you've painted in my mind :)
    re: thank you! very cheesy yes. I love it and cringe at it simultaneously XD

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yup, but sadly that's the way it goes lol

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: thanks, useless! (it feels really weird calling you 'useless' lol)
    yeah, little things can make me so happy sometimes . . . like everything in the world is good and that's the way it's meant to be ;)

• cloudi

re: eek thank you!!

This is amazing! Ok and the imagery tho...wow!
    Re- Oh gosh you have? That is just so sweet! Have a wonderful day!

• Coeur

re: yeah no problem! Sorry if I overexplained I'm a bit of a nerd about this.

• Coeur

another reply because I forgot: also thank you for your compliment!! it was really sweet and I appreciated it

• Coeur

reply: That's exactly the definition of stream of consciousness! It's definition is "a literary style in which a character's thoughts, feelings, and reactions are depicted in a continuous flow uninterrupted by objective description or conventional dialogue" It's a term invented by William James in 1890 by William James, in his book "The Principles of Psychology" (I don't know how to italicize in WtW comments so I'm just putting in quotations, sorry.) It existed before that though, this was just the first time it had been given a name. A lot of authors write in it, but the only ones I'm familiar with are Edgar Allan Poe, Victoria Woolf, and apparently Stephen King! Gertrude Stein used it for poetry, I've read a few of them. It was popularized by the Modernist movement. That's really all I know though.

• Shivona

YOU ARE SO TALENTED! this is a work of art, it makes me feel so much and the imagery is so vivid! amazing work
    PS Thank you for the comment and congratulations it means so much!! :)

• Coeur

This is beautiful wording! The structure is interesting, were you going for stream of consciousness? If so I think you did great!!

• ~wildflower~

Re: thank you so much for your lovely comment! Your support means a lot to me :).
    Also, hi! I haven’t come across your profile before and it’s nice to meet you! This piece is amazing!!! The imagery is superb and I love the way you’ve contrasted the ‘vast sea of doubt’ and ‘paradise’ so vividly. And did I just read in your profile that you’re just starting to write??!! You have some serious talent!! I’m so excited to read more of your writing!
    p.s. I love your profile picture! That is basically the epitome of comfort for me.

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: alright, scribble chums it is!!!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: okay, basically, you, me, em wilder, and starlitskies are either going to be (choose which one) pen friends or bookworms together.

currently have to pay attention in class (which almost never happens) but notes must be taken. i'll read this later! your comment made my day tho!

• Dragonfly

wow, this is so well written! I love the many metaphors you use, it really enriches your you wonderful descriptions!
    Re: Thank you so much!!

• remi'sgotinkstains

we could call ourselves:
    bookworms
    sisters
    pen friends
    ??? any ideas

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: ok, useless, turns out we can't be "library buddies" because that's SunV's thing . . . so we have to come up with a different name for our group (do you mind if Starlitskies joins whatever we call it???). Any ideas for a group name???