Tushar Mandhan

'illegitimi non carborundum'

I'm letting life hit me until it gets tired, the I'm gonna hit back. It's a classic rope-a-dope.
-La La Land

muse.

12

no my playlist doesn't reflect my life, yes i love singing what i would have been.
no my wrinkles don't tell the reason of my smile, yes i laugh it off like a damn teen.
look at that mirror on the ground, i broke it in a game.
i can see all of me looking at me to put the blame.
would the light go away, i don't wanna see my shadow again.
would you join the broken glass like a disco ball in a country club.
i wanna forget my shadow again (today).
no my scars don't remind of battles i fought, yes I’m just careless and hence i fall.
no my lies don't hide my truth, yes i trace my imagination and write it on papers.
look at that tree on the trail, i threw its seed from train.
would flood parch into drought, i don’t wanna see my reflection again.
would you grow wisteria in my potholes like a new world starting from moss.
i wanna forget my folktales again (today).
if i reverse play the cassette tape, could it change the ending to a mysterious escape.
i’d built a stone house from the meteorites of your words, i’m sorry if my prose found your sherds.
booked a train to the dead poets’ lake, i hope their spirits would guide me my way.
wish i were dandelion floating in god’s breath, if i cry my tears won’t tattoo on peacock’s crest.
no i don’t have a shadow, yes because i’m light.
no i’m not a star but an unbound firefly.
it is a folktale that the patterns on peafowl's feathers are due to tears of his wife after she sent him to exile due his ignorance and pride.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Tush I love this!!! Your writing is just so good dude. I am going to be trying to put some new pieces out soon so keep your eyes pealed.

Re on Soviets and mixed drinks: RHAT WAS BRILLIANT
    CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS

Wow ok this is really beautiful!

Re: Wow, thanks for that cool comment.

Re: Thank you!! <3

Wow. I am astounded. Just the concept alone... and then it’s executed so powerfully I want to soak in it. Do you purposefully put Taylor references or do they just appear on the screen as you type unconsciously? Like booking the train (champagne problems) and dead poets’ lake (the lakes) folktales, spirits would guide me (Ivy), broken glass like a disco ball in a country club (mirrorball, cowboy like me) which btw that line was hauntingly perfect. “I built a stone house” (Ivy?)
    His wife sent him to exile... you know I’m thinking of exile ft bon iver .
    “yes i laugh it off like a damn teen” another one my my favorite lines

• Zirong

oh my goodness I love this so much. the beauty of this piece shakes my soul.

• astrea

stunning piece

• rosemarywisdom

How has no one liked this yet... well, I've got a feeling it's going to be very, very popular.

Your talent is, quite frankly, boundless, but you somehow managed to channel an ocean's worth into this beautiful piece. "booked a train to the dead poets’ lake, i hope their spirits would guide me my way." Just sensational. And even in the piece's final line, it's like the breath is leaving my lungs in words shaped like "OH, wow."

Keep writing! You're doing amazingly.
    Rose