Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

i hope this is poetically delirious

off-key

8

why run away from my chorus?
you bloody outlaw

​now i find it hard 
to orient myself 
when i sing

— not for you
shh. don't speak the truth

these sounds are treading on my nerves
so i tear them apart in front of everyone

but patch them back once i'm alone 

again, a midnight piece :D

• January 28, 2021 - 10:13am (Now Viewing)

• psithurism

ps: Your profile picture is super cool by the way

• psithurism

"why run away from my chorus?
    you bloody outlaw" Oh wow this section just has so much emotion packed into it, I can almost hear the narrator's voice cracking.
    re: Ugh I can relate. I've always wished I could craft, draw, or paint, but I've never been a very good artist.

• Blue Jay

Beautiful poem! Midnight pieces are the best ones, even if it means that you are sleep deprived the next day.

• Parisienne

Re: thank you so much for your comments! They've really made my day. I'll be sure to let you know if I write more on the girl in blue and I want to keep an eye on your writing too. Amazing that we have so much in common! John green really is the best isn't he? I love turtles all the way down, an abundance of Katherines and Looking for Alaska too. so awesome that you want to travel as well, anywhere in particular on your list? I can see that you're from Singapore, I've always wanted to visit...what's it like (if you don't mind me asking). Thanks again and hope you have a good day/night (is it night where you are, not sure?) :)

• Starlitskies

"so i tear them apart in front of everyone

but patch them back once I'm alone" - This is so beautiful! I love how it illuminates on the concept of appearance vs. reality. And your hopes prove true; this is so 'poetically delirious' to the point it becomes intoxicating! ;)
    Re: Thank you for your sweet comment on my piece! And yes, I love talking with you too! I only have practise exams right now to prep myself for the big one in August next year (2022). I know that seems like a long time but there's such a huge *shudders* syllabus to digest. And sorry I take so much time to reply to comments, life gets hectic sometimes. *sigh*
    Love you loads. <3<3<3

• Parisienne

Re: thank you for your comment. I'm glad you like the girl in blue although to be honest I'm not fully sure what her story is yet. Should I write more? This piece is gorgeous by the way, I love how you have the facade of strength and then the truth that the speaker has to patch up later in itallics. It's really gorgeous :)

• ~Aurora~

re: ty
    also this is a beautiful piece

• almost flora kane

re: thank you, i'm doing alright:) hope you're having a good.... hmmm. it might not be friday. hope you're having a good day!